• Projects: The End of Days

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:58

Upgrades :
1 Tank machine gun: upgrade T-90 and T-95 with automatic machine gun
2 Armor piercing shells: bought tanks + 25% damage
3 Passive armor: + 10% health for all armors, trucks and tanks
4 Active armor: + 10% health for ......
5 Reflection armor: available only for Armor Weapon System
6 Advanced missile warheads : Small missiles +10% more damage available for Assault Weapon System
7 Missile Flight Stability : +10% range for All missile weapons - available for Long range Weapon System
8 BTR-90 missile pod - All BTR-90 now have missile pod (something like Tow missile for humvee)
9 Small arms bullet upgrade : +25% damage for Tunguska and +10% damage to all small arms weapons
10 Small missile engine : upgrades all small missiles with new engine.
11 Ballistic missile engine : all ballistic missile with new engines
12 Advanced jet engines
13 Mi-35 barrage missile pod
14 Jet countermeasures

I chose three names for the three sub weapon systems and their tech centers:
1 Ballistic Development Center
2 Assault Development Center
3 Armor Development Center

Thanks a lot to all of you suggested your ideas

Edited by Alexei_Stukov, 13 November 2008 - 08:06.

#52 Zeke

The X General

• Project Team
  • 3504 posts
  • Projects: Deep Impact (formerly EC)

Posted 13 November 2008 - 13:05

everything looks really nice

I suggest you use planes for rocket exhaust though instead of modeled cones, looks kinda fake.

otherwise great job

#53 zatev

Casual

• Project Team
  • 61 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days (INI-coder)

Posted 13 November 2008 - 13:14

View PostSomeone, on 13 Nov 2008, 0:23, said:

Also, would it be possible to see close up screenshots of the small infantry units?

Posted Image
Posted Image
All the infantry unit's (except the Russian "hero"); Conscript, RPG-29 Soldier, Medic (required; Radar Station) and SV-98 Sniper soldier (required; Armor Prosperity Center (1st Beta Release))

Posted Image
Posted Image
The Russian "hero" unit; Field Commander (required; Long Range, Armor or Assault Prosperity Center)

...The rules for both chess and war remain the same: attack, defend, capture, and sacrifice. Win at all costs...
...There are 10 types of people, people who can count binairy and those who can not...

#54 Someone

Casual

• 70 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 15:46

Is the model for Russian hero unit the same as that for US naval officer (seen in the opening cutseen of 1st US mission in Zero Hour)?

#55 Alexei_Stukov

The Knowledge is the Best Expirience

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 15:54

Yes but the skin is a little more green 8|

#56 Someone

Casual

• 70 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 16:19

View PostAlexei_Stukov, on 13 Nov 2008, 15:54, said:

Yes but the skin is a little more green 8|

I think the Russian hero would look better if the colour of his uniform was closer to that of Russia’s other infantry and if his cap and gloves were the same colour as the rest of his uniform. Another thing I wanted to mention was that the Russian infantry seem a little….”faceless”. I understand that too much detail is redundant on such a scale, but I think adding a few lines here and there to create the illusion of a face would go a long way in helping the game feel more realistic.

On a different note, what is Russia’s anti-air infantry? Is it RPG-29 Soldier? And what is Russia’s anti-air structure?

#57 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 16:28

They have but the detail set by zatev are not good 8|
Also I'm not very good at making faces |8

Edited by Alexei_Stukov, 17 November 2008 - 17:58.

#58 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts
  • Projects: beta tester of world at war cnc and situation zero concept art

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:20

russia's aa structure is the TOR-M1. infantry i have no idea.
Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#59 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 15:55

Is the RPO Shmel soldier still up for consideration, or even in the game?
Posted Image

#60 zatev

Casual

• Project Team
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 16:03

View PostAlexei_Stukov, on 17 Nov 2008, 17:28, said:

They have but the detail set by zatev are not good :lol:
Also I'm not very good at making faces |8

Posted Image
Posted Image
If you look good on these screens you can see Alexei was right. These show some face detail and I had my screen settings on 800 x 600.

