Mappack IV

11 replies to this topic

#1 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 14:03

Mappack IV

Hello there, all you dedicated Zero Hour fans, gather around and listen up. This is the fourth Mappack that the Mapper Guild has released. I know its been a while since you heard from us. Believe me, we had our reasons. One of them is that I, Crazykenny, the leader of the guild, have been absent for a considerable amount of time. But that's all over now, I’m back and making maps again.

Now that's explained, shall we discuss the pack itself? Okay then, this Mappack contains 5 high quality maps, all have been tested by the Guild’s finest testers and all check out fine in our regulations and testing laws.

This mappack contains:
1x 2-Player map(s) [Under Siege]
1x 3-Player map(s) [Heavy Metal]
2x 4-Player map(s) [Night Shift, Maze of War]
1x 5-Player map(s) [The Hub]

Note: 5-Player maps are a rare sight, this is probably the most detailed one released to this date. All credit for this map goes to Teukka, one of our finest mappers.

Mappack IV – Description

Under Siege:
by Crazykenny

Under Siege is a highly detailed, semi-urban map. It has a nice apocalyptic feeling, it also features a nice amount of wartorn landscape at the bottom of the city, in the south-west. There are a few tech buildings to fight over, but the ones in the map are placed strategically and and should create interesting fights if the two armies should meet. The terrain is very discouraging towards turtlers. It has wide open entrances into the 2 bases and also has 1 or 2 secret passages which can be exploited to surprise your enemy.

Heavy Metal:
by nipthecat

Designed to be a fun map in the first place, it has turned out to be one of the most detailed maps in this mappack. Although slightly in the favor of turtling, this map still houses great and unique gameplay elements. This map is strongly recommended for comp-stomping or just to have fun on. This map is not perfectly suited for competitive online-play.

Attention: The map is designed to pit the player versus the AI. The map is designed so that the player is on the right side and the AI’s on the left side. Any other setup for the players is strongly discouraged.

Night Shift:
by Lord Atlantis

You should leave work early and forget all about the Night Shift if you want to live and not be crushed by cold tank treads. Yes, this is another great map by the Guild’s second-in-command. A cold winter theme and great detail should keep you playing this map for hours and hours on. It's also highly suited for huge tank battles.

Maze of War:
by Teukka

An interesting tournament map. It features a highly detailed maze and a variety of ground textures. The object count has been deliberatly kept low to make sure this map runs fast on even low end machines. Therefore this map is highly suitable for online gameplay. It doesnt give an advantage to any faction and is highly balanced. Can be played against or with the AI without any pathfinding issues.

The Hub:
by Teukka

The most stunning map in this mappack. It has it all, a beautiful city, wide open landscapes and even ''custom'' buildings and other objects. There is little to say about this map other then to say it's pure eyecandy in every thinkable way. It has an Eastern-Europe theme, with nice grasslands dotting the landscape in between valleys and cities. It's highly suitable for both online and offline games.

Have fun :P

Download link:

[attachment=5520:Mappack_IV.zip]

Posted Image

Edited by Crazykenny, 31 March 2008 - 14:15.

Posted Image

#2 Reaper94

rawr!!

• 1178 posts
  • Projects: Being more loved and less loathed by community

Posted 31 March 2008 - 14:24

downlaoded

will try em out later

RaiDK, on 3 Jun 2009, 10:09, said:

MY BEAK IS ONE WHICH WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS.

Posted Image

#3 Ðåñž Q

is inactive on FS

• 1514 posts
  • Projects: maps

Posted 31 March 2008 - 14:59

Nice ;]

I took a look into them and I must say Teukka's maps are really awesome: The Maze of War (4,5/5) is something really original, The Hub (5/5) looks completely wicked (lol & lag 2999 Objects) with its asymetric and still highly balanced layout; I see some very nice custom structures. Night Shift (3,5/5) is a bit dark, but it's layout looks quite ok. Under Siege (4/5) has very nice detail, but the overall appeareance of that map is a bit boring, I don't know why. Heavy Metal (4/5) is good, because I always needed a 2v1 map.
Danz aka knjaepsik aka Danz Cruck aka /).4/\/z aka Dz aka Player 1 aka Danzey Kong aka Danzerowka aka Zombie Danz aka Danz4ttack aka Danzkrecona aka GeneralButt aka jEnaM aka Danz Power aka Super Danz aka Easy Danz aka Danz Time aka Double Danz aka Kraszaq aka Danzew aka =) aka Danz Q aka DzQ aka DJ Danz aka AAAAAASSSDFGJKFL aka Team Apfel aka Master King Danz aka Danzlorki aka P1 aka Party Danz aka Danzekoins

#4 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 16:51

Mappack has been officially aired on Filefront.
Posted Image

#5 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 31 March 2008 - 20:02

I had it already (;D) but I can still say- lots of good maps... lots of fun. These'll last a while...
~Swimmer
kinda, sorta alive.

#6 Umbrella Secrets

Experimenting

• 658 posts
  • Projects: I'm with the Mapper Guild Projects

Posted 31 March 2008 - 20:05

I really like "The Hub" map, it looks very real, and I like the others too.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 06 April 2008 - 03:03

great pack!
i tip my hat to the mappers :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Lord Atlantis

I am Iron Man

• 3807 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 03:41

I'm glad that you enjoyed the mappack. We do put our best into the maps. :)
Posted Image

#9 dreimanis

• 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 15:30

Thanks for the pack.

I'm sorry, how do i download? :(

Edited by dreimanis, 01 September 2008 - 15:35.

#10 Nid

Human Being number 80446219302

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 15:42

The attatchment link is broken.
Try Here
Posted Image

#11 dreimanis

• 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 15:47

Thank you very much for your time. The link worked.

#12 Nid

Human Being number 80446219302

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 16:45

It's what we're here for.
Also, though this is pinned, I think I'll lock this now I've helped you out, It served it's purpose, and you kinda necro'd it :D

Edited by Niddy, 01 September 2008 - 16:45.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users