Script questions

4 replies to this topic

#1 The Shell

Amateur

• 117 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 22:45

Do [S A nd] scripts run, check it's conditions and perform actions when the map loads or does the subroutine flag lock it until it's referenced?

What about [S A D] scripts? Does the fact that it deactivates after it has run mean it won't run when triggered by another script?

As for [S nA D]. Does it not run when triggered by another script because it's set to inactive?

Thanks

Edited by hl_world, 27 April 2008 - 22:48.

#2 nip

Grunze-Catz

• 608 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 23:08

Forget the logograms, they are unimportant. 2 type of scripts are available - scripts and subroutine scripts. Subroutines are triggered by another script using the action 'Run subroutine script' or by teams when the subroutine is embedded in teams properties and certain conditions are met. When a script is disabled it must be enabled first to run by using the action 'Enable script'.

#3 The Shell

Amateur

• 117 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 18:07

You didn't answer any questions. All you did was tell me what I already know and didn't ask. If by logograms you mean [S A D], they are VERY important. The flags make the difference between the script being subroutine or normal.

So if you you know the answer to any of the 3 questions PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

#4 Liliana

natural power

• 645 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 18:22

View Posthl_world, on 28 Apr 2008, 0:45, said:

Do [S A nd] scripts run, check it's conditions and perform actions when the map loads or does the subroutine flag lock it until it's referenced?

The latter. Subroutine = does not start until it's loaded via "load subroutine" (see post above)

What about [S A D] scripts? Does the fact that it deactivates after it has run mean it won't run when triggered by another script?

The D just means it will stop running when the script has been executed. It can easily be re-run when called by another script.

As for [S nA D]. Does it not run when triggered by another script because it's set to inactive?

First the script needs to be enabled, otherwise it won't run even if called.

Anyway,the China's army is a modernize army,this army can bear down all country's army.
I hope SWR team can modification the China in the RISE OF THE RED and SHOCKWAVE mods.China is a modernize country.Maybe in thirty years later,the China will be a big and powerful country,overrun the US

[22:23:32] <J8a> why would i read a eula anyway?
[22:23:41] <J8a> they're not written in english
[22:23:59] <J8a> THEY ARE WRITTEN IN, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CAPITAL LETTERS.

#5 The Shell

Amateur

• 117 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 18:58

Thanks, Prince Kassad. I'm glad to have them answered.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users