28 replies to this topic

#1 Alexei_Stukov

The Knowledge is the Best Expirience

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days

Posted 29 February 2008 - 15:18

Hello,
I need a little help from you guys with some ideas about Superweapons for USA, GLA, CHINA, RUSSIA, and science powers.
As most of you knows i removed sub factions but I putted them to main factions. That's why I need some unic superpowers.
I'm planing to have 3 options of what kind of weapon system you want to play with ( 3 sub generals with diferent units, upgrades and powers)
That's why I need 3 different superweapons ( for example I don't want all China subgenerals to use same NukeMissile)
I'm waiting for fresh minds and ideas :P
THX

#2 vish

• 13 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:31

Hey... I've been raking my brains for the superweapons... and this is what I have come across...

GLA:
A square shaped building housing a 400mm-rocket launcher capable of launching 100 rockets, filled either with phosphorus, fuel-air explosive or bio-chemical warheads... very inaccurate... and the choice of the warhead depends on the player... further once chosen cannot be changed... but one can make another launcher and choose a different warhead...

China:
A massive tripple barrelled cannon... housing either a zero-radiation warhead that would be devastating in a small area or a semi-radiation one that would be less powerful but more polluting in a large area... However all three cannons will fire the same warhead, also the warheads will cost a lot to research... the cannons can be fired without these warheads with the superweapon clock showing... using HE-sharpenel shells... thus keeping the opponents guessing...

Russia
A bit bog standard here... i suggest upgrading the Topol to a mobile comoflouged superweapon... But in the final 2 minutes of the launch... the launcher can't be moved around and is visible on radar... Warhead choices - FOAB, single fission warhead (no-rad, expensive upgrade), 3-MIRVed warhead (no-rad, even more expensive)... Again if one Topol is made... the superweapon clock starts regardless of the warhead...

America
The only weapon that suits America is a high-precision land-skirming hyper-sonic missile which will reach its target in 10 seconds... Can be armed with cluster warheads (effective against large groups), advanced HE warhead (one shot building demolition, but ineffective against units)... also the missile can be upgraded to destroy any units in its path... using precision hot tungsten darts (vs vehicles) or inaccurate fuel-air rockets... the rest of the rules same as GLA... further the missile will not kill every unit in its way but roughly 25-55 percent of them...

Edited by vish, 03 March 2008 - 11:06.

#3 Anubis

Lord of the Underworld

• Project Leader
  • 1259 posts
  • Projects: MGS projects.

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:46

SuperWeapons

USA :

Satellite Kynethic Strike : from the Satellite control Center - launches about 12 tungsteen rods from a satellite that do alot of damage over the selected area ( sort of like the ones in end war ) .

Particle Cannon ( for one of the subfactions ).

Anti-matter Strike - fired by the Anti-matter Control Center - launches a black-green beam from space that accumulates into a large ball of anti-matter exploding after 5-6 sec doing progresive damage for about 10 sec.

Russia :

Artillery Saturation : a powerfull artillery strike ( launched by the artillery command center ), that does massive amounts of damage but has a large scatter radius.

Rain of Fire : a structure that would be called Ballistics Command ( would look like a command facillity with 3 missile silos ) - fires 3 ICBM's for great damage.

Fist of Power - fired from the Seismic Command Center - launches a big missile that before impact splits into multiple small bomblets that enter the ground. after a few seconds they explode in a random order doing great amounts of damage ( seismic charges ).

China :

Napalm Saturation - fired by a structure called Firestorm Facillity - launches 6 napalm missiles that do great dmg. A great building killer.

Nuclear Missile - for one of the subfactions or even vanilla.

Wrath of the Gods - a large artillery structure that fires 8 powerfull high explosive shells.

GLA :

Dark Terror - a structure that fires a missile wich explodes on top of the targets and starts raining acid and chemical over them.

Scud storm for one of the subfactions.

