What do you want, more Infantry or more Vehicles?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 06 July 2008 - 18:04

I wonder what you guys think, should the gameplay be based mostly:

-Arround Infantry (So much infantry, few vehicles),

-or more Vehicle based (Equal ammout of Vehicles as of Infantry)

#2 JJ

Half dead member

• Project Leader
  • 3294 posts
  • Projects: Real life things, personal RA3 mod

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:22

Hmm, no one posted. Well, I personally like almost equal amounts of infantry and vehicles, with infantry being slightly more. They should also play an important role.

#3 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:25

I initially planned to do it similar to Ground Control 2: Mostly infantry, and a few vehicles to f*ck the sh*t up of anything the infantry can't kill.

#4 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 20:19

Yeah, infantry should definatly play a larger role in C&C, I mostly use them as cannonfodder :P
Posted Image

#5 Strategia

Mwuahahahahahahah

• 3154 posts
  • Projects: Minecraft, TCMM, sleep

Posted 16 July 2008 - 23:19

Infantry, definitely. While I was pleased to see a greater variety of inf in CnC3 than in Generals, I still think inf is too limited - they're either cheap spammable cannonfodder or powerful special forces, the Zonie tentatively falling into the latter category. For anti-tank roles, tanks are better over ATGMs, and the only inf of the first type you should really consider sending against buildings are Fanatics, though Grenadiers are decent. And there is, speaking in absolutes, still a dearth of infantry types; both sides (haven't had much to do with the Scrin yet) only has one anti-inf rifleman, one multirole missile trooper, one high-explosive anti-building trooper. The Black Hand in Renegade were armed with laser rifles, rocket launchers, gattling guns IIRC; in CnC3 they only have flamethrowers.

I'm adding an arseload of inf to my mod, and I like it so very much when other mods also give some love to these much-maligned soft little fleshbags that go squish so nicely ^_^

#6 Kichō

文昭皇后

• Tester
  • 2140 posts
  • Projects: NLS + Situation Zero

Posted 16 July 2008 - 23:32

I choose Infantry, they should be able to play a more important role. Seeing as I'm an infantry player myself :P
Posted Image

#7 Kamikazi

Your worst nightmare

• Project Team
  • 1252 posts
  • Projects: EC Co-Leader and NLS Beta Tester

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:04

More infantry cause in ZH I never use it (only as China) and at CNC3 also :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users