266 replies to this topic

#1 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:04

Posted Image
Come inside, take a look around, request something please :P. Original post below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to put some sig's and stuff I make up here- comments and criticism would be greatly appreciated-

My first sig, an experiment in photoshop
Posted Image
Another sig similar to the first, same line of sigs... I'm not so sure about the font in this one, so comments on that would be great
Posted Image
third sig in that line... the one I like the least- but, I don't know... same deal- comments please
Posted Image
A wallpaper I did for my friend
Posted Image

Edited by Swimmer, 02 August 2008 - 01:10.

kinda, sorta alive.

#2 Lord Atlantis

I am Iron Man

• 3807 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 18:08

Hmmm... you have some interesting work here. Kudos for creativity. More would be nice. :pnd:
Posted Image

#3 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 18:26

The second one is my favorite, i like the contrasting colours :pnd:
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#4 E.V.E.

Femme Fatale Of The Army

• Gold Member
  • 6564 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 18:29

I like your Deskt-- ... not Desktop Wallpaper. :pnd:

Keep em coming!

- E.V.E.

Posted Image

#5 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 21:24

A new sig I did today- I'm not so sure about the font, but this one was more of an experiment than anything else
Posted Image
A wallpaper I made for my little brother
Posted Image
Swim~Listen~Game

P.S. how do you add borders in photoshop?

Edited by swim-listen-game, 05 January 2008 - 21:27.

kinda, sorta alive.

#6 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 21:55

there are about 100 ways to do it. easiest is to create a new layer > ctrl + a > edit > stroke > decide the number of pixel deep & color and you're done.

Seriously if you got PS questions, click my first banner, register and ask away. It's a forum dedicated to signatures and Photoshop art. Ask anyone round here and they'll tell you we know what we are up to.

Nice first pieces btw.

#7 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 22:57

Thanks wizard, I think I'll set up an account there when I get a chance
here's another sig I did today- I like this one, but some as always, comments and critism would be great
Posted Image

Swim~Listen~Game

Edit: Made text bigger

Edited by swim-listen-game, 05 January 2008 - 23:02.

kinda, sorta alive.

#8 Lord Atlantis

I am Iron Man

• 3807 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 23:45

I like the font choice, and it is rather simple. I like it. :pnd: 7/10
Posted Image

#9 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 23:50

Thanks, I use that font a lot... maybe too much :pnd: btw it's planet kosmo's from dafont
swim~listen~game

Edited by swim-listen-game, 06 January 2008 - 02:11.

kinda, sorta alive.

#10 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 02:11

Sorry for the double post, but I have a new sig in 2 versions... I can't decide which font to use
Here's version 1
Posted Image
Here's version 2
Posted Image
comments and criticism please
Swim~Listen~Game

EDIT: version 3
Posted Image

Edited by swim-listen-game, 06 January 2008 - 17:40.

kinda, sorta alive.

#11 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 18:15

An SAS sig for all the brit's here... I really like this one, but I think it's... Lacking something- I don't know what, comments and criticism
Posted Image

Edit: border version
Posted Image

Edited by swim-listen-game, 06 January 2008 - 19:44.

kinda, sorta alive.

#12 LDM125

Amateur

• 140 posts
  • Projects: ZH Unleashed, Fast-Paced ZH

Posted 06 January 2008 - 20:08

Aren't those visualizations in Windows Media Player? Otherwise nice though.

-LDM
Posted ImagePosted Image
--Pain is weakness leaving the body--

#13 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 20:10

Ahh you've figured me out! :wahhhhhaa: nah, they're from iTunes visualiser!!! all it does is run a script to create random images based on quartz composer parameters... and most are heavily edited... do you like the SAS sig?

Edited by swim-listen-game, 06 January 2008 - 20:11.

kinda, sorta alive.

#14 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 02:21

New avatar aswell... anyone like?
Swim~Listen~Game
almost a rocket soldier!!!
kinda, sorta alive.

#15 Futschki

Duh!

