Cold War Crisis

97 replies to this topic

#1 Beta9

Semi-Pro

• 265 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 01:48

Well I'm sure all you guys have heard of Cold War Crisis. In their latest news post, the mod team has announced that their mod is in the final internal beta testing to wring out all the last bugs, and for that matter, one forums admin said that the internal beta testing is almost done :P.
Here's the link to their forums news post: http://www.cold-war-crisis.de/wbboard/thre...&boardid=11

I'll be really looking forward to this mod. The graphics and the professional quality just blew me away when I first came across it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 06 July 2008 - 02:59

Cant wait till they release it, this month seems to be the real deal this time :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 06 July 2008 - 03:28

Oh sweet, I'm downloading it once it's out. They put a lot of work into this, it'd be a shame not to give it a try.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#4 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 06 July 2008 - 04:46

If I had a cent for every time they said 'we're so close but there's a bit left to do, don't worry it will be out... soon,' I'd be rich. Well, maybe not rich, but better off than I am at the moment. No offence, but no matter how cool this mod looks (and it does, I have to agree, look very cool indeed - I'll get it when it's out, just probably not the second it's out) this is not the way to hold people's interest. At least release an alpha or something to keep your fans hanging on, but given that it's been, what, two or three years now with nothing but a few screenshots I gave up waiting a while ago.

Edited by CommanderJB, 06 July 2008 - 08:20.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 04:58

^indeed its been a pain, meant to be released last year >.<

Theyre dreaming if they want to release a 100% bug free mod.... sage just wont be having any of that

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Beta9

Semi-Pro

• 265 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:08

View PostPav3d, on 5 Jul 2008, 21:58, said:

^indeed its been a pain, meant to be released last year >.<

Theyre dreaming if they want to release a 100% bug free mod.... sage just wont be having any of that

Ditto. Even SW can't get rid of the most annoying bugs.

But nonetheless, you guys have got to give them credit for the great amount of work they have done. The renders and the screenshots so far look fabulous.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 07:07

View PostCommanderJB, on 6 Jul 2008, 12:46, said:

If I had a cent for every time they said 'we're so close but there's a bit left to do, don't worry it will be out... soon,' I'd be rich. Well, maybe not rich, but better off than I am a the moment. No offence, but no matter how cool this mod looks (and it does, I have to agree, look very cool indeed) this is not the way to hold people's interest. At least release a bloody alpha or something to keep you fans hanging on, but given that it's been, what, two or three years now with nothing but a few screenshots I gave up waiting a while ago.

Um, They ACTUALLY Released a demo of Cold war crisis last year y'know. 

Take a look: http://www.cold-war-crisis.de/wbboard/port...=hp&hpid=24

Edited by Chris, 06 July 2008 - 07:15.

#8 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 06 July 2008 - 08:17

Really? Last year? I could have sworn it was a lot longer ago than that...
*Checks*
Umm, yes, the demo was first released Christmas 2005; they updated it to a 1.1 version in 2006, but there have been no new playable versions since then. They simply had to re-upload the file to the download server, which is why it says it was only put there in the middle of last year.
For proof, check the date of the opening post of this thread:
http://www.derelictstudios.net/forums/inde...=12708&st=0
It's actually more recent than I thought, but it was still a while ago.

Edited by CommanderJB, 06 July 2008 - 08:23.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 08:24

About the year: Oops, My bad :P (still mistakes 2008 as 2007 @__@ )

#10 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 08:26

I've been a mapper for Cold war Crisis, and man... that mod probably has the slowest progress ever! I'm still a bit sceptic on whether or not the mod will come out soon.

But then again, the quality of the mod is a whole 'nother story. So, yeah.. cant wait :P
Posted Image

#11 mig31

Casual

• 98 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:54

The mod will be in that month, i can't wait anymore xD

#12 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:50

Hasn't CWC been "close to release" for like a year now?

There was a time when I was interested in this total conversion, but I wouldn't hold my breath now.

#13 Sharpnessism

Custom title!

• Member Test
  • 2871 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 16:13

View PostStinger, on 6 Jul 2008, 7:50, said:

Hasn't CWC been "close to release" for like a year now?

There was a time when I was interested in this total conversion, but I wouldn't hold my breath now.

Same :P This mod has taken A LONG time.
Posted Image

#14 Thunderstruck

Veteran

• 424 posts
  • Projects: Photoshop fan.

Posted 06 July 2008 - 17:00

Oh well. When it does manage to release, I am sure everyone will have something good to say about it. Now if I could just change my mod name so Cold War Crisis didn't hate the name... lol. I fucking hope it is soon, before I completely lose ALL interest in Zero Hour, and gaming in general for that matter...
Posted Image

My personal sig. More to come. :D

#15 Beta9

Semi-Pro

• 265 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:29

An update from the CWC Mod Team again!
"Hello everyone!

Our friends at CNC-Inside wrote a preview on the soon to be released version of Cold War Crisis. Check out the English version here, or click here if you prefer German.

Note from the beta tester forum: We're currently working on manual, intro cinematic and some final particle effects. Everything proceeds very nicely and we're almost there. Hang on!

Greetings,

the CWC-Team"

http://www.cold-war-crisis.de/wbboard/thre...&boardid=11
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 22:46

just release the damn mod already :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Kyouko

Formally Iron_Golem

• Member Test
  • 721 posts
  • Projects: To kill any and all conversations

Posted 07 July 2008 - 03:04

View PostPav3d, on 7 Jul 2008, 8:46, said:

just release the damn mod already :P

Agreed^^

It looks like and awesome mod.

#18 PurpleScrin

Amateur

• 107 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 18:06

I wonder if this mod could be as epic as Mideast Crisis 2.

#19 tank50us

Professional

• 345 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 18:36

@ everyone complaining about the time they've been taking... be glad that they're wanting to release it the way they are. Had they been a part of DS, they would have more then likely had been rushed, everything would look pathetic, and people would have given up on it before it was a year old. We all know that it takes a long time to make a game, over 2yrs even with an engine and a good sized team. Mods are no different (and should theoretically take longer due to the fact that the people working on them have to work for a living).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dauth edit: Sig removed for height violation.

#20 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 16:06

^they couldave at least released a beta during, no-ones asking them to rush their final release, just something to keep us occupied, instead of a 2 year old single mission

Posted Image

Posted Image

#21 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:50

theyve just released the manual for the game, they claim its gunna be just a few days (seems like the real deal this time...)

clicky

Posted Image

Posted Image

#22 JJ

Half dead member

• Project Leader
  • 3294 posts
  • Projects: Real life things, personal RA3 mod

Posted 24 July 2008 - 07:46

This smiley describes my emtions: :rolleyes:

#23 Kyouko

Formally Iron_Golem

• Member Test
  • 721 posts
  • Projects: To kill any and all conversations

Posted 24 July 2008 - 08:58

My late birthday present :rolleyes: *LOLs at the frohunter picture.

#24 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:26

Im curious how it turned out since the last Dev I played when I was a mapper there.
Posted Image

#25 Kamikazi

Your worst nightmare

• Project Team
  • 1252 posts
  • Projects: EC Co-Leader and NLS Beta Tester

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:31

I want a release of it! Now! :rolleyes:

Its a very very nice mod, excellent work by the team of it =o
Posted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users