Chemical Missile strike - a large nuclear like missile that does dmg similar to that of a nuke missile but leaves behind toxins that damage bouth structures and units.

#4 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:06

Very good suggestions from you guys. Keep them up they bring me a frsh ideas.
Thanks a lot and I hope I would see many suggestions this days.
Bye

#5 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 22:38

USA:

Orbital Bombardment Station. Launches either kinetic projectiles, or explosive projectiles for more destuction.

Proton Beam superweapon. Might be rather tricky to code. The theory of a proton beam is that the beam of particles can release it's energy after a set amount of distance. IRL it's (to be) used to destroy cancers more effectively as the tissue in front of and behind the tumor can go unharmed. A very big version of this weapon could also be used to unleash a very large amount of energy to a set target at X distance. No clue how to make it practical as a field weapon in this game tho.
Posted Image

#6 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 17 August 2008 - 00:11

I hope this isn't considered an undesirable necro given that the topic is still on the first page, but here's one from me: an ICBM silo.
It's thoroughly traditional, I know, but then the fact that everyone seems to avoid it is sort of a good thing if you ask me because if it's implemented properly it could be somewhat original! Basically, instead of being the boring old particle-cannon-beam-emitter-just-with-missile-inside-instead that we're all used to, this would be built from scratch as a completely new model that would look something like this:
Posted Image
The launch facility is an angular concrete bunker with a tower extending up next to the missile hatch. Approximately 1 minute prior to launch, the missile doors open and the missile is elevated out and docks with the tower for fuelling. It then launches with lots of fire and noise and smoke and stuff.
The facility in the picture is actually a Titan I missile from the 60's, but it's the only genuinely interesting missile silo I could find, and there's nothing to stop you from modernising the missile or the design a little. Perhaps it could even be made so that when the missile is exposed, the silo produces a large explosion if destroyed as opposed to simply collapsing if the missile was still underground. Then again this may not be codeable. It would certainly make that final countdown a bit more interesting...

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 08:19

Thanks man :) This topic is open feel fre to post ideas.

#8 Someone

Casual

• 70 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:54

About ICBM suggestion by CommanderJB:

If you suggest the ICBM silo for the USA side, I must disagree with you. I think that no matter what the outward appearance, the principal of this superweapon will be just a copy of China’s current superweapon.
If however you suggest the ICBM silo as a remodeled Nuclear Missile Silo for the Chinese side, I think it is a good idea. I personally never liked how the Chinese superweapon looked in-game and think a new is needed to give it a more menacing and ‘martial’ appearance.

My own suggestion:

I had a few interesting ideas for possible superweapons, but before I post them I must ask Alexei Stukov one thing: what technologies (eg.: propaganda, nuclear, anthrax, fuel-air explosives) will the 3 original sides and (more importantly) Russian side will have in your mod? It is hard to make suggestions if you do not know your parameters.

For now, I will make only one new superweapon suggestion:

Superweapon building: Orbital Communicator (if you can think of a more fitting name, do not hesitate to post it).
I imagine this building would as having a giant, parabolic-dish radio antenna simmular in appearance to the antennas of the Deep Space Network (see example below)

Posted Image
(Click to enlarge) Above is shown 1 of the 4 radio antennas at the Goldstone Deep Space Communications Complex in Californaia’s Mojave Desert.

Superweapon attack: Blackstar Bombardment.
Once the superweapon is activated, a Blackstar spaceplane (or rather the XOV) would immediately descend from above over the target area and release its munitions before flying off the map. Like the hypersonic Aurora and SCUDs launched by the Scud storm, anti-air defenses would not be able to target the Blackstar spaceplane.

For those of you that have never heard of the Blackstar, it is rumored to be an American top-secret spaceplane black project. According to the rumors, Blackstar system consists of a Valkyrie-like SR-3 ‘mothership’ and an Experimental Orbital Vehicle (abbreviated XOV). The SR-3 supposedly carries the XOV on its ventral surface until a sutable altitiude is reached. When that happens, the XOV is detached and under its own power enters orbit. Re-entry by the XOV is perofrmed in a traditional fasion, simmular to the Space Shutle.

