2P Shrine of Excellion - Posted by Felix
2P Tranquilities End - Posted by Felix
4P Panrea Lowlands - Posted by Felix
4P Unknown Map - Posted by Felix
4P Gorhael Crater - Posted by Alias
4P Ariel Highlands - Posted by Nidmeister
Packs
Multiple Replays - Posted by Felix

Here's the start, I'll add some of mine when I've watched them.

4P Van Der Mar Mountains Dauth+Wizard[CM+SM] vs Eldar[Hard] vs Tau [Hard]
- Not a bad team game, fun to be in. Lucky I managed to get 2 ASM's after a stupid move to the centre that left me unguared.

#2 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:53

We're slowly learning how to deal with hard AIs, though we can't handle a 2v2 yet. Was a good fun game and used a couple of useful abilities, not least the Tainted Auspex from the Chaos lord.

#3 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 00:42

We [Dauth and I] just did Debarq's assault map in 63 minutes. We could've done it in under an hour but I had to take a call. Bloody GG this one.

Debarq's Assault

#4 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:47

This is worth the double post. Massively EPIC game 4v4 against AI

Dauth = Space Marines
Ion = Chaos Marines
Wiz = Space Marines
AJ = Crons

Ion's skillz here are literally breath taking. Almost single-handily won this. Dauth managed to survive the initial onslaught and get to Ion's camp. AJ was over whelmed then I was flanked and knocked out due to lack of funds to rebuild. Then Ion simply soaked up everything 4 hard AI through at him. Simply awesome to watch.

EPIC 8P Daturias Pits

#5 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:55

Just did 4v4 Hard.

Wizard and AJ got taken out early, dauth ran with a builder to my posistion. I held off 4 hard armies by using my defilers and a squad of posessed. The 4th hard army tried to flank dauth a few times but my teleporting obliterators using high ground + the flank army I was building up held them off. As 1000's of enemies died at my chokepoint with very few casualties on my side, my flank army annihilated the enemy buildings. It just took ages to find the damn eldar base. This is basically a lesson in how to turtle |8

Same game as wiz posted, just from my perspective.

8P Daturias Pits

EDIT ; I'm a fool, you can view the game from anyones perspective. And no wiz, when you and AJ were defeated we could no longer see what you said.

Edited by Insomniac!, 24 January 2009 - 03:37.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 23:50

Ion asked me to post his victory over an Insane AI.

Fallen City

#7 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 23:53

I rushed, so it felt a bit cheap. The previous game they owned me.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:24

This is my last game on hamachi for a while and we'd tried some pvp with varying results so I decided to do something random.

4 teams, random starting positions random teams.
Teams
AI - AI
AI - Wiz
AJ - Brad
Ion - Dauth

This was an epic game and you should watch the replay just to see how effective communication can lead to victory, also note.
*Defiler dumbfire breaks squads, even better when blind since it scatters
*BT is an excellent damage soak
*Stealth CSM are a nightmare to find

Rough timeline from my Pov
Ion and I expanding, Ion faster. Ion ran into Wiz and AI, was being DT'd. AI was fought off, we DT'd Wiz and he was wiped fairly early.
Take and hold centre, reinforce area and deal with pesky Eldar inf spam
Brad made a mistake with the ping and gave away his and Aj's location, this saved us a lot of work but we'd guessed it by AI presence anyway
Defiler spam and D lord usage to elimiate two AI bases (use culties at s detect), also all capped, we now have 5 bases producing req for us
AI armies nowhere to be seen, should have wondered
I did at this point also start mindfucking people, though Ion was in on it :D
Advance on Brad and AJ, find both armies in a bottleneck
Both lose massive chunk of army, retreat to reinforced middle
Counter attack defeated by extra resources, defiler pounding and BT usage
Pincer anhilated by massive fire on Brads orks, Flash Gitz not at optimal range
AJ's other arm ran into reinforced army while being attacked by Pesky Eldar inf, concentrated fire would have brouth them down but the time allowed us to eliminate his atack force
While they were rebuilding we has faster unit production and marched onto Brad's base, once the large army was dealt with and s detect gone it was plain sailing
AJ's attack in the rear of our army was good but couldn't break our production rate
With Brad's base eliminated we marched onto AJ using same pounder tactics from Defilers then sending in the big armies (which he did damage well with the FC orbital bombardment)
Once past his front line it was a point and shoot exercise with occassional annoying dred drops
Finally into Eldar base, had to dumbfire on guns until s detect arrived
gg

