Black Lagoon

40 replies to this topic

#1 TWPC920

Semi-Pro

• 220 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 22:03

Does anyone watch the anime called Black Lagoon? Its mainly about a salaryman that was abducted by some mercenaries, but ends up working for the mercenaries, although instead of using weapons and guns, he uses speech to negotiate with enemies. Excellent for those with a gun fetish, and to be honest, i think the main girl is pretty easy on the eyes also.
"Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker... and a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself; he doesn't like that. Not... one... bit. So, me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it. He turns to me, and says, "Why so SERIOUS?" So, he comes at me with the knife, "Why so SERIOUS?!" He sticks the blade in my mouth, "Let's put a smile on that face! And... why so serious? -The Joker (The Dark Knight)

#2 Overdose

Nice Guy Syndrome

• Gold Member
  • 4146 posts
  • Projects: SWR Projects

Posted 28 August 2008 - 22:26

I've been wanting to. Is series complete?
Posted Image

#3 TWPC920

Semi-Pro

• 220 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 22:27

no idea, i've only gotten up to episode 10 xD

Edit: actually, i found a set deal on isohunt, the url is http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/2562238...on?tab=comments

Edited by TWPC920, 28 August 2008 - 22:32.

"Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker... and a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself; he doesn't like that. Not... one... bit. So, me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it. He turns to me, and says, "Why so SERIOUS?" So, he comes at me with the knife, "Why so SERIOUS?!" He sticks the blade in my mouth, "Let's put a smile on that face! And... why so serious? -The Joker (The Dark Knight)

#4 Wanderer

Lurking around since 2005

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:22

Great show, around 50ep long. so it's complete.

#5 Overdose

Nice Guy Syndrome

• Gold Member
  • 4146 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:06

Huh? I thought there were only 25 episodes out?

Btw another season has been confirmed it's in the making.
Posted Image

#6 Comr4de

DO IT MAGGOT

• Gold Member
  • 5630 posts
  • Projects: SWR Productions

Posted 02 October 2008 - 13:11

Indeed, can't wait for it :P

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome
Posted Image

#7 E.V.E.

Femme Fatale Of The Army

• Gold Member
  • 6564 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 13:57

Watched it around the Time when the English Version came out.
Dutch is the Man, but the one that kicks most Azzes is Mr. Chang. :P

- E.V.E.

Posted Image

#8 TWPC920

Semi-Pro

• 220 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 14:09

roberta scares the crap outta me >.>, i like mr. chang tho, dual pistol skillz

#9 Wanderer

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 19:51

Ok, me and my bad memory. 24 episodes... Can't remember them all :P Too many series seen...

#10 Lizzie

• 1364 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 23:24

I like Balalaika. :3
- E.A.B
My escape route goes through the enemy.
Posted Image

#11 Wanderer

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 20:40

She truly is part of the russian mafia :P Wouldn't like to meet her face to face

#12 Overdose

Nice Guy Syndrome

• Gold Member
  • 4146 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 20:43

My favorite is Roberta. X3
Posted Image

#13 TWPC920

Semi-Pro

• 220 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 04:52

something got me wondering though, does anyone know what the anti-tank rifle Revy was using against the russian Mi-24? it looked like it was ripped right off of an Gepard anti-aircraft tank

#14 Wanderer

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 12:43

check out this site http://world.guns.ru/main-e.htm it has alot of guns and has it's own category for high caliber rifles, You just might get lucky. Check under sniper rifle first ones are the large caliber ones

Edited by Wanderer, 04 October 2008 - 12:47.

#15 Comr4de

DO IT MAGGOT

• Gold Member
  • 5630 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 21:26

View PostE.V.E., on 2 Oct 2008, 8:57, said:

Watched it around the Time when the English Version came out.
Dutch is the Man, but the one that kicks most Azzes is Mr. Chang. :D

- E.V.E.

I bet black 8|

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome
Posted Image

#16 TWPC920

Semi-Pro

• 220 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 18:30

This is the closest Anti-Materiel Sniper Rifle i could find to the one that Revy uses

http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn60-e.htm

compare with this image

Attached File(s)

#17 Overdose

Nice Guy Syndrome

• Gold Member
  • 4146 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 18:42

I don't think that rifle was supposed to be a real life weapon but you likely found what it was designed after.

Edited by Overdose, 05 October 2008 - 19:45.

Posted Image

#18 Wanderer

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 21:40

It's like a mix between that one and dragunov

#19 ultimentra

Professional

• 358 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 02:27

I thought that rifle looked distinctly like the AS-50 sniper. Does anyone know what the assault rifles that the Hotel Moscow guys used? I know it was true AK-47s because they looked different. And Balalaika mentioned they used 5.45mm rounds, but they didn't look like AKMs.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 TWPC920

Semi-Pro

• 220 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 03:35

Hotel Moscow used AK-74 rifles and AKS-74U carbines

and the AS 50 has a second bar for barrel support, the rifle Revy uses does not, i'm agree with Overdose and Wanderer, its probably a hybrid of the OSV-96 and the Dragunov SVD

#21 Overdose

Nice Guy Syndrome

• Gold Member
  • 4146 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 22:14

Black Lagoon = one of the greatest animes ever
Posted Image

#22 E.V.E.

Femme Fatale Of The Army

• Gold Member
  • 6564 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 22:15

You got that right.

- Mr. Chang

Posted Image

#23 Comr4de

DO IT MAGGOT

• Gold Member
  • 5630 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:46

I HEAR THAT

HOH -SHIT:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 MR.Kim

Insane Solider

• Member Test
  • 2740 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 22:36

After I read this topic, I'm kind fo interesting and bought all 3 volums. |8

After I watched them all, it was truly awesome. Specially, I like Dutch. He is awesome.

#25 ultimentra

Professional

• 358 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 23:52

I wonder what kind of uniforms hotel moscow wears, anyone got any good screen shots of the grunts in action?
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users