Below are some drawings of the rumored aircraft

Posted Image
(Click to enlarge) Experimental Orbital Vehicle docked to the SR-3 ‘mothership’

Posted Image
XOV alone

And here are some websites that could provide a little more “information”/rumors about Blackstar

http://www.spyflight...k/blackstar.htm
http://en.wikipedia....ar_(spaceplane) (I know that people find wikipedia to be an unreliable source, but in this case I do not think there are any reliable sources)
http://www.theregist...4/24/blackstar/

In conclusion, I think a Blackstar spaceplane superweapon would fit into the game well because 1) it is original (at least in my opinion) and 2) it would fit well with the Aurora and other ‘black projects’ featured in the game.

Any comments?

#9 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:47

View PostSomeone, on 25 Aug 2008, 12:54, said:

About ICBM suggestion by CommanderJB:

If you suggest the ICBM silo for the USA side, I must disagree with you. I think that no matter what the outward appearance, the principal of this superweapon will be just a copy of China’s current superweapon.

Well, you're entirely welcome to your opinion, but I personally believe that the only true 'superweapon' has never actually got a good look-in in Generals (or almost any game for that matter) in any fashion that even approaches the real deployment method. Give it a multi-MIRVed warhead (hopefully c.8-10 for true 'superweapon' ownage), either conventional or nuclear, tweak the FX and missile model a bit, give it custom animations and code and hey presto! A properly realistic superweapon that actually makes sense in a game. But I digress - like I said, I know it is very conventional and you're more than welcome to your opinion.
Also I should note that under no circumstances should the entire missile hit the target - if possible it really needs to be a simple cone. Having the entire thing come down looks completely daft.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:48

Someone fell free to share everything, any ideas no matter what kind of super weapons you suggest it will help me to find my unique ideas.
Thanks to all and keep up the good ideas.

Edited by Alexei_Stukov, 25 August 2008 - 08:48.

#11 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts
  • Projects: beta tester of world at war cnc and situation zero concept art

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:08

Well, russians: bomber command. a squadron of TU-160s each carry a cluster warhead and deploys it over target zone. pros: powerful cons: can be shot down
Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#12 mark a.k.a infantry lover

Visitor

• 22 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 14:07

how about super weapon like a large scale artillery barrage in short better named that a meteor rain..
Destroy chinese Enemies!!

#13 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 19:23

That would look just like Smerch Storm
Posted Image

#14 Rai

Forum Volcanologist at your service!

• Member Test
  • 859 posts
  • Projects: Volcano researcher and geological services.

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:29

View Postmark a.k.a infantry lover, on 4 Sep 2008, 15:07, said:

how about super weapon like a large scale artillery barrage in short better named that a meteor rain..

The mod team of ROTR is already planning to create one for the faction Russia.

Edited by Papaya Master Rai, 05 September 2008 - 09:02.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:11

WTF does this mod have to do with RotR and its Tremor cannon?
Posted Image

#16 Rai

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 12:05

And I thought it's a powerful artillery cannon that will be in ROTR for Russia.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 13:55

First of all the Tremor will not be as its already in RotR (inform yourself before making a statement would ya)
Smerch Storm is a new superweapon with a unique style that will be first introduced in this mod.

