Fallout 3: What is your favorite weapons?

59 replies to this topic

#51 amazin

E-Studios resident XBOX360 (not computer) player

• 1483 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 00:01

double barrel does kick ass, but those new enemies in point look are so tough its rediculous, little inbred tribals wearing rags can take about 30 more bullets than well trained soldiers in power armor

#52 NergiZed

^^^ Pronouced like the battery brand ^^^

• 2992 posts
  • Projects: Shockwave and Rise of the Reds

Posted 28 June 2009 - 19:13

View Postallon, on 10 Jun 2009, 7:34, said:

Victory Rifle all the way. got sneak skill 100 and lot's off .308 ammo so i just sneak toward the enemie and when i got a clear view of his face i pull out my big sodding gun and blow the bastard into pieces. pretty badass along with the sniper/bloody mess perk

Ja definitely.

Although if your like me and have gotten pretty much everything and only play with god mode on :D, then the Gauss Rifle is awesome, cause it doesn't need to reload when you have inf. VATS.

I personally found all the weapons in Point Lookout rather 'meh'.

If only they added more cool weapons in, like a grenade launcher or something.

Edited by NergiZed, 28 June 2009 - 19:15.

#53 amazin

• 1483 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 21:55

the only grenade laucher they have is the miss launcher

but i think that the lever action rifle is REALLY tough for only using 10mm ammo, and double barrel is toughest shotgun per-shot, so if you are fighting weaker enemies like ghouls, and have grim reaper's sprint, you can take on quite a few at once

#54 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 28 June 2009 - 22:29

I've barely started playing this game and I must say I love the melee weapons. That said after trying my brother's advanced game, nothing is more fun than the Dismemberer or the Mauler.
Posted Image

#55 amazin

• 1483 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:37

the mauler and jingwei's sword are probably the best melee

#56 MR.Kim

Insane Solider

• Member Test
  • 2740 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 17:35

Indeed. If sneak attack, give more high ctritical damage.

#57 MentalAss

Death Before Dishonour!

• 965 posts
  • Projects: Warboss Nooka's personal Wartrukk.

Posted 01 August 2009 - 18:59

Ol' Painless hands down. With the abundance of Hunting Rifles and .32 caliber ammo, it's the mainstay of my killing force and the first gun I make sure to get. The fact that it reloads twice as fast as regular rifles is just...icing. Second, would be The Reservist's Rifle, even if .308 cal ammo is hard to come by and only has a three round magazine, but it packs a bigger punch than the Victory Rifle.

Well to be honest, almost all of my on person weaponry consist of uniques. Going clockwise from the top left (on the quick select menu) would look like:
1. Dart Gun
2. Silenced 10mm
3. Lincoln's Repeater
4. Ol' Painless
5. The Reservist's Rifle
6. a regular Missile Launcher
7. The Terrible Shotgun
8. Xuanlong Rifle

Edited by MentalAss, 01 August 2009 - 19:01.

#58 Ixonoclast

Amateur

• 103 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 19:34

Any heavy weapon with a backpack is good.

Along with power armour... makes me feel like a space marine Devastator.
Posted Image

#59 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:09

View PostMR.Kim, on 29 Jun 2009, 18:35, said:

Indeed. If sneak attack, give more high ctritical damage.

Combined with the Chinese Stealth Suit, the Shock Sword feels like a cheat. I have found that due to my character's high level of sneakiness (>_>) it is possible to strike enemies without fear of retaliation from nearby allies.

Personal favourite weapons are:

For long range attacks: The Gauss Rifle from Operation Anchorage. I love the felling effect it has on enemies. Epic when used in conjunction with V.A.T.S.

For everything else - mid to close range -
Spoiler
Plasma Rifle is great for dispatching the toughest enemies and reducing them to a steaming pile of goo.

#60 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:55

Backwater Rifle, With the right stats and perks, you can make really nasty crits (due to the 5x crit multiplier). Unlike its cousin Lincoln's Repeater, which uses the rare and expensive .44 Magnum bullets, its uses the easy-to-get and cheap 10mm Bullets.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users