Of sexual fetishes

22 replies to this topic

#1 Z_mann

Professional

• 327 posts
  • Projects: Zero Hour Unleashed

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:30

This is not intended to be an up close and personal conversation, more of a means to express a general view of things. Why do you think fetishes exist? Are they within the scope of normal behavior?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Science is magic, only complicated.

#2 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 09 January 2009 - 14:32

maybe people get bored?

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#3 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 09 January 2009 - 14:35

Reasons depend on the fetish you got. Sometimes it's psychological (trauma or fear in your youth), and sometimes it's something someone else you know does.
Posted Image

#4 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 09 January 2009 - 14:40

Fetishes vary so much. From quite mainstream ones to the simply fucked up. Maybe your born with it? You don't develop fetishes, they just.. happen. Wether that fetish is in the scope of normal behavior really depends on what the fetish is.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 09 January 2009 - 15:36

View PostInsomniac!, on 9 Jan 2009, 9:40, said:

Fetishes vary so much. From quite mainstream ones to the simply fucked up. Maybe your born with it? You don't develop fetishes, they just.. happen. Wether that fetish is in the scope of normal behavior really depends on what the fetish is.

I agree with you on that.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#6 E.V.E.

Femme Fatale Of The Army

• Gold Member
  • 6564 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 18:06

I think some of them are simply primitve drives that most People supress, like the defilement pinion.

Also, according to Sigmund Freud, the moment you start to live you're going through different "Phases".
According to him, it starts with the Oral Phase (liking to suck on your Thumb etc.), then the Narzistic Phase, Anal Phase and so on.

Maybe some simply relive those Phases / set them free, while others supress them / don't want to even think about those things / find them discusting.

- E.V.E.

Posted Image

#7 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 18:19

*Fights overwhelming urge to make stupid childish jokes using the names of phases and the fact that EVE has said them*

Anyway, fetishes, hmmmmm, well I don't believe that there is much that is naturally inbuilt in a human beyond the need to survive and procreate. Everything else is learned [nature v nurture debate again]. So from my pov it would have to be something that has been previously experienced at an age at which it has left a marked impression on a personality.

I think they are quite often a person trying to identify with themselves parts of their past and realise who they are through these fetishes.

#8 Nid

Human Being number 80446219302

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 20:57

The concept of fetishes themselves, in my view is normal.
However, people's fetishes will be abnormal to others, because it's not something that other people find arousing or enjoyable.

I myself have some verryyy fucked up fetishes that I'm not going to share with any of you. Ever.
Even I know that you would all find them abnormal. I can't even explain these fetishes even to myself. It's like an addiction, something I can't help. Something that if I try to turn my back on it I come back to it even wrose.

Edited by Nidmeister, 09 January 2009 - 21:24.

Posted Image

#9 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:46

I find the prospect of fetishes very interesting actually. There are some pretty odd things out there if you go looking for them. As for myself, I'm clean when it comes to sexual deviations.

#10 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3868 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:49

View PostInsomniac!, on 9 Jan 2009, 16:40, said:

Maybe your born with it?

I think that aswell... Even though I do not understand some of them, I have a few aswell.

#11 WNxMastrefubu

Man, myth, and legend

• 1136 posts
  • Projects: diji

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:35

Maybe your born with it?

lol, a baby that gets hard from toes 8|. possibly tho. i know sum friends whov liked the same things sinc elementry skool
Attached Image

#12 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:38

View PostWNxmastrefubu, on 11 Jan 2009, 5:35, said:

Maybe your born with it?

lol, a baby that gets hard from toes :P . possibly tho. i know sum friends whov liked the same things sinc elementry skool

That was totally disgusting and could not be more inappropriate. Do not post something like that again.

#13 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 10:44

View PostHøbbesy, on 10 Jan 2009, 6:46, said:

I find the prospect of fetishes very interesting actually. There are some pretty odd things out there if you go looking for them. As for myself, I'm clean when it comes to sexual deviations.

Would you confess such things here if you wouldn't be 'clean'?

Oh I admit there are always thoughts of different things, but as far as now, the 'normal' behaviour is still more attractive.
Posted Image

#14 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 18:15

View PostAftershock, on 17 Jan 2009, 4:44, said:

Oh I admit there are always thoughts of different things, but as far as now, the 'normal' behaviour is still more attractive.

I never confessed to anything. However, I did spend a year browsing through DeviantART out of boredom. You could hardly imagine half the things I saw there.

Edited by Høbbesy, 17 January 2009 - 18:16.

#15 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:25

View PostHøbbesy, on 18 Jan 2009, 3:15, said:

View PostAftershock, on 17 Jan 2009, 4:44, said:

I never confessed to anything. However, I did spend a year browsing through DeviantART out of boredom. You could hardly imagine half the things I saw there.

ha lol ever spend an hour on 4chan that's full of normal people lol

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#16 Overdose

Nice Guy Syndrome

• Gold Member
  • 4146 posts
  • Projects: SWR Projects

Posted 21 January 2009 - 18:43

I got to admit I have a fetish for taller women. I don't mean giants but any woman slightly taller than me is a turn on. I'm also very short (165cm) so I'm easily pleased as well.

