[Path of Sisu] edited on 9th October -07

51 replies to this topic

#26 AfterFlash

Title

• Member Test
  • 924 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 14:02

knjaepsik does have a good point. USA Chinooks usually always get to the supplies faster, and picks more of them up. If USA AI were yo get to that Helix, it would be bad for the other 3 (I think?) players and they will have an unfair advantage (unless they're China) because of that unit. Maybe you should replace that Helix with a Sky Crane or something like that, or maybe just a tech building. Btw, I like yuor map a lot, and try to remove the fencing around the drain-pipes, You don't have to place them around everything (No Offense).

--AfterFlash.

#27 Teukka

Professional

• 313 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 14:47

Yeah, knjaepsik did have a good point. Only thing that I was afraid of was that USA could combat drop ranges in middle of the supplies and then get the helix, that thing of course could have been easy to fix but it turns out that damn Combat Drop can drop them straight into the helixes, so those have to go.
I'll propably just put oil derrick there replace them, though it could have been nice to give players little cross-tech
EDIT: I think I'll just replace it with plain and simple supply dock

And as for those sandbags: I'll remove them. They were pretty useless in any case
EDIT2: updated the pics with newer

Edited by Teukka, 19 June 2007 - 15:37.

#28 Dimanti San

'The' texture error guy :p

• 808 posts
  • Projects: Mapper Guild, ShW Mapping, Concept drawings and other stuff I've probably forgotten :p

Posted 19 June 2007 - 16:14

Try to smooth the hills a bit, cuz they cause some texture errors (bottom picture in the bottom right corner, if you wondered what I was refering to).
Posted Image
Click my Mapper Guild Sig to link to the MG forum; the place to download maps or show your own work
Posted Image
Signature removed for explicit content - Nuker edit <LOL

#29 AfterFlash

Title

• Member Test
  • 924 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 16:16

Dude, I don't know how, but you can sure spot some texture errors! I will call you texture-error-guy from now on! :loel:

#30 Dimanti San

• 808 posts
  • Projects: Mapper Guild, ShW Mapping, Concept drawings and other stuff I've probably forgotten :p

Posted 19 June 2007 - 16:27

Good eyes always help + hatred for texture errors :loel:
Posted Image
Click my Mapper Guild Sig to link to the MG forum; the place to download maps or show your own work
Posted Image

#31 AfterFlash

Title

• Member Test
  • 924 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 16:29

ok thanks for the advice, texture-error-guy!

#32 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 20 June 2007 - 03:04

View PostDimanti San, on 18 Jun 2007, 12:14, said:

:P They should really make you a MG member, your map layouts look really originall 2, hope they are well balanced though. :D

If Tuekka makes a post in the appropriated thread that he wants to become an MG member, I'm sure his maps would be more than enough to get him in :D . The layout is indeed original, and I do like it, however, one small detail bugs me. I believe it's either the center of the map, or slightly north of center, there are 4 drainage spouts. To me, they look a little odd, considering there are only 2 spouts on the opposite side of the road. That's really my only "gripe", otherwise I think the map looks great.

My best,

Nuker
Posted Image

#33 Teukka

Professional

• 313 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:38

@Major Nuker: Just to make things sure, you're meaning the C&C Mapper Applications thread? I just thought that posting them here would be enough but I'll see to it later to today if I'm required to do so.

And about those drainpipes: Yes there are four spouts that split to two different directions two of them goes to left while other two go to the right, you just propably didn't notice it.

#34 Lord Atlantis

I am Iron Man

• 3807 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:00

If you want to apply for the Mapper's Guild, post your request and pics of your work in the "C&C Mapper Applications" thread. :P
Posted Image

#35 Teukka

Professional

• 313 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:10

Thanks for the quick answer; I'll go post my application there then

#36 Dimanti San

• 808 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:59

Pretty sure you wil get in, but good luck anyway :P
Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 Teukka

Professional

• 313 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 13:05

I'm almost ready with this one, just needs a bit of fine tuning:
Edited the first post and replaced the pics with newer ones

#38 Nexolate

The Hated

• 3078 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 13:29

Very impressive.
The textures look a bit simple imo though, try mixing in some texture paths or some patches of different coloured grass.

Edited by Nexolate, 21 June 2007 - 13:30.

Posted Image
You'll only notice me when it's too late.
Posted Image

#39 Teukka

Professional

• 313 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 13:47

Actually I already have four different kind of grass textures mixed togethr in those grass areas.

#40 AfterFlash

Title

• Member Test
  • 924 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 14:31

Teukka, if they don't let you in, they're some sort of idiots. This is some original mapwork you've done!!!

#41 Dimanti San

• 808 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 14:42

View PostAfterFlash, on 21 Jun 2007, 16:31, said:

Teukka, if they don't let you in, they're some sort of idiots. This is some original mapwork you've done!!!

Have to agree on that, which meens I am no idiot :P
Posted Image
Posted Image

#42 AfterFlash

Title

• Member Test
  • 924 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 14:43

I vote you go in, don't call me an idiot! You deserve it anyway!

#43 Jonny_Orange

Regular

• 163 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 19:03

looks like a good map so far from the screens, can't wait to play it.
Posted Image
Posted Image :D

#44 Teukka

Professional

• 313 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 19:26

Got it ready (atleast the first fersion of it) and edited the first post to include the download.

Edited by Teukka, 21 June 2007 - 19:26.

#45 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 22 June 2007 - 03:00

@Teukka: I did notice, but tbh, they just look a little odd all crammed into that one little area.
Posted Image

#46 Nexolate

The Hated

• 3078 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 13:18

Where did you get the name from? It sounds exotic.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#47 Teukka

Professional

• 313 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 13:35

Hah, thanks.

I just mixed some english and finnish together. ("Sisu" translates roughly to: "have guts" or "strenght of spirit")

#48 laserjet

Semi-Pro

• Project Team
  • 297 posts
  • Projects: Zero Hour Unleashed - CC Untitled - CnC Revoultion

Posted 27 June 2007 - 00:32

map worked flawlessly. great job, I tested CC Untitled current build and there was no lag and the AI was :) perfect.
Posted Image Imagination is the best Science

#49 Nexolate

The Hated

• 3078 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:35

View PostTeukka, on 26 Jun 2007, 14:35, said:

I just mixed some english and finnish together. ("Sisu" translates roughly to: "have guts" or "strenght of spirit")

Interesting, thanks for the FYI. :)

Edited by Nexolate, 27 June 2007 - 08:35.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 Dimanti San

• 808 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:18

If translated in Dutch it wouldn't sound as good, you'd get: 'Path of Moed' or 'Path of Sterke Wil' or something like that, it would probably be a bit harder to pronounce to LOL :).

PS: If you translate stuff into Dutch it doesn't sound as cool as it would in English...dunno why...
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users