87 replies to this topic

#51 Mr. Mylo

The Transporter

• Project Team
  • 2334 posts
  • Projects: CnC Unleashed; CnC The Rise of the Reds

Posted 03 November 2008 - 12:29

and the poly account of ka1000 is

quick edit: in my opinion have some of the entries too much unneeded detail to fit with CnC Zh... such as modeled tread wheels and such stuff... anyway... great models here

Mr. Mylo

Edited by Mr. Mylo, 03 November 2008 - 12:33.

Posted Image
sig by the_Dr - you are the best
Posted Image
here look at my artwork: KLICK ME
Posted Image

#52 Futschki

Duh!

• 2835 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 13:23

I agree with mylo ... guys keep in mind that those models are gonna be used for ZH ... so no need to zomg lots of details
Posted Image

#53 ☆FreedoM_FighteR☆

☆I FighT For FreeDoM☆

• 1887 posts
  • Projects: C&C Renovatio

Posted 03 November 2008 - 13:34

ZH Poly Count Sux =\ i am here for the modeling part to be honst
i will do my best in fits the Batmovee ^^ into ZH style

Posted Image
Posted Image

Dauth edit: One on top of the other or it breaks sig rules

#54 JJ

Half dead member

• Project Leader
  • 3294 posts
  • Projects: Real life things, personal RA3 mod

Posted 03 November 2008 - 14:14

ZH poly count is easier on noobs. :D

#55 Mbob61

I may or may not be iron man!

• Project Team
  • 3068 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict

Posted 03 November 2008 - 16:07

Just to confirm mine is 970 without much poly saving.

Mike
Thanks to Pav3d for the awesome sigs
Posted Image
Posted Image

#56 Futschki

Duh!

• 2835 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 16:08

thats not the point mbob ... more details = more hard time on skinning ...
Posted Image

#57 Erik

Feels green.

• Project Leader
  • 978 posts
  • Projects: ZH: Frontlines

Posted 03 November 2008 - 16:49

Here is my krejan APC.
It can hover over water and has a special smoke generator which makes it harder to hit the vehicle and the soldiers leaving it. The Vehicle itself is unarmed.
Poly count: 492

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Don (Erik), 03 November 2008 - 16:53.

#58 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 17:09

my model counts exactly 683 polies. nothing to get angry about 8|
it's time to wake up

#59 Mr. Mylo

The Transporter

• Project Team
  • 2334 posts
  • Projects: CnC Unleashed; CnC The Rise of the Reds

Posted 03 November 2008 - 18:23

View PostJJ, on 3 Nov 2008, 15:14, said:

ZH poly count is easier on noobs. 8|

for some n00bs this is already hard enough... and since fallout studios is mainly a Zh forum we should stay with models which don't make the rest of the game less attractive... shw,GenX,Cnc U, make models in zh style,too... and that has nothing to do with the modelling skills of the modders...

Mr. Mylo

Edited by Mr. Mylo, 03 November 2008 - 18:24.

Posted Image
sig by the_Dr - you are the best
Posted Image
here look at my artwork: KLICK ME
Posted Image

#60 Futschki

Duh!

• 2835 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 18:58

well tbh ... being economical on poly count is more expert than not caring about it..
Posted Image

#61 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 20:20

Just a quick thing: I still do not see why code has to be provided, especially since this is a modelling competition.

Posted Image

#62 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 20:25

View PostRaoul, on 3 Nov 2008, 5:27, said:

Alias is absolutely right - this is a modelling contest, hence only the model will be judged. However, any code that can be provided with the model would be much appreciated, as it facilitates the transition into actual mods, and is a useful addition to the collection of resource that we are hoping to build from this.

To quote myself - we are trying to build this up so any code to help the end user would be appreciated, but is not not necessarily required, and the model will not be judged any further than the model itself.
For there can be no death without life.

#63 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 20:30

My point is the code side of things should be completely seperate from this competition. How? You choose - but it doesn't belong here.

Posted Image

#64 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 21:49

Freedom
Zeke
KA

That's my view for now.

-Rorschach

#65 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 01:13

View PostAlias, on 3 Nov 2008, 20:30, said:

My point is the code side of things should be completely seperate from this competition. How? You choose - but it doesn't belong here.

