#26 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days, DTU Donutin Council Co-Chairman

Posted 19 March 2006 - 15:22

Sin City
10/10
The coolest movie. Ever. Period. At least for me.

#27 BillyChaka

The word is law. The law is love.

• Member Test
  • 4358 posts
  • Projects: stayin' alive

Posted 19 March 2006 - 16:08

V for Vendetta

4/10

They totally didn't do justice to the writer, Alan Moore. The guy's a genius but the Watchowski brothers totally butchered the movie. It's way overrated.

Posted Image

Ion Cannon in IRC said:

[19:11] <+IonCannnon> Basically, billychaka is a heartless bastard.

#28 DerKrieger

Hillbilly Gun Nut

• 1758 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 21:44

BillyChaka, on 19 Mar 2006, 16:08, said:

V for Vendetta

4/10

They totally didn't do justice to the writer, Alan Moore. The guy's a genius but the Watchowski brothers totally butchered the movie. It's way overrated.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah...not going to waste my time talking about it now...just read this: http://guardian.blog...rchive/312.html
I'm not going to waste my money on some bullshit political statement.
You know why Sin City was so good? They stayed true to the source material.
Anyways...
Fight Club
7.5/10
More than what meets the eye...I'll probably have to watch this again to get the whole meaning, but it is...interesting to say the least. I don't know if everyone will like it, but it's probably worth watching at least once.
Band of Brothers
20/10
Just finished watching this on DVD. It was a miniseries on HBO, and was a film adaptation of Stephen Ambrose's book about Easy Company of the 101st Ariborne Division in Europe during WWII; very well done, and based on real life events. Definately a must see!
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 BillyChaka

• Member Test
  • 4358 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 23:52

Big Trouble

8/10

Probably the best Tim Allen movie ever. Very well made.

(LOL Dude, you didn't get Fight Club? That movie pwned. Project Anarchy all the way!)

Posted Image

Ion Cannon in IRC said:

#30 DerKrieger

Hillbilly Gun Nut

• 1758 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 04:02

I didn't say that I didn't get it, just that it was different than most films (I liked the twist near the end...very cool!)in its execution...the movie had more turns than a mountain road.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 Cattman2236

Freelance Photoshop Artist

• Gold Member
  • 970 posts
  • Projects: Massive Destruction: First Encounter

Posted 20 March 2006 - 09:44

Conan 9/10

Hardcore film about arnie killing people, and ripping heads off........wait....he does that in all his films?

Does anybody know the name of that crap film with Steven Seagal, where he`s an Enviromentalist killig people, That should be a comedy lol i was laughing all the way through that one.

Edited by Cattman2236, 20 March 2006 - 21:47.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 BillyChaka

• Member Test
  • 4358 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 20:30

Saving Private Ryan

5/10

Well, the acting is incredible, but seriously, it's not that good. Steven Spielberg just tries to cover up his directing with blood. And lots of it.

Posted Image

Ion Cannon in IRC said:

#33 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 20 March 2006 - 20:54

Mr and Mrs Smith

2/10 its crap, and very unrealistic
Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 DerKrieger

Hillbilly Gun Nut

• 1758 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 23:18

Cattman2236, on 20 Mar 2006, 09:44, said:

Conan 9/10

Hardcore film about arnie killing people, and ripping heads off........wait....he does that in all his films?

Does anybody know the name of that crap film with Steven Seagal, where he`s an Enviromentalist killig people, That should be a comedy lol i was laughing all the way through that one.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Conan the Barbarian is an Arnold Classicâ„¢
I think the movie you're talking about is The Patriot. Not to be confused with the Mel Gibson movie with the same name about the American Revolutionary War (which was a pretty good film).
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 BillyChaka

• Member Test
  • 4358 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 23:34

Princess Mononoke

10/10

I love Miyazaki. He's like, teh best director evar.

Posted Image

Ion Cannon in IRC said:

#36 Cattman2236

• Gold Member
  • 970 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 20:54

-10/10 The Patriot (mel gibson one)

What a load of crap, unrealistic film that made us British look like the Gestapo (which were not during them days), totaly out of proportion that film, and insulting to say the least. If you want to know what really went on in them days read a book, never watch american history done by americans....EVER
Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 RoGue Kn!Ght

Amateur

• 100 posts
  • Projects: Domination Mod

Posted 21 March 2006 - 20:58

The sum of all fears:

7/10

it isnt brilliant but its got a quite good storyline...
Posted Image

#38 Cattman2236

• Gold Member
  • 970 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 16:37

I actually think SoAF is a good film, Mostly because of the special effects used.

10/10 The Untouchables, Great gangster film....feel sorry for the guy who gets his head re-shaped by capone with the baseball bat lol.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#39 DerKrieger

Hillbilly Gun Nut

• 1758 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 06:27

The Untouchables...now that is an excellent movie; "...that's the Chicago way"
Kung Pow: Enter the Fist:
6.5/10
Hilarious if you shut your brain down before watching, then it's just dumb. Great concept: redubbing an old kung-fu film with oddball dialogue and digitally editing in someone else as the protagonist as well as some visual gags.
Cinderella Man:
10/10
Great Rocky-esque film...the catch is that this is a true story...this film deserved to do better at the box office!

