Posted 08 November 2008 - 02:22

The Explorer perk is a must-have, yes.

#27 Dr. Strangelove

Grand Poobah and Lord High Everything Else

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts
  • Projects: Where parallels meet.

Posted 08 November 2008 - 05:02

Is it possible to get Enclave Power Armor before being locked into the main quest?
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#28 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days, DTU Donutin Council Co-Chairman

Posted 08 November 2008 - 05:06

I think you can, if you can find Raven Rock somewhere in the Wasteland. They'll generally appear to go after you after you led Dad and his team to Jefferson Memorial though.

#29 Dr. Strangelove

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 05:08

Waris, on 8 Nov 2008, 6:06, said:

I think you can, if you can find Raven Rock somewhere in the Wasteland. They'll generally appear to go after you after you led Dad and his team to Jefferson Memorial though.

Thanks, it's good I don't know what those places are or it would have spoiled it for me.

Edited by Dr. Strangelove, 08 November 2008 - 05:08.

Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#30 Magma

Regular

• 174 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 07:39

I LOVE this game, haven't find any bad things in my search of Dad. sometimes you'll have to listen carefully if you hear anything bad. (like supermutants sneaking to you with sledgehammer in their hands). And like with Elder Scrolls - Oblivion, MODS are already made and more to come each day, and when Construction Set is gone gold, big, bigger and better mods will pop up everyday. You'll find all mods in Fallout Nexus
Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it... It really is worth fighting for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more.

________________________________________________________________________________
Everyone needs believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.
________________________________________________________________________________
My greatest weapon is my knowledge.... And laser beam eyes.

#31 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 08 November 2008 - 08:35

so over all how many stars would u rate this and would you recommend that i but it ??

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#32 Dr. Strangelove

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 08:39

Magma, on 8 Nov 2008, 8:39, said:

I LOVE this game, haven't find any bad things in my search of Dad. sometimes you'll have to listen carefully if you hear anything bad. (like supermutants sneaking to you with sledgehammer in their hands). And like with Elder Scrolls - Oblivion, MODS are already made and more to come each day, and when Construction Set is gone gold, big, bigger and better mods will pop up everyday. You'll find all mods in Fallout Nexus

Way more stuff here

Major Fuckup, on 8 Nov 2008, 9:35, said:

so over all how many stars would u rate this and would you recommend that i but it ??

11/10. GET IT NIAO.
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#33 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 12:19

I saw a Mirelurk the other day. Disgusting creatures...

#34 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 13:20

Waris, on 8 Nov 2008, 2:22, said:

The Explorer perk is a must-have, yes.

I did, holy shit this game is big

Waris, on 8 Nov 2008, 12:19, said:

Nah it's the mirelurk kings that matter.

#35 Brad

Quick! STAB YOURSELF FOR SAFETY!

• Member Test
  • 1467 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 14:13

I'm curious, has anyone blown up megaton? Because I just deactivated the bomb, and I was wondering what happens if you destroy megaton.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Also: Do you have to do somthing in order to learn how to create weapons? or do you just get schematics and then you have magically learned how to?

Also, when I say 'just deactivated the bomb' I don't mean that I did shortly before that post. Just to clearify

Edited by Tactical_person, 08 November 2008 - 14:35.

You almost did, didn't you?

#36 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 14:30

Spoiler

Yes, you only need the schematics and all the components to make a weapon that is specified in each schematics. Collect schematics that you've gotten before to improve your design e.g. collect 2 Shishkebab schema and you can make a Shishkebab V2 aka a better Shishkebab.

#37 KiraSama

Vago Profesional

• 2145 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 15:01

Waris, on 8 Nov 2008, 13:19, said:

Spoiler
taste like
Spoiler

Posted Image

#38 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:17

Posted Image

Dogmeat shoots wazers!

#39 E.V.E.

Femme Fatale Of The Army

• Gold Member
  • 6564 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:05

Well, I got to the end of the Game just now and I must say it is indeed very good.
There isn't much that I can moan about, everything has been executed pretty well.

Though the Ending came far too fast, or was that because I never did that much Sidequests?

Spoiler

- E.V.E.

