Russian Hero

29 replies to this topic

#26 Alexei_Stukov

The Knowledge is the Best Expirience

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:24

I don't care about the name. It can be named only soldier. This is not important. The most important is to be interesting to be played this mod :)

#27 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:39

Well, I'll definitely be doing that, don't worry. And thankyou for taking my very minor concern onboard.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:58

No, look I didn't want to offend you if I am, sorry. I'm far away from that point. I wish when some one makes suggestion to give me alternative for that suggestion. Because it is look like : Hey it is no more .....(something) .
I don't know many things so if someone thinks that his information is newer and better tell me but with some example or just with idea for it. Yes in many countries the soldiers are already contract. But that name isn't very good to call my infantry contract. Conscript sounds better for me of course.
If you have alternative for the name please say it.

#29 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:16

Soon there will be a huge update so look around :)

#30 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:30

View PostAlexei_Stukov, on 15 Sep 2008, 15:58, said:

No, look I didn't want to offend you if I am, sorry. I'm far away from that point. I wish when some one makes suggestion to give me alternative for that suggestion. Because it is look like : Hey it is no more .....(something) .

Oh, absolutely not, nothing could be further from the truth, I was thanking you for listening to my minor concern! Seriously, you haven't offended me in the slightest, rather, I was saying this is a fantastic mod which I can't wait to play. I'm really sorry for giving you that impression.

View PostAlexei_Stukov, on 15 Sep 2008, 15:58, said:

I don't know many things so if someone thinks that his information is newer and better tell me but with some example or just with idea for it. Yes in many countries the soldiers are already contract. But that name isn't very good to call my infantry contract. Conscript sounds better for me of course.
If you have alternative for the name please say it.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with 'conscript', after all Russia still does of course use conscription, I was simply thinking that the image it conjures up is a fairly standard, fairly unrealistic depiction of faceless hordes who can barely write, let alone read a map, and are generally just there as cannon fodder. Admittedly thinking up a replacement name is rather more problematic because as you say just 'soldier' sounds rather bland. How about 'Rifle Infantry'/'RPG Infantry'/'SAM Infantry' as fairly generic but accurate descriptions of units' roles?

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users