And my point is that the code is separate from this competition and is only a means of helping us collate our resources - if you have code please post it here or PM it to myself or Swimmer. You will not be judged on it and it is only to help those that may wish to use your models. Now Alias, that's how it's gonna work, it doesn't affect you whatsoever anyways so please chill out and just look at the fine work that has been posted here. And btw, you choose - don't tell us how to do something that we took on, not you, or please just don't bother with this at all - you've made four posts here and you have been highly critical while ignoring our responses and providing no solutions. Swimmer and I are trying very hard to make sure that this works as the community wishes for it to, as well as just making sure it works after the community has shown that they want this to be run, so we don't need you telling us what to do - I doubt you'd tell Bob how to run the SOTW so please leave us be. As Community Leader, please think of what others would want, not what just facilitates your own personal use.

#66 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days, DTU Donutin Council Co-Chairman

Posted 04 November 2008 - 01:18

Just change to something tamer like 'Code is optional and cannot be accounted for in actual voting' to avoid confusion

#67 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 01:21

And that is all it takes ^ Ty Waris, I'd agree that the wording is a little harsh and we'll sort it out.

#68 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 04:24

View PostRaoul, on 4 Nov 2008, 12:13, said:

View PostAlias, on 3 Nov 2008, 20:30, said:

And my point is that the code is separate from this competition and is only a means of helping us collate our resources - if you have code please post it here or PM it to myself or Swimmer. You will not be judged on it and it is only to help those that may wish to use your models. Now Alias, that's how it's gonna work, it doesn't affect you whatsoever anyways so please chill out and just look at the fine work that has been posted here. And btw, you choose - don't tell us how to do something that we took on, not you, or please just don't bother with this at all - you've made four posts here and you have been highly critical while ignoring our responses and providing no solutions. Swimmer and I are trying very hard to make sure that this works as the community wishes for it to, as well as just making sure it works after the community has shown that they want this to be run, so we don't need you telling us what to do - I doubt you'd tell Bob how to run the SOTW so please leave us be. As Community Leader, please think of what others would want, not what just facilitates your own personal use.
Please understand that my posts are suggestions. I am by no means forcing you to change them, I am just providing feedback. Feedback leads to the best possible user experience. By the way, I ran Sig of the Week for about twenty weeks after Bob abandoned it (the current rules are practically 90% mine). I then handed the reigns to Wizard for a very short time, who then handed them back to Bob as he regained interest. I have had experience in this area.

As community leader it is my 'job' to be a buffer of feedback. What use am I to the community if I do not provide input to it?

That's enough of this. I may enter.

Edited by Alias, 04 November 2008 - 04:28.

Posted Image

#69 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:01

Alias, this isn't about your words. Its about your tone. Look at your posts. Maybe read them out loud- you might start to realize why people don't always respond as you expected- your words are chosen carefully, but your tone is superior and arrogant.

-Swimmer
kinda, sorta alive.

#70 Zeke

The X General

• Project Team
  • 3504 posts
  • Projects: Deep Impact (formerly EC)

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:16

forgot this was a "modeling" contest >< (thought it was a unit contest)

@ Alias: I also agree with Swimmer it's not really what you say. It's just how you say it.

#71 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days, DTU Donutin Council Co-Chairman

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:55

Misinformation is rife in this competition even in its infancy. To help save it, I might enter my own APC model shortly.

#72 Zeke

The X General

• Project Team
  • 3504 posts
  • Projects: Deep Impact (formerly EC)

Posted 04 November 2008 - 06:17

forgot to ask do 2nd and 3rd place get anything?

#73 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 04 November 2008 - 16:07

Yes, second and third will also get userbars/medals. If additional prizes are incorporated, that will be worked out later. In addition- Waris, you're right, its getting confused. We hope to remedy that for next time. Also- Erik- that picture is too small to really see the APC- can we get a better pic?
kinda, sorta alive.

#74 Erik

Feels green.

• Project Leader
  • 978 posts
  • Projects: ZH: Frontlines

Posted 04 November 2008 - 16:24

Posted ImagePosted Image
click it

#75 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 16:49

We have some great looking entries here guys well done.

Pro tip: I suggest that as this competition is for the greater good of the community, be it ZH or CnC3, that models, should in future be required to be boned at the very least and complete with animation. We are trying to help people with these and providing them with blank models is not as helpful as providing people with the extras.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users