12 replies to this topic

#1 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:32

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Live/...nanchorage.aspx

Have fun.

Edited by Høbbesy, 29 January 2009 - 01:33.

#2 AllStarZ

Pretentious Prick

• 7083 posts
  • Projects: Pricking around Pretentiously

Posted 29 January 2009 - 21:08

Somewhat disappointing. It's too linear, lacks interactivity and if you're a high enough level, you pretty much cleave right through it. As my current character, I pretty much bare-knuckled my way through the mission. It also adds a ton of new bugs. The only saving graces are the loot, and the alternative way to get Power Armour training. Not worth the download and the hassle of signing up with Windows Live.

BOOOOOOOOOOOO...

Edited by AllStarZ, 29 January 2009 - 21:13.

#3 amazin

E-Studios resident XBOX360 (not computer) player

• 1483 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 23:28

i was not disappointed, i mean it added about 3 hours to the game, some realy good loot, plus the parts where you can create and lead squad are pretty unique and fun

i do agree that it was way too linear though, kinda strange compared to the rest of the game.

the only part where you can choose is when you can attack the tank depot or listening post first

#4 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:48

But is it really worth $10?

#5 Comr4de

DO IT MAGGOT

• Gold Member
  • 5630 posts
  • Projects: SWR Productions

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:01

View PostHøbbesy, on 29 Jan 2009, 20:48, said:

But is it really worth $10?

I'm going to guess yes.

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome
Posted Image

#6 MR.Kim

Insane Solider

• Member Test
  • 2740 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:14

Yup, 800 points are exactly $10.

#7 amazin

• 1483 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:31

he meant in terms of value (gameplay and such)

it could have been much better (Only 3 new weapons =(, Gauss, Shocksword, and Trench Knife), but it is worth getting IMO

#8 NergiZed

^^^ Pronouced like the battery brand ^^^

• 2992 posts
  • Projects: Shockwave and Rise of the Reds

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:48

You Get A NINJA SUIT! So I guess the question is: are ninjas worth more than $10? Yes, yes they are.

Also, has anyone found it to be a little buggy? It seems to crash more when I have anchorage activated. =(

(I know this a mild necro, but there's nothing really going on in this forum, and this topic was of mild interest).

Edited by NergiZed, 19 February 2009 - 03:50.

#9 Dr. Strangelove

Grand Poobah and Lord High Everything Else

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts
  • Projects: Where parallels meet.

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:53

I found the whole thing massively disappointing. I was expecting epic battles and in depth squad control. It seems to me the entire simulation was added only as an excuse to pt in all those of those goodies. By the way, although the Nano-SuitHei Gui armor and gauss rifle are really, REALLY fun, getting them, a suit of un-degradable T-51b, quite possibly the best melee weapon in the game and power armor training all at once totally breaks the game. Then again, I definitely can't say Fallout 2 wasn't immune to this, having fast-talked Chris with nothing to my name more valuable than a 10mm pistol.
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#10 amazin

• 1483 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 18:33

did anybody find the exploit with the ninja suit?

when wearing it, you can wear all the headwear you want at the same time... it doesnt add to your DR but all the bonuses stay!

#11 NergiZed

^^^ Pronouced like the battery brand ^^^

• 2992 posts
  • Projects: Shockwave and Rise of the Reds

Posted 19 February 2009 - 21:31

View PostDr. Strangelove, on 19 Feb 2009, 8:53, said:

I found the whole thing massively disappointing. I was expecting epic battles and in depth squad control. It seems to me the entire simulation was added only as an excuse to pt in all those of those goodies. By the way, although the Nano-SuitHei Gui armor and gauss rifle are really, REALLY fun, getting them, a suit of un-degradable T-51b, quite possibly the best melee weapon in the game and power armor training all at once totally breaks the game. Then again, I definitely can't say Fallout 2 wasn't immune to this, having fast-talked Chris with nothing to my name more valuable than a 10mm pistol.

It definately was just an excuse to add those things, but it wouldn't really be fair, or rather you feeling any achievment, if you bought the expansion and a bunch of goodies just appeared in your inventory for no good reason. I think it was necessary, but the simulation could've been better.

Also, if you get all 10 suitcases, you get the ninja perk, which is probably the best thing in the entire package methinks. =P

#12 DerKrieger

Hillbilly Gun Nut

• 1758 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 21:55

I'd buy this in a heartbeat if I could just buy it off Steam or in a store. I don't like having to sign up for Windows Live and paying in some contrived Microsoft Point bullshit.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Dr. Strangelove

Grand Poobah and Lord High Everything Else

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts
  • Projects: Where parallels meet.

Posted 19 February 2009 - 23:46

There is a glitch that lets you keep your entire inventory in the simulation.
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users