Also this mod has nothing in common with RotR except that both of em add Russia and nothing more so please stop comparing it to RotR (realism>fiction applies here)
Posted Image

#18 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:25

So for now I decided to create this super weapon.
A nuclear facility- this building will be something like an warfactory and command launch post. You can build Topol M from it. The topol M launcher will fire the nuclear missile but the command button for the Nuclear strike will l be in the Nuclear facility. So if you loose the building you can't launch the missile, and loose the launcher means same. This weapon system is unique and never seen in other mods.
What are the positives and negatives of having such a weapon:
Positive :
1- Each Topol M launcher have a regular weapon to fire. This is a hypersonic missile with one warhead. extremely hard to be stopped. Fire range all the map. 1 missile cause around 1500 damage in 30 range damage radius and 300 damage to the secondary damage radius of 50range. Countdown time 1 min. Very effective against buildings (tanks too but if they don't move )
2 You can build unlimited Topols (if you have money :D )
3 The nuclear facility health will be 5000 against 4000 for other factions super weapons.
4 Nuclear strike is a bit stronger than china's nuke.
Negatives:
1 The Building cost 4000.
2 Topol M cost 3000 and build time 1 min.
3 Topol M health 750 and it speed is slow.
4 Topol M animation deploy time 200 ( slow deploy)
5 If you loose all topol M you can't use your super weapon also same is if you loose the Nuclear facility.
6 Nuclear strike countdown time is 6min + the slower deploy time for Topol M + 20 seconds prepare to fire the missile.
Of course everything's depend on game balance and tests but it will be something like this.
See you soon

#19 Rai

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:58

This I oughta see.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 Someone

Casual

• 70 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 17:17

Also I should note that under no circumstances should the entire missile hit the target - if possible it really needs to be a simple cone. Having the entire thing come down looks completely daft.

You are assuming that the missile in question is an ICBM. If the missile is a cruise missile, or a rocket, or another type of missile, than it would be logical for the entire missile to hit the target.

First of all the Tremor will not be as its already in RotR (inform yourself before making a statement would ya)
Smerch Storm is a new superweapon with a unique style that will be first introduced in this mod.

The new mod team is removing Tremor? This is very, very unfortunate.

Tremor is probably one of the best superweapons I have ever seen – it fits C&C Generals perfectly: it is powerful and ‘exotic’ enough to be a superweapon, yet it seems plausible at the same time (in fact, according to the mod team it was inspired by Babylon ‘Supergun’ Project started in 1980’s).

Posted Image
(click to enlarge) ‘Baby Babylon’ – a prototype for the ‘Big Babylon’ super-artillery. Baby Babylon’s had a 40-meter long artillery tube – and it was considered small in comparison to the planed Big Babylon.

When ROTR 1.0 was released, the team said all team members (past and present) had contributed somehow to the Tremor superweapon (and by that time the project has undergone at least 3 changes in leadership!).
It is sad that such an original and well thought out superweapon, the product of so many people’s hard work, will be replaced by what will undoubtedly be a copy of the Scud Storm.

If I in Alexei Stukov’s place I would ask ROTR’s permission to use Tremor in End of Days mod, just so that it will not go to waste…

So for now I decided to create this super weapon.
A nuclear facility- this building will be something like an warfactory and command launch post. You can build Topol M from it. The topol M launcher will fire the nuclear missile but the command button for the Nuclear strike will l be in the Nuclear facility. So if you loose the building you can't launch the missile, and loose the launcher means same. This weapon system is unique and never seen in other mods.

Interesting idea. Indeed, I have not seen such a system in any other mod. There are two things that you might want to reconsider though:

1) The Chinese faction already uses nuclear power as the bases for its superweapon. It does not seem very original to give a nuclear superweapon to another faction. Maybe instead of the Nuclear Facility the Russian faction could have a Missile Factory (same building, but a different name) that would build non-nuclear missile systems. Perhaps in addition to building superweapons, the Missile Factory could provide the player with various upgrades for missile-based weapons.

2) Topol M is already featured in many other mods. Perhaps it is best to use another missile system.
In my opinion, Brahmos missile would be a good alternative. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Brahmos, it is a supersonic cruise missile developed jointly by Russia and India. Although initially designed as an anti-ship missile, it could attack land targets as well. A Brohmos II program was proposed for the Russian armed forces. If it is developed Brohmos II will be world’s first hypersonic cruise missile.

