Super Units Ideas

86 replies to this topic

#76 xX-GENOCYDE-Xx

Visitor

• 27 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:27

View PostNikola Tesla, on 26 Aug 2009, 0:46, said:

My bad, by reading that, associated to Sonic the Hedgehog, I thought you were were talking about Mighty the Armadillo (one of the hundred of secondary characters :P)

No Problem, ive never really been a fan of anything sonic *no rage mail or spazzing please*
Posted Image Its all in the Body Count

#77 source code

Casual

• 50 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 13:31

for the afg (i'm trying to make osmething origional)
make a lancer like bomber wich shoots 5-7 cruise missiles each releasing a mini raptor(bout double the size of a hellfire) wich 3 ammo each they are extremely vunderable to richt about everything but the lancer itself has a rang thats about the same of a tomohawk

#78 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 13:32

Enlarge the raptors and make them shoot hellfire drones in a cluster missile effect 8|
Posted Image

#79 source code

Casual

• 50 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 13:52

View PostShock, on 31 Aug 2009, 14:32, said:

Enlarge the raptors and make them shoot hellfire drones in a cluster missile effect |8

i think thats a lil op

maybe as a fire mode swith one for normal bombarments and one for mini raptors

#80 source code

Casual

• 50 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 21:13

the inf gen
crawler lord
just like the regular crawler but twice as big fits for a base defense structure(exept bunker) has fire ports as has 16 places has a specials ability to create 10 minigunners

poison general a a catapult with a garden hoze can lauch white phosoporous boms against tanks and buildings or smell bombs against infantry the garden hoze can spray acid and antrax but isnt as powerfull just a last resort when and enemy gets to close

oh dam douoble post my bad

Edited by source code, 02 September 2009 - 11:38.

#81 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:58

You've probably heard this alot, but I'm gonna take my chances anyway.

USA super unit: Chuck Norris, roundhouse-kicks tanks into oblivion and kills infantry with dual-AK 47. And when he dies, a nuclear explosion happens.

He should be nerfed heavily ofcourse, since the real Chuck Norris would be totally imba compared to weak things like Gatling Nuke Cannon.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#82 source code

Casual

• 50 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:21

View PostSquigPie, on 4 Sep 2009, 8:58, said:

You've probably heard this alot, but I'm gonna take my chances anyway.

USA super unit: Chuck Norris, roundhouse-kicks tanks into oblivion and kills infantry with dual-AK 47. And when he dies, a nuclear explosion happens.

He should be nerfed heavily ofcourse, since the real Chuck Norris would be totally imba compared to weak things like Gatling Nuke Cannon.

no real units are alowed AND no chuck norris chekc the no go ideas before posting

#83 Bang

Visitor

• 49 posts
  • Projects: none

Posted 26 September 2009 - 00:14

Laser: Giant Laser Blimp
It would be a huge blimp which has a huge laser hanging under it, and a tiny cockpit. Maybe a particle beam.

Internet General: Search Engine
Quite litrelly. It can find every unit on the map and then once it finds a target a train fires from inside it then fires at the target you find most deadly.

Toxin: Toxin Balloon launcher
A tank which fires giant water balloons filled with toxins.

Hope you like my ideas :)
Posted Image

#84 black panther

• 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 17:33

1.Hey! how about a USM Valor(from Dead Space) or somewhat like Star Wars like space ship with lots of LASER cannons for the USAF gen. And how about making USAF gen somewhat like China uberlord commander with a overpowered spaceship!!!
AND as far as the copyright issues go, I said Valor or star wars LIKE not exactly the same things, just space shippy!!

2.I know u said no infantry as a super unit, but wat about using an oversized man that crushes vehicles n tanks under its feet with pancake logic!!

3.wat abt a gen power that spawns a giant wheel from the sky n it rolls n does quite some damage!!

4.Apart from the 3 GLA technicals(the vehicles not the cheap dudes) make a new skin with pinkish colour n girly vinyls(GLA recruiting female marines)!!! that wud luk 2 craZY!

5. A DJ van that starts playing heavy metal\hard rock that petrifies(disables) nearby enemy as well as ally vehicles n infantry!!

Sry guyz only my 1st idea was a super unit idea...

Edited by black panther, 02 October 2009 - 18:26.

#85 HHKelevra

Casual

• 51 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 19:30

1. I could have sworn there was a pretty drawn out Death Star/Flying super unit discussion already. It'd work better as a superweapon than a unit in my opinion.

2. Some sort of giant would be pretty cool. I'd think a soldier wearing some sort of battlesuit (China) might look good.

3. I'm not sure about the wheel thing. I suppose it would work similar to the USA Ion beam, but other than that, I wouldn't be too sure.

4. I'm pretty indifferent to this. Although I think it'd be funny if the Medical Humvee were pink due to the female driver (I don't know if that'd be considered sexist in some way) but I'd laugh.

5. I kinda like this one. The problem is finding a good public domain metal/hard rock song.
Posted Image

#86 darklighter10

• 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 16:08

Superweapon General: Perhaps an airborne particle cannon. Something Helix-sized, with a particle cannon facing downward and is constantly firing, i.e. you sacrifice an airfield when you build it. Also makes it more of a challenge to coordinate it with ground support units. Give it a slow movespeed and high armour, and perhaps a bunker as well. Actually, come to think of it, I pretty much just described a bunker Helix with a particle cannon replacing its napalm bombs.

Infantry General: I had an odd mental image of a bunch of minigunners pushing a giant metal ball that crushed anything, units and structures alike, but can't affect aerial units. Can come with the function to give the ball one final push that sends it rolling forward until it goes off the edge of the map, or is destroyed by conventional means or hitting a cliff or body of water. Minigunners die from that final exertion.

Toxin General: An oversized Toxin Tractor that can 'clear out' enemy structures, not destroying them, but turning them neutral, allowing anyone to capture it. Kills base defenses outright. Would be vastly overpowered only if it managed to make it to an enemy base, and is otherwise not even a match for a standard overlord. Perhaps salvage gives it more damage against normal units? Cannot enter GLA Tunnels.

Vanilla GLA: Do you recall those civilian towers that toppled when destroyed, crushing anything that it fell upon? Perhaps a tracked vehicle equipped with a tower, and attacks by dropping it on enemies, while workers frantically reconstruct the the fallen tower. Only as an animation, not a gameplay mechanic, though reload time is long. The tower could be made taller to increase range, and salvages could change the tower design for more damage. Optional garrison, so the vehicle won't be forced to drop the tower just to kill a Humvee or something. Of course, the garrisoned infantry die when the tower collapses. (Easy fix - ungarrison first, then drop the tower, although I don't know if you'll be able to code it to become only garrisonable when it reloads i.e. when the tower is rebuilt)

Can't really think of anything for the Laser General, even though he's my favourite. I think it's because I find him imbalanced as it is.

#87 GuardianTempest

Regular

• 180 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 20:23

SW and/or Internet-
Something that messes with SAGE engine.

Infantry-
8 man crew wielding a 50ft-whatever

Toxin-
THE SEWER TANK!!!!
Yeah you're gonna have to imagine on that one.
OC's and stuff
DeviantArt
*RWUAAARAAUGHRWAGH!!*
--------------------------
Posted Image
"I am an artist of daydreams. With just a little material, be it a picture, audio or a simple thought, it could fuel a derivative masterpiece."
And I also do Walfas Comics...when I feel like it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users