View PostSomeone, on 17 Nov 2008, 17:19, said:

On a different note, what is Russia’s anti-air infantry? Is it RPG-29 Soldier? And what is Russia’s anti-air structure?

There is no AA-infantry for the Russians in this game. The RPG-29 Soldier can only shoot at ground units. Instead Russia has two AA-vehicles; the Tunguska and the S-300. The AA-Structure is the Tor M-1 like AZZKIKR already said.

...The rules for both chess and war remain the same: attack, defend, capture, and sacrifice. Win at all costs...
...There are 10 types of people, people who can count binairy and those who can not...

#61 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 16:37

The RPG29 soldier can use Pro-M missile to clear the building. Switch command button.

#62 zatev

Casual

• Project Team
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 16:41

View PostAftershock, on 18 Nov 2008, 16:55, said:

Is the RPO Shmel soldier still up for consideration, or even in the game?

Posted Image
It is in game, as a switch button for the RPG-29 Soldier.

#63 MohdAzlan

• 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 14:54

Help me plz i dont know how to install tis mode after i click on the WinRAR then i click to the TEOD.rar then after dowload it has many words so wat i wanna do after that anyway where the general zerohour dictionary?I have allready install Project Raptor mod wat file i need to delet so i can install this mod i need to be more becareful so i not making it worst.Plz tell me i wnna try tis mode.

#64 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 15:43

Uninstall Zero Hour
Delete the folder (if you don't do this you won't be able to play TEOD)
Install ZH
Patch ZH to 1.04 (If you have TFD then no patch is needed)
Extract the .big file from the .rar file.
Put the .big file in the same directory as Zero Hour
Run Zero Hour
Play the modification.

#65 MohdAzlan

• 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:04

Dont understand im not so expert at this thing this is frist time i download mod.Any my cd general zero hour are allready update with project raptor so i cant just install zero hour.and where is the zero hour directory anyway.I have patch just one i think it for the project raptor.If i wanna download patch do i need to download Corel WordPerfect Merge Data??Can u tell me step by step i cant catch what u wanna say.

I have one more thing to ask if i download this mod do my general zh basic army will lose or change?Or it dosent delet the old army just adding this new mod army?

#66 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:22

The reason I'm telling you to remove ZH and reinstall is that it is a notoriously picky game and unless you remove EVERY scrap of Project Raptor you will get conflicts and it will fail to work at all.

If your CD is bundled with Project raptor then this sounds like and illegal version of the game and I will not offer any help.

You don't need the Corel program, I've never even heard of it.

TEOD adds a new faction in a file, to return to the original game just remove the TEOD file.

#67 NergiZed

^^^ Pronouced like the battery brand ^^^

• 2992 posts
  • Projects: Shockwave and Rise of the Reds

Posted 30 March 2009 - 19:00

Looking good. I will give this a try when I get the time (two tests coming up, needs to study)

#68 dragon1600

• 5 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:46

i've got 2 question

how do i become a beta tester

becose i'm new and i like gaming so

and what do you need to do as a beta tester

sorry for my bad language i'm dutch sow thats why
Play for fun

If you lose you learned somting

If you win you have learned from that mistake

Never be angry about losing think about winning the next time :)

#69 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:59

Oh hai, welcome.

Generally, one don't ask to become a beta tester; beta testers are generally selected by mod leaders.

As beta tester, you need to find bugs, imperfections that is fixable by SAGE standards, and comment on balance, though there could be more responsibilities I do not know about.

Edited by Admiral FCS, 03 June 2009 - 23:01.