Edited by Gen. Patton, 26 March 2006 - 09:09.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 BillyChaka

• Member Test
  • 4358 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 15:15

Ok, I just saw Kung Pow: Enter the Fist.

2/10

It's like, the dumbest movie i've ever seen. Literally.

Posted Image

Ion Cannon in IRC said:

#41 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days, DTU Donutin Council Co-Chairman

Posted 25 March 2006 - 15:17

Bridget Jone's Diary
9/10

I like how Renee acted in the movie. :P

#42 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 25 March 2006 - 15:20

just watched keeping mum and in my fathers den
keeping mum is pretty hilarious but then again its a bit relevant to me,(guess why)
in my fathers den is depressing and odd, 3/10
keeping mum id give 8/10
Posted Image

Posted Image

#43 BillyChaka

• Member Test
  • 4358 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 16:36

Full Metal Jacket

10/10

Dr. Strangelove

10/10

Stanley Kubrick is an incredible director. His antiwar films are awesome.

Posted Image

Ion Cannon in IRC said:

#44 DerKrieger

Hillbilly Gun Nut

• 1758 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 19:32

BillyChaka, on 25 Mar 2006, 15:15, said:

Ok, I just saw Kung Pow: Enter the Fist.

2/10

It's like, the dumbest movie i've ever seen. Literally.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much without me and my friends cracking jokes and doing voice impersonations while we watched it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 Cattman2236

• Gold Member
  • 970 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:47

Full Metal Jacket is sooooooooo brilliant. Extremelly well made film. Which also reminds, 9/10 Apocalypse now, Such a really cool film.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#46 DerKrieger

Hillbilly Gun Nut

• 1758 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 15:00

The opening scene in FMJ is just f'ing great....I have a wav file of it somewhere on my computer, and there's even a soundboard:
http://www.ebaumswor...om/jacket2.html
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#47 DerKrieger

Hillbilly Gun Nut

• 1758 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 15:34

Legend_General, on 15 Mar 2006, 21:32, said:

Valley of the Wolves Iraq : 20 / 20 , watch it for see the truth beyond the Iraq war , best movie ever in my opinion !
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"truth beyond the Iraq war?" WTF? Only if you are Michael Moore or Oliver Stone. Valley of the Wolves was so base and vile that it makes Nazi propaganda films look tame. This film was filled with so much anti-US and anti-Semitic bullshite; US troops are shown as brutal childkilling lunatic charactures and the main bad guy is a Jewish version of Nazi murderer Dr. Joseph Mengele. So the bad guys turn out to be those evil Jews...sounds familiar, don't it?

http://egyptiansandm...-of-wolves.html
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 BillyChaka

• Member Test
  • 4358 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 22:04

Magnifico 10/10

Filipino foreign film. F*cking saddest movie i've ever seen. F8ck. I'm still crying.

Posted Image

Ion Cannon in IRC said:

#49 DerKrieger

Hillbilly Gun Nut

• 1758 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 20:07

Alien vs. Predator
-10/10

How could they fuck up a combination of two of the greatest sci-fi franchises of all time? The videogames were awesome...my first thought after watching this DVD was what a total waste of time this was. Not since Darth Maul has an idea had so much promise only to be flushed down the toilet and completely wasted. But then what else should we expect from the hack director who also ruined Resident Evil? Originally, the Resident Evil movie was to be directed by George A. Romero, the king of zombie films. Unfortunately some studio exec had the bright idea to get Paul Anderson to direct-if Paul Anderson was a true fan of the games he would have turned the offer down. The fight scenes are over-cut; you don't see much fighting at all, and the Predators actually spend more time fighting the humans than the Aliens. The acting sucks(granted, I wasn't expecting great performances, but), and the attempts to make the audience feel empathy for the characters were laughable. The only Alien vs Predator competition in this movie is to see which one you would rather throw the director into a pit with.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 Cattman2236

• Gold Member
  • 970 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 20:16

Gen. Patton, on 30 Mar 2006, 20:07, said:

Alien vs. Predator
-10/10

How could they fuck up a combination of two of the greatest sci-fi franchises of all time? The videogames were awesome...my first thought after watching this DVD was what a total waste of time this was. Not since Darth Maul has an idea had so much promise only to be flushed down the toilet and completely wasted. But then what else should we expect from the hack director who also ruined Resident Evil? Originally, the Resident Evil movie was to be directed by George A. Romero, the king of zombie films. Unfortunately some studio exec had the bright idea to get Paul Anderson to direct-if Paul Anderson was a true fan of the games he would have turned the offer down. The fight scenes are over-cut; you don't see much fighting at all, and the Predators actually spend more time fighting the humans than the Aliens. The acting sucks(granted, I wasn't expecting great performances, but), and the attempts to make the audience feel empathy for the characters were laughable. The only Alien vs Predator competition in this movie is to see which one you would rather throw the director into a pit with.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey you`ll get no argument from me mate, I hate that bloody film. Like when Bishop goes to kill that Predator with a flare.....WTF?

10/10 Dr.No
Great Bond film even though it`s the first....pure greatness.
Posted Image
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users