Ion and I were in constant communication, suggesting ideas and planning attacks.
I can spot a dozen improvements I should have made, the bigger ones are below.
Reinforcing in each other's base to provide secondary armies in the case of base loss. Brad and AJ did this well.
Add unit producing structures in middle to speed up army production.
Build Rhinos to absorb fire since poeple will attack useless vehicles.
Bring more s detect, since melee were being melted, drop one Berezerker squad for 3 culties with nades/plasma

#9 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:35

Indeed, it was a great game - from my point of view with a little less AI involvement we would have had a better shot against Ion and Dauth - with Brad being double-teamed by the AI armies it took everything I had to be shipped across there in drop pods just to keep him alive. Once we forced the AI out of his base we barely had 5 minutes peace - we'd just decided to go on a counter-offensive when Dauth and Ion turned up with their troops - that was an epic battle there. Sadly, when attacking them back the Defilers did a good job of wiping us out - the pesky Eldar AI spammed Guardians into my forces too which was incredibly bad timing - wiping the poor blokes out. From then on it was just a matter of killing as much of Dauth's and Ion's forces before we eventually succumbed - their map control proved too much by the end of it - and the Relic played a key role - the BloodThirster was a real sod to deal with. Was a severely epic match though.

Btw any chance of the replay Dauth? :D
For there can be no death without life.

#10 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:36

The game could have been very different if a few things had happened differently.

When AJ and Brad repelled the AI attackers, the AI then stopped attacking. As me and Dauth were destroying them, in the process we split our armies. If AJ and Brad had marched on our central posistion they would only have encountered half our attack forces, and likely destroyed them. They could then have taken out our central posistion. Isolating our bases and destroying alot of my army production. Thankfully they didn't seem to wonder why the AI had stopped attacking. We actually did them a big favour by taking them out :D

Improvements I could have made.

Alot of the game I didn't even bother with my d-lord or sorc.
I did have 3 rhinos but didn't use them enough.
Often my reproduced units woud be sitting in the middle for a while, until I noticed them and sent them to the frontline. CSM squads needed to be reinforced. But I remember looking over there a few times and seeing 4 defilers doing nothing.

Word of warning, the game is long - 72mins.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:51

View PostDauth, on 15 Apr 2009, 13:24, said:

Ion and I expanding, Ion faster. Ion ran into Wiz and AI, was being DT'd. AI was fought off, we DT'd Wiz and he was wiped fairly early.

Actually there was no DT on Ion, they were mincing about capping my point and I should've let Ion finish em off tbh if I'd have known they'd be as much help to me as a can of mace in a shark tank less than 3 mintues later.

View PostLibains, on 15 Apr 2009, 13:35, said:

Indeed, it was a great game - from my point of view with a little less AI involvement we would have had a better shot against Ion and Dauth

Or a shot at all in my case. I had actually gotten a decent BO together as I managed at least 5-6 SM squads, although against the brothers Chaos over here it didn't mean shit. Rather crappy DC night for me as the kitteh ruined my BO in the previous game which left me flanked by a better prepared Ion assault. I am beginning to think I am being picked on :D

#12 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:56

Brothers Chaos, I like that.

Once we forced the AI out of his base we barely had 5 minutes peace.

5 minutes is a hell of along time really :D I guess if we hadn't killed the orks + eldar attacking brad, he would have been pounded even more.

I am beginning to think I am being picked on :duh:

You've had the misfortune to spawn next to me, while not on my team. Although the game when it was Me, Dauth and Wiz VS Brad,AJ and AI was probaly the most unbalanced.

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 15 April 2009 - 12:58.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 13:22

View PostIon Cannon!, on 15 Apr 2009, 13:56, said:

Brothers Chaos, I like that.

Lots of lols that gave me - no matter how murderous you two might be :D

Once we forced the AI out of his base we barely had 5 minutes peace.

5 minutes is a hell of along time really :duh: I guess if we hadn't killed the orks + eldar attacking brad, he would have been pounded even more.

Yes, likely - he needed that time to rebuild quite desperately.

