Arena defence systems for russia's mbts

12 replies to this topic

#1 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts
  • Projects: beta tester of world at war cnc and situation zero concept art

Posted 27 November 2008 - 10:15

Well, the arena defence system is individually upgraded for tanks, and is only available after the active armour upgrade is bought. However, with the upgrade, electrical-optical dazzlers are mounted, giving the tank an ECM-like ability to deflect missiles. The EODs themselves emit IR light that causes missiles to deviate off target.

The T-90 and T-95 should get the ability to fire AT-11 gun-launched ATGWs, as this mod strives for realism, plus the AT-11 missiles will possibly be an upgrade, that could be fused together with the arena defence systems, an possibly called advanced tank mechanics.

#some facts may be wrong on the arena thing as i'm recounting from memory#

Edited by AZZKIKR, 27 November 2008 - 10:25.

Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#2 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:33

The original 1.0 build of Rise of the Reds actually incorporated the Arena defensive system on Sentinels as an upgrade, but as far as I'm aware the system has been scrapped under SWR's leadership, so my only objection to this is void. Excellent idea, as are the 9K119M Sniper missiles. I like the latter particularly as they are one of the key distinguishing features of modern Russian armour.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 zerocold

Visitor

• Project Team
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 15:40

I wont open othe thread for my suggestions, better -i think- to keep all them in one place..

The Arena idea, is the same as the laser anti missile tank of the american side, so is a bit redundant for the russian faction, not good idea IMO, but the missiles on tanks is a feature of the russian tanks, so i think this is actually a very good idea.

One thing i noticed is that the russian side has a bunch of transports, in general they are expensive, because they born with out infantry, IMO, 1600 for an empty Mi-26 is a bit too expensive, same for the ground transport units, i would say that some units like mi-26 should born empty (and cheap), and some units like mi-24 should born with a mix of infantry/missileman with the same cost

The advanced anti-air missiler is really overpowered ,...it range is huge, making units like the mig-31 completelly obsolete

Radar station should be built before the airfield

Well, in some aspects the faction still resembles the US/China faction, and there still work to do to become a very different one, for example, the airborn supply pad, i had just an idea, why not upgrade the Gas Refinery to start to produce resources (as the black market), but at cost of some energy generated, this ugrade could be switched on/off, so you can or either "sell gas" or produce more energy, of course the base energy generated should be higher

Edited by zerocold, 27 November 2008 - 15:50.

#4 Alexei_Stukov

The Knowledge is the Best Expirience

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days

Posted 27 November 2008 - 16:54

When we talk about realism we should know that in one virtual game realism can't be 100%.The more important is the balance.
Also I'm restricted by game engine and so on.
The weapons you suggest are too many for coding . Also you can imagine T-90 with ECM ability very OP
That doesn't mean that I won't think about your suggestions but I must find the Balance before realism.
About Mi-26 - It is not expensive because you can use it to transport a lot of troops and also to collect supplies.
Mi-24-is very good attack and transport heli. If I make it become with infantry inside it will be OP.
About Mig-31 missiles I'll see what can I do to make good balance.
Gas Refinery ability you suggest is IMO uncodable.
If you look hard you will see that USA, GLA and China are very close.
The supply post you mean to change is not good idea. It is unique not 100% different but different idea(If you have other ideas please let me know). The supplies falls and you need to collect them.
Really thanks you are making suggestions.

#5 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 00:58

welcome. i think the AT-11 missiles are codeable, similarly to the missile defenders laser lock
Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#6 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 05:16

OK for T-90 maybe but for T-95 ? It has 3 weapons main gun, machine gun and rocket attack. I cant add 4 weapons.

#7 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 28 November 2008 - 05:20

Ability. OCL an object that will fire the rocket through the barrel. I dunno about on the move, tho. Probably a better way as an ability to do it, anyway.
kinda, sorta alive.

#8 JJ

Half dead member

• Project Leader
  • 3294 posts
  • Projects: Real life things, personal RA3 mod

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:39

Just add the machine gun via OverlordContain.

#9 zerocold

Visitor

• Project Team
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 14:48

Mi-26 is bugged when it try to collect resources, it never deposit the resources and all the normal resource collectors stop

#10 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 28 November 2008 - 15:18

Zerocold : You sure ? I did never get this issue...

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#11 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 16:14

Mi-26 works fine.Just need more time to drop the supplies.
About machine gun I'll see what can I do :P
Also please post a link about the defenses you suggest.

Edited by Alexei_Stukov, 28 November 2008 - 16:17.

#12 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 03:49

arena

AT-11
Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#13 Alexei_Stukov