• 2835 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 13:43

they are alright Id give 6.5/10 for average ... as they are a bit bland for my liking even tho the idea of using those visualisation are good but u need to fill the whole sig with things IMO(Brushes I advise) and then give the whole sig a good fitting color ... for example in the soldier sig (even tho its ur best) ... the orange font doesnt fit ... maybe u should create a hue/saturation layer and use blue ...

also a sig will look better if the Width is like 2.5Height I mean more than double ... and thats IMHO :D ...

other than that, that's a good start ... u dont want to see my first sigs ...

I hope you dont take my criticism as offensive and well ... KEEP ON PRACTICING AND KEEP EM COMING!!!! ;)

Edited by Abourror, 07 January 2008 - 13:48.

Posted Image

#16 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 22:57

I don't take that as offensive at all. I started the thread so that I could see what my sig's needed. When I get the time, I'll mak ethose edits and see how it looks. By "the soldier one" you mean the master chief sig? or the SAS one? I know they could both use some improvement.
Thanks
Swim~listen~game
EDIT: whats a hue/saturation layer? and I have no brushes, and no idea how to use 'em... any help there would be GREATLY appreciated

Edited by swim-listen-game, 08 January 2008 - 00:02.

kinda, sorta alive.

#17 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:28

Ok abouror... this look better?
Posted Image
kinda, sorta alive.

#18 Lord Atlantis

I am Iron Man

• 3807 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 04:42

Its still using the visualization as the background, but I think he was getting at was a background created from texturing a layer, then adding some color overlays/effects.
Posted Image

#19 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 08:30

whats a hue/saturation layer? and I have no brushes, and no idea how to use 'em... any help there would be GREATLY appreciated

That is a lot to answer. A hue saturation layer is a tool in PS that can adjust the coloration of the image, or a given layer. Allowing you to tweek the image to your liking. PS has quite a few powerful abilities that are not instantly visible in the tool bar that can do some impressive things and I (and indeed Abs) can wax lyrical about them all day. If you really want to know more mate you know where to come and ask me :P

On your siggy here, I can give you a few suggestions. Turn off the Master Chief image (called render from now on) and then do the same with your text. So you left with just what you have used to make the background. Take the smudge brush (the one with the finger) and go crazy all over the background so you can't recognise it.
Make the render visible again and then click the single line marque tool (the semi-dotted box/circle in the top left of your tool bar) Hold down the mouse until you see the 4 options pop up. Select the one that is vertical and then click somewhere on your render that has the greatest height. Oce done, rightclick in the marqueed area and then select Create layer via copy and a new layer of one pixel wide and x high will appear.
Then hit ctrl+t to activate the transform function and drag the side boxes apart, basically streching your new pixel wide layer across your image. Then select "overlay" from the blend options in the layer menu and you should have a half decent background.
Make your text visible again and lets see the results.

If none of that made sense we can talk later.

- W

Edited by Wizard, 08 January 2008 - 08:32.

#20 Futschki

Duh!

• 2835 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 15:57

u can join Sig craze if u want to get some help ... and u can add wizard's msn and mine too if u want help too
Posted Image

#21 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 20:22

I'm sorry If I wasn't clear before, but I'm using PS elements on a mac... I can't find either of those tools
swim~listen~game
kinda, sorta alive.

#22 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 20:33

All of those facilities should will be available on a mac to. What version of PS are you using? If you had MSN profile I'd add you and talk you through some stuff. Here is a very disjointed way of providing crit.

#23 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 20:42

Never mind, I found the smudge tool, on the mac, they hid it... but I found it eventually. I may set up an MSN account eventually, but I have enough passwords to keep track of now... later, I may, and I'll set up an account at sig craze eventually aswell. I am using elements
swim~listen~game

EDIT: like this? In elements, you only get 2 marquee options- rectangular and eliptical, so I don't know what to do with that one- but here's the version with a fixed background
Posted Image

Edited by swim-listen-game, 08 January 2008 - 20:48.

kinda, sorta alive.

#24 Futschki

Duh!

• 2835 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 13:46

this is better fo sure ... now u should try this with other sigs and I recommend using bigger Renders ... also try to find some brushes and mess with them and ull get som good results... also try to make another type of border ... try No-Skillz tutorial of tech border ...

Edited by Abourror, 09 January 2008 - 17:15.

Posted Image

#25 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 13:51

Agreed it is much better. You might want to think about making your sigs a touch smaller as well. The larger the sig the more space you have to fill with something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users