USA, CHINA, and GLA

89 replies to this topic

#51 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:45

He meant on the USA part...and yeah I agree with the fellow on the Laser part. Its just plain unrealistic to see someone with lasers ONLY.
Posted Image

#52 Alexei_Stukov

The Knowledge is the Best Expirience

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:56

Do you like this remake of the USA skin style?
Please say what you think.
Posted Image

Edited by Alexei_Stukov, 14 December 2008 - 11:56.

#53 JJ

Half dead member

• Project Leader
  • 3294 posts
  • Projects: Real life things, personal RA3 mod

Posted 14 December 2008 - 12:05

Looks shiny, and I'm sure modern military equipments are not shiny. The skin, I'm not sure about it.

#54 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days, DTU Donutin Council Co-Chairman

Posted 14 December 2008 - 12:59

Apart from the chrome effect I like the overall new look of realism applied to the skin.

#55 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts
  • Projects: beta tester of world at war cnc and situation zero concept art

Posted 14 December 2008 - 13:09

Can u redesign the crusader? Perhaps with an overhanging turret and more detail
Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#56 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 15:40

Say which style you like most
Posted Image
Or suggest new style.

Edited by Alexei_Stukov, 14 December 2008 - 15:41.

#57 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 16:05

from the 4 of those I'd choose either the top-left or the bottom-right
Posted Image

#58 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 15 December 2008 - 00:46

Bottom right, definitely.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#59 JJ

Half dead member

• Project Leader
  • 3294 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 02:32

I don't really judge graphics well, but I'll go with bottom right.

#60 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 15 December 2008 - 19:35

Bottom left.
Posted Image

#61 edsato82

Professional

• 317 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 16:24

bottom right
Posted Image Thanks Kid
Posted Image Thanks Abourror

#62 Jazzie Spurs

[Pantsu-Dan]

• Project Team
  • 4073 posts
  • Projects: Commanding the ECA 33rd Ground Assault Team.

Posted 17 December 2008 - 18:44

I'll say, new model. :)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageBlack Lagoon OST
Posted Image

#63 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 19:02

This model is not so bad. Maybe at some later time I'll create new tank :)

#64 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:36

USA does have superior fire support with ''smart bombs'' and long range precision weaponry. Why not expand the overall precision theme of the Laser weapon system into something that focusses on efficiency. Using laserguided systems and precise weapon systems would allow you for a MUCH broader spectrum in filling this system, and it's also just more interesting than just lasers.

USA Precision weapon system is way better than Laser weapon system.

Oh, and top left. Bottom right is too dark.
Posted Image

#65 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 16:18

Top Left.

I agree with Aftershock, Precision > Laser.

If it's acceptable, I'd have some suggestions about weapon systems:

USA
Precision (As Aftershock stated, but rather slower ROF)
Mass Destruction (Opposite of Precision, high Damage)
AF (Some precision, and some mass destruction, high moblity)

China
Artillery Corps (Best arty, supportive tank+infantry)
Armor Corps (Mediocre arty, strong tank, supportive infantry)
Motorized Infantry Corps ( Good inf+transport, supportive tank, precision artillery)

GLA:
Biochemical Cell (Toxin+Dirty Nukes, high HP in GLA)
Guerrilla Warfare (Hit-n-run, stealth, low damage but faster ROF)
Religious Wing (Low HP, great firepower, certain unit death + near unit ROF and armor)

Edited by FCS The General, 19 December 2008 - 16:25.

#66 JJ

Half dead member

• Project Leader
  • 3294 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 16:22

View PostFCS The General, on 20 Dec 2008, 0:18, said:

[font="Times New Roman"]Top Left.
Guerrilla Warfare (Hit-n-run, stealth, highest HP in GLA)

Did you just put hit-n-run and high HP together? D:

Edited by JJ, 19 December 2008 - 16:22.

#67 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 16:25

Oh yeah. Maybe give it to Biochemical Cell.

#68 Russianroots

Visitor

• 21 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 15:38

I don't think GLA should be given stealth as technology should not be their strength/. They are more or less Iran.

#69 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 04:28

Rather than stealth, it's more a kind of camouflage. But, IDK if you can code in camouflage (Not complete stealth) =/

#70 Someone

Casual

• 70 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 18:44

Sorry for no making any sub-faction-specific suggestions. I will do that in due time. Here is what I have for now:

GLA ideas

1) Make the Rebel look more like this:

Posted Image
Posted Image

2) New model for the Scorpion light tank based on the Brazilian EE-9 “Rattlesnake”, French ERC-90 “Sagaie”, or some other similar scout car. “Rattlesnake” and “Sagaie” are both widespread in the Middle East and North Africa.

EE-9 Rattlesnake
Posted Image
Posted Image

ERC-90 Sagaie
Posted Image
Posted Image

3) New model for the Marauder tank. Preferably, the new model should be based on a tank that can compete with modern MBTs and an organization like the GLA might have access to. If possible, it should be something original as well.
An interesting possibility is to use a tank like the Argentinean Tanque Argentino Mediano (TAM) or Brazilian EE-T1 Osório as a model for the Marauder. Both of these tanks were to be sold to countries in the Middle East, but the deals did not go through due to politics.
Another possible tank that can serve as the bases for the Marauder is the Iranian-made Zulfiqar MBT as somebody else already suggested.
A modernized version of a Soviet tank like the T-62 could also be used as the bases for the Marauder, but many other mods already feature such tanks. (Just a word of advise – if you choose to give the GLA in the game a modernized version of a Cold War-era Soviet tank, make sure it is not a T-72, for it will look similar to the T-90 of the Russian side).