I am beginning to think I am being picked on :duh:

You've had the misfortune to spawn next to me, while not on my team. Although the game when it was Me, Dauth and Wiz VS Brad,AJ and AI was probaly the most unbalanced.

Poor Wiz. Then again that game was severely imbalanced - the weaker of the players combined with a rather stupid AI and the crons for Brad.... it couldn't have been won ever I don't think.

#14 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 13:25

Well he shouldn't pick random then. But your right, you didn't have a chance that game. Like I said, its sods law.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 13:28

Although in that poor 3v3 match up you did quite well AJ, even though you had 3 armies bearing down on your make shift base, you lasted longer than you should've done on paper.

#16 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 13:30

I had another army in the middle in case somehow he fended off our initial assault :D
Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 13:36

At the end of it my biggest problem was that I couldn't reach tier 2 due to each stronghold requiring the monastery upgrade. If I'd had managed to get some plasma weapons it'd have been a lot more difficult for you - but at the end of the day a CSM full squad > SM full squad with no upgrades.

#18 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:08

New replay.

Teams

Ion - Chaos, Brad - SM
VS
Dauth - Chaos, Wiz - SM.

Dauth and Wiz decided they had to rush me or die. I managed to damage Dauth's rush attack a bit, but when wiz turned up I was forced to run. I used one squad to kite their troops through my base, all the time being hit by the heavy bolter fire from my outposts. They started taking out my Chaos Temple. Then Brad turned up with cloaked snipers. These caused havoc, at the same time he was making more units and capping requisistion points and relics. I managed to get a squad away and reinforced them. Then made myself a nuisance. I also got a heretic away and using the forced labour managed to get a new chaos temple up very quick. When Dauth and Wiz rushed me they neglected to kill any of my outposts or cap them, so I was still getting a steady income. As soon as my temple was up I started making my lord again. By this time, we had map control. It wasn't long before the the rush was completely repelled and I started to rebuild. While I rebuilt Brad kept them isolated by taking up a defensive posistion outside of Wiz's base, while I reinforced that posistion and captured Dauth's relics.

Before long we had map almost entire map control, much higher tech levels and larger armies. We attacked Wiz, who was overwhelmed. During the attack Dauth tried to hit my posistion by sending his troops at my base. However one squad of raptors took work of them. Shortly after this Wiz was Destroyed and Dauth surrendered.

Attached File(s)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:15

Do I need DC to see this or will it work with SS?
Posted Image

#20 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:18

There are no DC only races in the replay. So i'm not really sure. However chaos and SM were both changed in SS. So I imagine you would need DC. You can try it with soulstorm though.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#21 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 20:21

The Brothers Chaos strike again. With added Brad.

Teams -

Ion, Chaos.
Dauth, Chaos.
Brad, SM.

VS

Wiz, SM.
General, Necrons.
Alias, Necrons.

Attached File(s)

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 19 April 2009 - 20:22.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#22 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 22:02

Just to wet peoples interest in the game:

SM on SM
SM on SM
Chaos on Crons

#23 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:33

We had a few great games last night, using some of the new maps. Here is a 3v3 - Me, Aftershock, AJ VS Dauth, Wizard and a hard AI.

Wizard and Dauth DT'd aftershock early on and AJ took out the hard AI making it 2v2. Dauth and Wizard then slowly advanced upon my base. However I had researched stealth marines first, which meant I could kill everything I wanted, until stealth detect showed up. Eventually their advance was defeated and as I had already teched up I was able to field a T3 army fairly fast capturing SP's as I went. While my army was on route to Wizards base Dauth crushed AJ's army and advanced on his base. I changed my target to Dauth and also sent a few defilers and troops to defend AJ. One of the troops later becoming the host for my bloodthirster. I managed to successfully defend AJ and also took out dauth's base. After eliminating Dauth I went after wizard, who was dispatched quickly. Good fun game. At one point I thought I was screwed..

To view this replay you will need to have the map pack installed - http://forum.cncrene...showtopic=31899

Attached File(s)

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 23 April 2009 - 10:34.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:44

If we'd had anyone of the guys who've been playing recently other than you Ion we would have won this. AJ and his detection failed under my attack :D

#25 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:16

Yup. You can see me telling AJ to advance, but he was scared of those two turrets :D He may have lost 10 troops, but reinf is there for a reason.
Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users