Posted Image
(Indian) Brahmos launch vehicle

Additional info:
Brahmos official website – www.brahmos.com/home.html
Wikipedia article – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BrahMos

Also, if you ever decide to give the Russian faction a different superweapon, your idea for a 2 part superweapon does not have to go to waste – the same principal could be applied to GLA (eg.: Anthrax Lab that would build Scud Launcher superweapons (after all, Scud Missiles have a much greater range than protraid in the game)) or China (eg.: Nuclear Facility that would build a Chinese MLVs (Mobile Launcher Vehicles)).

#21 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days, DTU Donutin Council Co-Chairman

Posted 20 September 2008 - 17:33

Don't think the SWR team has completely scraped the Tremor -- It has just evolved in a more badass form in the upcoming incarnation of RoTR.

/offtopic

#22 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 19:05

Another off topic post- my statement was to indicate that Tremor already had its appearance. And also its unfortunate that its going to be scrapped (to a degree)
Posted Image

#23 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 19:42

Topol M is very original for me. I haven't seen such a weapon system i created in any other mod. Also This mod is a little bit close to reality and it is not good idea to use the weapon you suggested because there are no ships :P I knew about this weapon. I founded it 3 month ago in web but I was disappointed that it is based for anti ship.
You will see that russian nuke is different form china's.
Bye

#24 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 00:34

I must say, that superweapon system does look extremely good. It's very unique in its operation and just because one faction gets nuclear missiles doesn't mean that everyone else should be automatically banned from having them. Having the system consist of two parts is highly clever and should result in some very interesting count-downs indeed...

View PostSomeone, on 21 Sep 2008, 3:17, said:

You are assuming that the missile in question is an ICBM. If the missile is a cruise missile, or a rocket, or another type of missile, than it would be logical for the entire missile to hit the target.
Well, no offence, but I had thought it was pretty bloody obvious I was talking about an ICBM. I think I know enough about military technology to be aware of which types of rockets have multi-stage independent warhead designs, but the simple fact is that virtually no ballistic missile hits its target as a single piece; instead, the warhead is ejected at extreme altitude, uses rockets to position itself, and simply falls down again, with the rest of the missile burning up or crashing down in little bits a long way away. There are a very few exceptions to this rule such as FROG-7 Luna-M systems, some versions of the SS-1 Scud etc.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 Someone

Casual

• 70 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 00:13

it is not good idea to use the weapon you suggested because there are no ships :P I knew about this weapon. I founded it 3 month ago in web but I was disappointed that it is based for anti ship.

That is not entirely true. Although it was original designed as an anti-ship missile, Brahmos can attack land-based targets.

just because one faction gets nuclear missiles doesn't mean that everyone else should be automatically banned from having them.

I think if one faction has nuclear-based Superweapon, than the other factions should not have a nuclear-based Superweapon (though they could have some minor nuclear-based general Powers). That is my opinion.

Well, no offence, but I had thought it was pretty bloody obvious I was talking about an ICBM. I think I know enough about military technology to be aware of which types of rockets have multi-stage independent warhead designs, but the simple fact is that virtually no ballistic missile hits its target as a single piece; instead, the warhead is ejected at extreme altitude, uses rockets to position itself, and simply falls down again, with the rest of the missile burning up or crashing down in little bits a long way away. There are a very few exceptions to this rule such as FROG-7 Luna-M systems, some versions of the SS-1 Scud etc.

You misunderstood me. I was referring to the statement you maid concerning nuclear weapons in C&C Generals and other games. You said:

[Nuclear missile] has never actually got a good look-in in Generals (or almost any game for that matter) in any fashion that even approaches the real deployment method … under no circumstances should the entire missile hit the target - if possible it really needs to be a simple cone. Having the entire thing come down looks completely daft.

I merely wanted to point out that you are assuming that the nuclear missiles in games like Generals are (intercontinental) ballistic missiles. If the nuclear missiles in games like Generals are in fact cruise missiles, rockets, or other type of missile than it is logical that the whole missile comes down on the target.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users