Some screenhots that I found

1 reply to this topic

#1 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 13:28

I showed them to Kenny yesterday and I think that I can share them with you guys as well since this is more related to TW mapping than ANYthing.
Screenshots which I found in a German CnC3 forum

Tiberium Spore Trees (AKA Blossom Trees)
^ This is a tree placed on top of a Tiberium crater which is underneath the earth

Tiberium Veins + Vein Hole
^ A composition of decorational objects and certain gound textures around a pit

A Waterfall

A tunnel-entrance
^ I have no idea if it's possible to make it work like an actual tunnel, since there isn't really a way through the mountain

Tiberium crater
^ Looks awesome, doesn't it?

Indoor areas 1, 2
The idea behind this is great, might make some concepts for indoor-missions sometime which I'm going to share with you guys then

Sources:
http://www.hqboard.n...ead.php?t=24154
http://www.hqboard.n...ight=eye+candys

Edited by Rayburn, 15 July 2007 - 13:29.

#2 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 13:55

Speaking of maps, I started a new concept for a mission yesterday. It only exists in JPEG thus far and will be put on paper once I can get my hands on new grid paper. As soon as it's complete, I'll present it here, hoping to find an interested and skilled mapper to realise the plan. I'll be more than happy then.

It will be a remake of the GDI Sarajevo mission with some elements from the last GDI mission in TD which was set around Nod's local temple as well. The existing map sucks arse in my opinion as it's just empty, boring landscape with a Nod base put in the top right corner which looks like some medieval fort.
My version will be more asymmetric, feature a Tiberium polluted river, a dead village used as cover by Nod militants, bridges and mountains. Nods base will be bigger, fortified more heavily and split into sections by those massive walls. There are two different ways to get in there, one will be short and direct, yet heavily fortified, one will be longer and toxic, but in return, it gets you into the actual base more easily and is closer the the temple. The objectives will be similar. Destroy 3 generators that prevent an ion cannon strike. This time, you'll have to destroy ALL generators before you can use the cannon ANYwhere in the big base. Don't worry: The area you'll have to make your way through BEFORE you're even near the base will be unprotected. Once the third generator which is right next to the ruins of the first temple - I need some creative use of ruins and buildings here - is destroyed, you get the order to blast the new temple with the ion cannon, ending the mission and - following the campaign story - triggering the alien invasion.

Edited by Rayburn, 15 July 2007 - 13:57.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users