#70 dragon1600

• 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 21:01

hey thanks

but if i don't ask i never be a beta testen
if i wait i'll be waiting long to be a beta tester

so i'll ask i hope you understand
i'm 18 love gaming especially generals zero hours with mods off course
so i want to now how it is to be a beta tester and help people with there mods

but if it stands in the rules i wil not ask for it
Play for fun

If you lose you learned somting

If you win you have learned from that mistake

Never be angry about losing think about winning the next time :)

#71 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:42

If you want to become beta tester, you should participate frequently in Hamachi and compete with other players while also ask about them about this idea (Asking mod team is probably a bad idea IMO), and show your skills and activeness, so that the mod leader might get you in.

#72 Anubis

Lord of the Underworld

• Project Leader
  • 1259 posts
  • Projects: MGS projects.

Posted 26 June 2009 - 18:13

Well, i guess i'll be the first to post about the new beta. It feels alot better then the old one. However some of the usa skins feel a little bland, especialy for the old reskined units. My hopes are for improved models as well, but only time will tell. There is also need for a few more units in the US arsenal. I simply feel like there are to few units for a good gameplay variety. Here are a few suggestions for current usa, that would make it feel better imo :

Overall USA suggestions:

- replaces the ambulance with some sort of mobile support truck. It's really odd to see an ambulance repair vehicles and also a truck would do alot better imo.

- improve the models/skins of infantry.

- change the textures if the buildings ( they looks to white and shiny compaired to the units ).

- improve model/texture of the firebase.

- improve model/texture of the patriot missile system ( make it look more like the RL one - not in size ofc but details and texture especialy ).

- replace the prison with a new structure - some sort of hybrid between a tech center and an intel center ( it makes no sense for a prison to research technologies and offer advanced battlefield intel ).

- add a deploy button to all deployable units.

- add more missile trail effects - all missiles ingame look like they have the same trail effect wich is extremly boring in terms of looks.

- improve the chinook model.

- improve the tow launcher model and skin.

- decc the build speed of the supply center - it takes ages to build one.

- Laser weapons choice :

1. ad the advanced fusion reactor as the powerplant for this tech choice.
2. add a new laser turret ( new model/skin ) to replace the patriot.
3. replace the firebase with something laser guided ( laser guided missile launcher base or laser guided howitzer ) - and also give it a new model - a more high tech that fits with the general techy design of this sub-division.
4. change the particle beam for a laser beam for the mthel. And also reduce the range - that thing is the ultimate base defense right now.
5. add the railgun tank to this sub-division. As the energy weapons side ... i don't see why they don't have it ( except it would have almost the same role as the mthel, but that could change by new code :P ).
6. Replace the normal hellfire missile with a laser targeting missile ( would also hit infantry ).
7. Replace the Apache weapons with something more high tech ( i know this is more realistic, but still - you have laser trucks and railgun tanks - it's not that realistic ).
8. It would be nice if the Apace also got a replacement for this sub-division.
9. Add another plane - the airfield looks rather empty at this point.
10. Add more PDLs for this sub-division.
11. There is no Paladin Tank in the Warfactory Com. set.
12. Overall more weapons/upgrades/units uniq for this dub-division.
13. Take out the bunker buster upg for this general as there is no unit to use it.

Tactical Weapons :

1. make the firebase more powerfull ( it should be more 'tactical weapon' ) - increase armor, damage and range, but also cost ( would also req a new model ).
2. add some team color to the Stealth Fighter.
3. Improve the GMRLS missile detonation effect.
4. Change avenger aa laser weapons with missile based ones.
5. Would be nice if the F18 would also get a replacement for this general ( maybe an f16xl or an f23 or something ).
6. Add a new mini-super weapons - like a ICM silo - would improve the 'tactical weapons feel' imo.
7. At best add the railgun tank to this division as well.
8. Overall more weapons/upgrades/units uniq for this dub-division.

