Mathias' tunes [New song out 18. Jan]

94 replies to this topic

#76 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 15:25

One of your best yet, I could listen to that all day :)
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#77 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:44

Oddly reminds me of Mega Man, and if you listen close enough, you might be able to sneak hints of Sonic the Hedgehog. The bass line provides the edge to keep the rhythm moving properly. Almost doubles on to itself perfectly, if it weren't for the second or so of silence at the very end. Then again, I'd be willing to bet it wasn't meant as a repeating soundtrack. No worries though, as this is one of your finest pieces.
Posted Image

#78 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 16:13

Hmmm, must've missed this.

Really good piece, I don't know how you keep coming up with this stuff but I love it. As usual, excellent |8 . Fifened, naturally.

The loop thingy btw is also pretty nice, though not among your best. But considering it's only a small thing that's not surprising.

Edited by Chyros, 16 November 2008 - 16:14.

TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#79 Mathias

we dont need i to c

• 3831 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:30

Thanks for chiming in, guys. Nice to hear from you again, Nuker. 8|

Chyros is talking about this, by the way. Forgot to post it here.
Lifes a shit.. deal w/ it..its impossible to have a good day wow fuck this gay earth much??
Posted Image
Ask me questions about audio technical matters or DAWs!

#80 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 05:31

As the word in parenthesis denotes, Nightrun loops flawlessly. Also would fit the bill for a dark rave room.
Posted Image

#81 Mathias

we dont need i to c

• 3831 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 19:03

Gnist, a breakbeat track with some strange vibes.
Lifes a shit.. deal w/ it..its impossible to have a good day wow fuck this gay earth much??
Posted Image

#82 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 22:17

Sweet track man, I love the whole environment that this track envisions. My main criticism is that it may need a bit more backing to it, it just feel s like it is lacking here and there.

Posted Image

#83 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 22:57

Part of the backing sounds like it came from a Rammstein song. From 2:16 on, it sounds like it could double as music to conduct a fashion show to. Not a bad thing mind you, but maybe you don't see that as the best compliment. The song does loop well and from when the song ends, to the first 10 seconds in, Gnist has a wonderful start-up. Some sections are a little flat, but that's probably a built-in feature, and fits the effect you're reaching for. Also, some parts I envisioned someone under water, swimming, almost dancing. Gnist has graceful flow and is a shining example to your talent.
Posted Image

#84 Mathias

we dont need i to c

• 3831 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 16:18

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Nuker and Alias :D I always appreciate it.

New videogame track.
I recently acquired a very good SID emulator VST plugin (unknown64) and this is the result of my tinkering around with it. Its similar to Omega Wing.

Edited by Mathias, 22 December 2008 - 16:18.

Posted Image

#85 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 21:17

Gah, missed Gnist. Well now, it's certainly different from the rest of your work. Crisp sound though, and not a bad listen :D .

Jovian isn't one of your best IMO, though. The sound sounds quite "broken" and it feels like it's messing with my head :s .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#86 Overdose

Nice Guy Syndrome

• Gold Member
  • 4146 posts
  • Projects: SWR Projects

Posted 22 December 2008 - 23:01

As you know I loved Gnist. Jovian was very old school, which brought me back to gaming moments from many years ago.
Posted Image

#87 Warbz

IRC is just a multiplayer notepad.

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 00:13

I love this one. Some futureepop style lyrics are the only thing that could make it better imo.

Posted Image

#88 Mathias

we dont need i to c

• 3831 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 14:22

Thanks bois! You make it all worthwhile. :read:

Happy breakbeat or drum'n'bass or whatever with happy high pitched melody
Posted Image

#89 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 14:42

Heh, happy indeed :read: .

Crisp sound, it can't beat Landfall but it's a good tune nonetheless 8| .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#90 Mathias

we dont need i to c

• 3831 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:28

It's quite a different experience from Landfall, that's for sure. Hope it can place on the list this wednesday.. if I get 4.40 or above in score.
Posted Image

#91 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:46

I can't say as my musical preferences usually extend into these areas, but Sunscape in particular has a strange but totally undeniable attraction to it. It's genuinely fantastic composition and I'll try and stick my head in here more often, that's for sure.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#92 Mathias

we dont need i to c

• 3831 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 18:57

Thanks! I'll get my claws into you all and turn you towards electronic music eventually.
Posted Image

#93 Ellipsis

<Custom title available>

• 806 posts
  • Projects: Co-Leader of Zero Hour:Unleashed

Posted 22 January 2009 - 21:14

Oh shit! Awesome work you did there, Mathias. I simply love Gnist, and I think that I can breakdance to it. The other songs were well done as well.

Keep it up Mathias, I will be back in here. :P
Posted Image
Thanks for the sig and avatar, 'Dr.

#94 Comr4de

DO IT MAGGOT

• Gold Member
  • 5630 posts
  • Projects: SWR Productions

Posted 24 January 2009 - 00:29

I honestly need to pay more attention when you post a new song. I truly enjoy listening to your tracks every time man, as always, keep it going |8

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome
Posted Image

#95 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 04:59

Another bright track, that reminds me of In Pursuit of Justice (my favorite). The ending distortion effect brings memories of entering the Matrix, as does the first 2 seconds of audio. All in all, a well balanced and mixed track. A true gem of a piece.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users