TAM
Posted Image
Posted Image
(Note: Tanque Argentino Mediano literaly means “Argentine Medium Tank”)

EE-T1
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
(Note: I could be mistaking, but the EE-T1 is probably named after the city of Osório in Brazil. Saudi Arabia intended to rename their EE-T1 Osório(s) to Al Fahd(s), which means the Lion Of The Desert in Arabic.)

Zulfiqar (from top to bottom: Zulfiqar-1, Zulfiqar-2, Zulfiqar-3)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Example of a modernized T-62
http://www.morozov.c...ages/t62-3l.jpg
http://www.morozov.c...ages/t62-5l.jpg

4) Somebody mentioned earlier the idea of giving GLA a heavy AAA vehicle. Perhaps it could be something like this:

Posted Image

5) Several people expressed the idea of giving GLA aircraft. Here is my suggestion for “GLA airpower”:
Make a heavy truck with two trailers available from the Arms Dealer. The first trailer would contain radar similar to that on the Radar Van, while the second trailer would be a large transport trailer. This truck unit would be able to “build” an Airstrip (a dirt airstrip with a cammo-netting one end to hide the aircraft). Once the player chooses a location for the Airstrip, the truck would come to that location and “deploy” (become non-mobile and activate its radar). A worker would than exit the trailer and build the Airstrip. The player would be able to build only one aircraft per Airstrip, but the airstrip would take up less space than a regular Air Field. I would suggest make the following aircraft types available from Airstrip:

A) Helicopter – several people already suggested giving GLA the Gazelle helicopter as an anti-tank/transport helicopter. I support this idea. I think it should be well armed but light armored and have ability to transport a few soldiers. Although it would be unable to lift vehicles, one could always transport workers and build Tunnel Networks on location.
Perhaps the Gazelle should be built from the Arms Dealer rather than the Airstrip though to make it available earlier on in the game.

SA.341 Gazelle helicopter
Posted Image

B) Ground Attack – some people suggested giving GLA older MiG ground attack aircraft. I would like to suggest something more original: An-2 “Colt”. Manufactured from about late 1940’s / early 1950’s to 1990’s, An-2 is one of the most produced and widely used aircraft in the world. An-2 is designed as a rugged light transport aircraft – a typical “kukuruznik” or “bush-plane”. Although built for transport role, during the unrest in the Balkans they were used to drop makeshift bombs. I think the GLA could use it in the same way.
In addition, maybe the player could have the option of loading infantry into An-2 and parachuting them onto the battlefield.

Antonov An-2
Posted Image

C) Air Superiority – I think the GLA should have air-superiority fighter capable of competing with the 4th and 5th generation fighters used by the other factions in the game. (Thus, I would not advise giving GLA MiG-21 for this role).
French-made Rafale or Mirage-4000 could be used for this purpose. Neither aircraft is used in the Arab-world (yet alone by a guerrilla-organization) but hey – Russian Armed Forces do not really use Su-37 or Su-30MK2 while Peoples Liberation Army Air Force does not have a single MiG 1.42.

Rafale
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Mirage 4000
Posted Image
Posted Image

If the need arises, the truck could “undeploy” and become mobile again. If that happens the Airstrip “built” by the truck would be sold. Any airplane stationed at that Airstrip would be transported in the truck’s trailer and would become available once again when the truck builds a new Airstrip at a different location. (If the airplane happens to be in flight when an Airstrip is sold though, it would crash down to the ground)
An Airstrip would remain functional if its associated truck is destroyed, but the player would no longer be able to relocate his/her air assets to a different location.

6) New model for GLA General-Power transport/bomber aircraft based on a real aircraft. I am not sure what to suggest for the new model – there are just too many possibilities here!

Edited by Someone, 04 January 2009 - 21:03.

#71 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 30 December 2008 - 00:45

The Mirage could make for an excellent fighter for GLA though I would use the Mirage 2000 or Mirage 3. The Gazelle is also a good choice.
Posted Image

#72 Deverill

Semi-Pro

• 249 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:38

GLA could use some old outdated USA tech that they have either stolen or salvaged. If you plan for GLA to have air power than planes like P-51 Mustang, the F4U Corsair, and the B-29 Superfortress would fit well.

I can't remember what the weapons are called but there are those things that look like tazer guns, 3 or more inf would shoot a tank or other vehicle with these "Tazers" and the guns would make the tank heat up all most like a microwave and practically cook the men inside.

You could give GLA inf an upgrade which is just simply cutting crosses into the tips of their bullets. Doing this is against war law as the bullets practically explode when doing so are are a really inhumane way to kill someone.

Edited by Deverill, 02 January 2009 - 04:44.

Posted Image

#73 Destrukto

Pimped-out Warrior

• 659 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 23:13

Id like to see more robots for USA

#74 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:19

Suggest some ?

#75 Destrukto

Pimped-out Warrior

• 659 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 21:51

Okay:
1. The vZH SD could be replaced with an actual TALON SWORDS that its obviously based upon.
2. There could be an option for building MULE robot trucks in USA SC in addition to the Chinooks.
3. Something resembling a Firescout robot chopper?

Pics:
@1:Posted Image

@2:Posted Image

@3:Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users