Airforce :

1. Take out the abrams. This sub-division should not have such a tank imo.
2. Add more infantry, and improve the existing one ( navy seal, marines etc - since it's airforce general, it would also be in close contact with navy support - aircraft carriers etc ).
3. Add more air units ( a new std plane, a new heavy airfield plane - maybe a THEL plane -circles arround and takes out incoming missiles ).
4. Take out the railgun tank - it's airpower that this division should be all about, not ground power. Right now it's alot better to use a bradley/abrams/ralgun combo than any air units ingame. Ground vehicles should be only for support imo.
5. Replace the avenger laser aa weapons with missiles or something else ( flack maybe ... ).
6. As ground artilery i think the old tomahawk would be alot better as a choice.
7. Add some team color on the raptor.
8. Overall more weapons/upgrades/units uniq for this dub-division.

Well this is it. The mod feels alot better, but it also needs alot of further work. So good luck and have fun.
Anubis out.

#73 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 19:06

Maybe 80% of your suggestion are mine too but you know that I need huge time to make that things. So I decided to push the beta in the way you play now just to see the idea of the mod and it potential. I'll make many changes for the next version with GLA or China remake.
Thanks for the suggestion I must say the most creative suggestion so far!

#74 Anubis

Lord of the Underworld

• Project Leader
  • 1259 posts
  • Projects: MGS projects.

Posted 26 June 2009 - 19:32

My pleasure. Like i said, this is building up to be a really great mod :P . I know how much work it takes, so all i can say is have fun doing it ( at least as much as possible ).

#75 zerocold

Visitor

• Project Team
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:53

Well, hi, i just had some skirmishes online, just found that the american side can rush very quickly using helicopters + cheap infantry/missile-defenders, in my opinion , both units are way too cheap now, well, the ranger price is ok , 120 resources is ok for a infantry, but the missile defender is too cheap,150, you can pack a bunch of then in a helo and cause a real havoc -i did it- :P

The missile defender cost should be 300, since it have a very useful skill, the chinese missile soldier still cost 300, it cost should be reduced to 200

Other unit i find a bit inbalanced is the chinese minigun soldier, it can shot air units, is actually better than the tank hunter :P, at a cost of 2000, you can get 8 of these, 250 per one good...way too good, Apaches and Hinds are useless against them and 3 of them in a bunker is like having the minigun sentry defence, in my opinion the transport's gun should back, and the minigunners air damage should be reduced to 15-20%, still doing damage against air units, but very small

The F-18s are awesome 8|, i dunno but i think when are downed they transform into F22s?, guess is bug, not sure, must check it better

Would be a good idea to decrease the cost of the russian radar station, maybe to 1000?

The only unit i dont see a lot of sense is the russian sniper, probably to change it as a more versatile unit, a special stealthy force, with capacity to put mines, smaller range snipping, climbing mountains, or other things

I think the infantry need some kind of skill to build small-cheap trenches, all infantry could do that, there are trenches for tanks and armor, i think is russian practice, is just to boost the importance and survavility of infantry, for example , who would bother to recruit red guard when you have minigunners?, or conscripts when a tunguska is more effective?

Both russian defenses need energy, i think one of them should not need energy, probably the canon (AGDS), that is a weakness in the early game, i can destroy a single generator and shut down all the defences, that does not happen in the other factions

The red guard is too expensive 300, 150 per soldier, 75-100 per unit would be better
The russian RPG soldier should cost 150, since it cant attack air units, 250 is a bit too expensive, yes it clean buildings, but guess the TOS1 do it aswell, as the rangers

I think russian spy drones dont need to be stealthy, but very, very cheap, and fast to produce, maybe to decrease it cost from 500 to 150,make it 2-3 times faster to build and a better line of sight, and remove it stealth?

The Ka-50 doesn't repair at the airfield, guess is a bug, in assault tech, i find the ka-50 not worth it use, probably it need more speed and a bit more armor, i think the Apache should have a little more line of sight, is very fragile

On all, the models are excelent done, all the units are great, is just that are a bit inbalanced because the unit's costs

Edited by zerocold, 29 June 2009 - 10:19.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users