#1 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts
  • Projects: beta tester of world at war cnc and situation zero concept art

Posted 23 January 2009 - 13:26

Remember this?

Posted Image

Now it is made more bad-asser, with more detail.

Posted Image

Lore:

“The Russians had these principles to pick up the best type of machine wherever they could get it; to have only very few types; to construct the type as simply as possible; and then to produce these types in large quantities”
- General Fridolin Senger und Etterlin, commander of the 17th Panzer Division in the winter of 1942-43.

With a name like “behemoth”, the Russian superheavy tank developed by the Omsk machine plant is a terrifying weapons platform; and is the largest ever production heavy tank ever created, and no other equivalent has been created by any other faction. This monstrosity of a machine, is armed with a powerful 152mm main gun, which is stronger than weapons of lesser tanks. Additionally, it is armed with a coaxial 30mm cannon, 4 turret-mounted missiles, and a heavy commander controlled 14.5mm heavy machine gun. This makes the T-125 Behemoth a feared weapon on the battlefield. The crumbling of soil underneath the Behemoth’s hooked threads is enough to send shivers down the spine of even a veteran, be they American or Chinese. They know that they would have to employ all their resources to knock it out.

The Behemoth is now a vital tool is Russia’s propaganda efforts. Pictures of it slamming through walls in mass divisions bringing down everything are enough to evoke a sense of patriotism. However, this is mere propaganda. The 15-layer titanium armour, heavy weaponry makes the Behemoth incredibly expensive, and slow. Nonetheless, the Behemoth is the strength of the Russian army, for it is usually said to be the modern equivalent of the much feared German WW2 Tiger 2, one capable of destroying many opponents before being destroyed itself.

Edited by AZZKIKR, 14 February 2009 - 12:07.

Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#2 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 23 January 2009 - 13:40

It's beastly alright. Interesting date as well - you made a couple of references to WWII, so is it supposed to exist in this timeline? If so, it shouldn't have 30mm cannons and missiles as these are post-war innovations. Plus where are the other four missiles if it has eight?
While you've carried off the general feel of a Russian tank very well, with a nice round turret and a heavy chassis, there are a couple of design questions as well. The spikes on the front seem very unrealistic and quite implausible. Also the autoloader protrusion out of the back of the turret is a nice design touch but seems too large, as they can normally fit the autoloader inside the turret, and even given the fact that the gun is artillery calibre the tank has been scaled up to match. I'm not saying get rid of it but it does seem a tad large, and the detailing is good but it could probably do with a bit more.
All in all good stuff - like I said, the general feel is great, just a few things here and there.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 13:43

not so. A future war, with the russians contrasting it to WW2, RA2 style. This is to explain the multi-use of the Behemoth, as an all weapon's platform.

The design is loosely based on Western tanks, with the overhang, to reduce stress on the turret mounts.

Editted lore.

Edited by AZZKIKR, 24 January 2009 - 01:49.

Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#4 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:29

The barrel of the cannon does indeed look short.
Posted Image

#5 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:32

View PostAZZKIKR, on 24 Jan 2009, 0:43, said:

The design is loosely based on Western tanks, with the overhang, to reduce stress on the turret mounts.
If I might ask, how does a gigantic protrusion to the rear (which I will assume is heavily armoured since it contains vital parts of the ammunition supply and all) reduce stress on the mount? It almost looks like it's going to make the turret tip backwards at the moment.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 15:13

it balances the weight of the mighty gun. I editted the length of the protrusion.

Posted Image

and Zeus Tank WIP

Posted Image

Edited by AZZKIKR, 24 January 2009 - 15:30.

Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#7 pirate

The friendly scourge of the seven seas

• Project Leader
  • 1256 posts
  • Projects: GenerationX, Forgotten Fury, European Conflict and more

Posted 24 January 2009 - 16:31

your moddeling skills are vastly improving |8 however I suggest that before screenshotting it, making all opjects the same color, preferably white or grey or give all objects or give your objects a basic white or grey skin on top of that to get a nice edge effect |8
Proud leader of Forgotten Fury and co-leader of European Conflict

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:42

new behemoth, with something on front.

Editted lore slightly

Posted Image

Edited by AZZKIKR, 29 January 2009 - 12:37.

Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#9 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:27

Bump;

New Tesla Tank

Posted Image

MBT

Posted Image

BEHEMOTH!!!

Posted Image

Note: all are wip
Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#10 BeefJeRKy

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 17:34

That behemoth certainly looks better proportioned! Nice job. Kudos on the Tesla tank as well. As for that MBT, I like the idea of a dual turret (at least it looks so but those side cannons look like an after-thought. Ditch them I'd say for something more interesting like a metal storm grenade launcher.
Posted Image

#11 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:01

Oh look!

2S45 /enormous olga
Vid (not entire length. had to screenshot per frame as i don't know any software that can be used: Posted Image

Posted Image

Remade pskov

Posted Image

Mother Flakker

Posted Image

Edited by AZZKIKR, 14 February 2009 - 12:10.

Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#12 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:17

Bump.

A BTR-100.

Posted Image

Well, i need opinions. shud i choose the mada flaka or the btr as russian vehicle?
Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#13 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 00:55

triple post!

T-116 , replaces pskov. essentially a twin barrelled T-95
Posted Image

Updated BTR
Posted Image

TOS-2 WIP

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#14 BeefJeRKy

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:02

The turret on that T-116 looks daftly tiny I daresay and the treads seem too large compared to the body as a whole.
Posted Image

#15 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:12

well, the T-95 turret is unmanned, so there's no need to be big. in fact, i based it on this Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#16 BeefJeRKy

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:19

I'd say it still needs a bit more size. It has to do with proportion. Maybe if the tank's profile was overall lower and sleeker it would look better?
Posted Image

#17 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:39

alrite then. i increased size of turret
Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#18 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:34

double post
Posted Image

my first ever drawing of a plane
Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#19 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:07

That's one too many rivets don't you think? |8 Looks like a makeshift plane, though. Try to refine it a little, I'm sure it'll turn out good. Nose-mounted intakes are old, underslung or side ones look better, really. At least you wouldn't have bullets flying into your propulsion, yes? :P
Posted Image

#20 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days, DTU Donutin Council Co-Chairman

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:36

I have a feeling it is meant to look like an early Cold War piece. Nice drawing nonetheless.

Edited by Moomin, 22 March 2009 - 10:57.

#21 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 13:37

well actually, i suck in drawing planes. this was an idea for an interceptor, where everything was designed to be as streamlined as possible. something russian-ish that can mass produce
Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#22 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 13:50

There was actually a real MiG-9, and it looked quite similar, though canards were something of a later invention and it had no missiles. A minor note; the compressor blades in jet engines were never right at the nose even in designs with a nose intake; rather the engine itself is usually well to the rear of the fighter in order to allow enough room to get a pilot and systems in. The MiG-9 also had a rather monstrous 37mm cannon in the middle of the intake as its designing feature if you wanted to take an interesting weapon from real life. Regardless, not bad, but I'd say to work on keeping your lines straight on the inside especially, though the exterior shape is generally good. Nice nose decals.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:52

a better T-116.Armed with a 135mm gun and coaxial 30mm grenade launcher on a small unmanned turret
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#24 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:26

double post

A desolator vehicle but is essentially a fog machine on steroids

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#25 BeefJeRKy

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:29

That T-116 looks much improved :/ I like the new Turret. And that Desolator seems good too. Not sure exactly how it works...
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users