my mini mod

3 replies to this topic

#1 dan2172

• 13 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 21:13

ok so a few small Q's

i would like to make a small mod where the player must defend there base from enemys that spawn on the edge of the map

so first can i code these units so that they spawn and go towards to attack a random enemy not just the closest one
and i know that you make spawn points using waypoints and stuff in world builder but id like them to spawn randomly around the edges of the map not at a set point and id like there not to be many enemys at the start but more and more come later so any ideas?
Posted Image
[+_+] Project Leader [+_+]

#2 markintellect

Professional

• 397 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 22:00

First of all, this type of map is called an Art of Defence map, or AoD for short, and does not require any mod, only a scripted map. You will be able to get help from Mapper's Guild members, and you can download and use Worldbuilder to study how they do AoDs. Although you didn't know, this should be in the Mapper's Guild subforum, not this one. All the things are possible that you described, but I don't think you can make them appear randomly, only in a set pattern from multiple spawnpoints.
Posted Image

48 65 6c 6c 6f 2c 20 77 6f 72 6c 64 21

#3 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 23:34

what he said ^

*moves*
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#4 Strategia

Mwuahahahahahahah

• 3154 posts
  • Projects: Minecraft, TCMM, sleep

Posted 01 July 2008 - 00:14

View Postmarkintellect, on 1 Jul 2008, 0:00, said:

and you can download and use Worldbuilder

You don't need to download the Gen/ZH WB separately, it gets installed with the game. Only the CnC3 WB needs to be downloaded. (IIRC)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users