Posted Image

#40 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:15

E.V.E., on 9 Nov 2008, 17:35, said:

Though the Ending came far too fast, or was that because I never did that much Sidequests?

There you answered your own question.

The Capital Wasteland is dotted with places you can discover. You can either wait for the Explorer perk or discover them all by your own, which is as fun, if not more :)

#41 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 10:28

Basicly the main quest is short but the rest is not.
The side quests are basically whole games in them self and the story for them is just as good as the main quest story, if not better in some places.
My advice is to have one game to play the main quest and start a new game and just explore the wasteland doing all the quests you find along the way.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#42 Zero

Commander&Chief of the Order of the Black Knights

• 581 posts
  • Projects: None, unfortunately

Posted 09 November 2008 - 23:52

I heard someone complain about loading animations. Well, the SMG isn't a relatively modern model, and as with all older guns, they tap the magazine. Older guns had jamming problems and I'm guessing that's why they did it, to help prevent jamming/bullets getting stuck in the mag. As for the revolver, I'm not sure about that, maybe it helps decrease the chance of jamming as well?
Posted Image
Posted Image
[indent]Garrod "Newtype Killer" Ran[/indent]

#43 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 00:07

I loved the loading anims, they added a little something to the game, expecially since every now and again you would for some reason perform another check on the gun to make sure everything was correct.

#44 Mortecha

Semi-Pro

• Project Team
  • 241 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 04:26

Yeah I complained not about the anims themselves, but when your locked in non VATS combat with a couple of super mutants charging you and you need to reload. The anim will load the mag first, then pull the mag back out tap it then re insert it. The tapping should be done before the first insertion. Its only happened a few times where you need the bullets nao or you are a very injured or dead little man:P

Also close quarter VATS with the hunters rifle against most humanoid targets using head shots is pure WIN!!!!!!!!! In some cases the engine will slow the shot down so much that you can see the bullet fly through the air.

Edited by Mortecha, 10 November 2008 - 04:27.

#45 RaiDK

I have an Energon Axe. Your argument is invalid.

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 05:06

Do your weapons jam when reloading if you have a low skill with a weapon?

View PostMasonicon, on 17 Oct 2009, 13:44, said:

According to Conspiracy theories in internet, sci-fi and fantasy are real!

#46 KiraSama

Vago Profesional

• 2145 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:09

RaiDK, on 10 Nov 2008, 6:06, said:

Do your weapons jam when reloading if you have a low skill with a weapon?

no as far as i know,with low skill you will do little damage and have little chances of hitting nothing about jamming
Posted Image

#47 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 12:19

I remember in Fallout 2 weapons would jam and require to be reloaded again which burnt valuable action points, that only happened on critical failures, which when you tag Small guns and stick to them, don't happen. I don't know if they still exist in game.

#48 Zero

Commander&Chief of the Order of the Black Knights

• 581 posts
  • Projects: None, unfortunately

Posted 10 November 2008 - 22:37

I agree, I think they SHOULD tap it first, THEN load the mag. Haven't played it yet but I'm dying to, too bad my parents won't buy it for me- they don't buy me ANYTHING, and I'm too young to get a job. Also, I think that aside from the stupid order they do it in, its a needed animation as with ALL old SMGs, its a recommended thing to do and you see it in EVERY WWII/Pre-WWII movies. Although maybe its MEANT to do that. I mean, after all, maybe when you NEED ammo or you are low on health it triggers a "panic" code that makes you fumble around with your mags like ANYONE could do in real life. Considering how detailed this game is, it would make sense, got any ideas?
Posted Image
Posted Image
[indent]Garrod "Newtype Killer" Ran[/indent]

#49 KiraSama

Vago Profesional

• 2145 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 23:00

tskasa1, on 10 Nov 2008, 23:37, said:

got any ideas?

make the reload animations longer so its a bigger tactical decision when and where to reload?

Edited by KiraSama, 10 November 2008 - 23:05.

Posted Image

#50 MR.Kim

Insane Solider

• Member Test
  • 2740 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 00:30

So, is that basic RPG game or something? I'm kind of picking this game.

Edited by MR.Kim, 11 November 2008 - 00:31.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users