Edited by Overdose, 21 January 2009 - 18:44.

Posted Image

#17 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 19:39

View PostOverdose, on 21 Jan 2009, 20:43, said:

I got to admit I have a fetish for taller women. I don't mean giants but any woman slightly taller than me is a turn on. I'm also very short (165cm) so I'm easily pleased as well.
You'd like Dutch women :duh: . With us being the tallest people in the world after some people in the Dinaric Alps and our females averaging about 168-169 cm, you could certainly do worse :D .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:27

View PostOverdose, on 21 Jan 2009, 18:43, said:

Hmm more a thing for petite girls myself - though with Britain being how it is at the moment, you either get petite or... big-boned nowadays. Oh, and a slight... thing... for redheads - but a petite redhead is a no-no.
For there can be no death without life.

#19 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:31

View PostAJ, on 22 Jan 2009, 11:27, said:

Hmm more a thing for petite girls myself - though with Britain being how it is at the moment, you either get petite or... big-boned nowadays. Oh, and a slight... thing... for redheads - but a petite redhead is a no-no.

I do understand the petite thing too, rather oddly though I have never properly fancied anyone younger than me, its not an older woman thing where I'm looking for someone with 15 years on me, but one or two years is always the sort of range. Well w00t 2nd and 3rd year PhD students, *is happy again*.

#20 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 13:35

I think there's something to be said for that - especially tolerance for the age of the opposite sex. I for example, can imagine a two year gap, either way, as acceptable more or less for me, personally. Whatever anyone else wants to think, so be it for them. However, as I get older, I imagine that gap will increase until the point where i am no longer at an institution that groups according to age, at which point it'll probably be 'anything goes', to a degree. Personally, having grown up with parents who are 7 years apart, it has sometime proven odd - that was for me, in my last year at senior school, dating someone who had just left primary school. *Shudders* However, from the point of view of a 30 year old, dating a 23 year old doesn't seem too wrong - a bit iffy maybe, but not much.to be honest I'll probably keep a lower threshold of about 18/19 for the next few years at least, but allow my higher range to increase as my age does, resulting in a broader cross-section of women. Each to their own however, and the best of luck to them in making it work. If I'm frank though, older women just seem a little more... 'with-it' to me, but that's likely just me. It's up to you, and what your society inflicts upon you - and i doubt there is really a universally accepted age range once a person passes into adulthood according to their state.

As for petitness, there is possible a tendency to approach women of a smaller nature. I'd imagine it's something to do with the male psyche, wanting to be able to hold something that doesn't exceed your grasp, and to have something that appears manageable, someone that makes you feel like the larger person, the male in the relationship. Ofc, there are others, like OD, who do not feel this way. This does not mean necessarily going against nature, but simply choosing personal preference. Most people go with their judgment, and most will let nature run it's course, but some will not, and this in itself is the essence of nature - it's not always obeyed. However, should you look at it in another way - OD's choice in womens' height is such that it's probably not far off most males of average height - and so be it - plus coming from a Brazillian culture, there are a lot of tall, confident women in that region. In Britain, most women are short - you'd be in with a serious challenge if asked to find someone of the height, or likely beauty, of Gisele Bündchen (Brazillian supermodel) - it doesn't happen, and is probably right back to the basics of our initial genetic code.

Hence, either way, it's what you choose to make of it, and what nature/culture has provided you with. For me, a 20yr old petit brunette with shortish hair (forgot to mention that earlier) (eg collarbone) with brain would go down a treat with me. But then again, there's millions of them in the UK, but very few on other continents. How odd eh? :P

Oh, and Dauth, they'll be smart enough to know when they see trouble coming....
For there can be no death without life.

#21 Reaper94

rawr!!

• 1178 posts
  • Projects: Being more loved and less loathed by community

Posted 22 January 2009 - 18:26

View PostOverdose, on 21 Jan 2009, 18:43, said:

isee this quite a lot, lol "tall leggy blondes ftw", yet im the total opposite being "petite cute brunettes ftw".

on topic: something i read a while ago, that doing BDSM can reduce pressure upon someone who is stressed which is why some people do it

RaiDK, on 3 Jun 2009, 10:09, said:

MY BEAK IS ONE WHICH WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS.

Posted Image

#22 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:40

hey Overdose i could hook u up with a south african chick im about 178 and my head is level with her neck, shes hot but she is a complete hollow bitch with attitude problems though

edit: dam spelling lol XD

Edited by Major Fuckup, 23 January 2009 - 02:42.

#23 ultimentra

Professional

• 358 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:53

I think fetishes are personal preference and they are developed when your a child and you liked those things etc.
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users