#26 Nid

Human Being number 80446219302

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:39

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 10 Feb 2009, 11:15, said:

View PostNidmeister, on 9 Feb 2009, 23:16, said:

The buzz?
Drug abuse tends to put people on a high while it is in their system, after it leaves the system however it's a different story, which is why, I would assume, they turn to drugs again to put themselves on that high point.

of course for the buzz lol
by the time that they normally reach that age which is probably 15 they know through school and TV ads that drugs stuff you up but they still take it regardless

Have you not taken into consideration an average teenager's general tendancy NOT to listen to what people tell them.

Or have you somehow managed to skip puberty.
Perhaps you havent even reached it yet.
Posted Image

#27 WNxMastrefubu

Man, myth, and legend

• 1136 posts
  • Projects: diji

Posted 11 February 2009 - 02:59

Although many teenagers dont listen to others, they themselves still know what is right and wrong, and know the consequences of their actions. it had been preached to them for years before.
Attached Image

#28 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:23

View PostWNxmastrefubu, on 11 Feb 2009, 11:59, said:

Although many teenagers dont listen to others, they themselves still know what is right and wrong, and know the consequences of their actions. it had been preached to them for years before.

lol thats my point exactly Nidmeister and puberty has nothing to do with drugs you should know that dumbshit XD

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#29 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:32

Major Fuckup please do NOT instigate a flame war or you will have to face the consequences.
Posted Image

#30 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:01

ok ma bad

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#31 Ghostrider

Duly Appointed Federal Marshal

• Project Team
  • 991 posts
  • Projects: The Pants Party, Irradiated Inc.

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:02

View PostWNxmastrefubu, on 10 Feb 2009, 21:59, said:

Maybe in most communities you've been in. In the communities where drugs are a problem, however, it's common that the teenagers didn't see drugs as wronly as they should have. I blame failure in the community/parents if there's an ongoing drug problem with an individual.
Posted Image
AJ is responsible for this signature masterpiece... if you see him, tell him I say thanks.
Posted Image

#32 Nid

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:31

Puberty has alot to do with drugs actually.
You can start smoking weed at any time of your life, but you're probably the most vulnerable at that point between childhood and adulthood, where you can think for yourself but don't think the consequences through thoroughly, you're just trying to find the place where you fit into society. It's that time of your life that really decides your future.
You have even said yourself you're fed up of these teenagers in the news and would be happier if they died because of their "dumbass" behaviour.
Really you're just bieng self contradictory now in telling me that puberty has nothing to do with it.
Posted Image

#33 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:09

View PostNidmeister, on 11 Feb 2009, 19:31, said:

Puberty has alot to do with drugs actually.
You can start smoking weed at any time of your life, but you're probably the most vulnerable at that point between childhood and adulthood, where you can think for yourself but don't think the consequences through thoroughly, you're just trying to find the place where you fit into society. It's that time of your life that really decides your future.
You have even said yourself you're fed up of these teenagers in the news and would be happier if they died because of their "dumbass" behaviour.
Really you're just bieng self contradictory now in telling me that puberty has nothing to do with it.

any one can be in that situation its called a mid life crisis lol
and some of what you said doesn't make any sense, any one old and young can still not think the consequences through thoroughly and end up harming them selves.
Puberty has nothing to do with decision making your hormones aint telling you to shoot up on something you just happen to be at that age where boundaries open up and you have more freedom chemicals, hormones have nothing to do with it so im afraid you have contradicted your self my friend over trying to accuse me of contradictory-isim lol :sly:
when you went through puberty was your brain telling you to go and get drugs or was your hormones saying hash,hash,hash,hash,hash,hash,hash,hash,hash,hash,hash my brain didn't tell me to go and get shitfaced wednesday

#34 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:21

You'll find that during puberty you are far more concerned to follow a crowd and give in to the allure of drugs more so than an adult would do. Puberty is really everybodies first journey into the real world, where drugs, misery, poverty, pain, disease and anguish exist. As a child these things are alien to you. Puberty would be the time when you discover them and you are not mentally strong enough to either realise the consequences or not wise enough to understand them.

It wouldn't be your hormones that drive you to drugs, and to suggest that is simply bloody purile. Puberty is not just a physological stage in a persons development, although it is usually termed that, but an era in your life when you develop a wider sense of the world and what is in it.

#35 Nid

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:39

Tbh I think I made perfect sense, and I would like to see you point out where I am bieng self contradictory. I don't really see it myself.

and some of what you said doesn't make any sense, any one old and young can still not think the consequences through thoroughly and end up harming them selves.

I already answered that:

You can start smoking weed at any time of your life

(weed bieng the example, representing any drug)
To expand on that, at no point did I say that you had to be a teenager to not think things through. I am, however, saying that it is probably one of the most vulnerable times of you life, because you are still developing both physically and mentally, which is where the decision making aspect comes in that will decide the outcome of the rest of your life.

Puberty has nothing to do with decision making your hormones aint telling you to shoot up on something you just happen to be at that age where boundaries open up and you have more freedom chemicals

What the hell are freedom chemicals?

And please, point me to where I said anything about hormones at all.

when you went through puberty was your brain telling you to go and get drugs or was your hormones saying hash,hash,hash,hash,hash,hash,hash,hash,hash,hash,hash my brain didn't tell me to go and get shitfaced wednesday

I'd be lying if I said I haven't done a drug before, but I havent made a habit out of it, and have nad no desire to since. The only thing that drove me to it was curiosity, with a pinch of peer pressure.

Back to the argument at hand though, Wizard appears to have worded it better than I have.
Posted Image

#36 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:55

View PostNidmeister, on 11 Feb 2009, 20:39, said:

Tbh I think I made perfect sense, and I would like to see you point out where I am bieng self contradictory. I don't really see it myself.

I already answered that:

You can start smoking weed at any time of your life

(weed bieng the example, representing any drug)
To expand on that, at no point did I say that you had to be a teenager to not think things through. I am, however, saying that it is probably one of the most vulnerable times of you life, because you are still developing both physically and mentally, which is where the decision making aspect comes in that will decide the outcome of the rest of your life.

Puberty has nothing to do with decision making your hormones aint telling you to shoot up on something you just happen to be at that age where boundaries open up and you have more freedom chemicals

What the hell are freedom chemicals?

And please, point me to where I said anything about hormones at all.

I'd be lying if I said I haven't done a drug before, but I havent made a habit out of it, and have nad no desire to since. The only thing that drove me to it was curiosity, with a pinch of peer pressure.

Back to the argument at hand though, Wizard appears to have worded it better than I have.

no i meant freedom full stop then chemicals
and yer Wizard written that in a way that im having a hard time trying to make a response for. Wizard i will keep you posted some how or maybe not lol
there has also been criticism over the volunteer paramedic who treated her, its becoming a blame game and to night they show bits of the funeral and the media are still milking it

#37 Ghostrider

Duly Appointed Federal Marshal

• Project Team
  • 991 posts
  • Projects: The Pants Party, Irradiated Inc.

Posted 11 February 2009 - 15:57

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 11 Feb 2009, 6:09, said:

Puberty has nothing to do with decision making your hormones aint telling you to shoot up on something you just happen to be at that age where boundaries open up and you have more freedom chemicals, hormones have nothing to do with it

On the contrary, hormones definitely affect decision making. There was a very large survey where a group studied the decisions of men vs. women (i.e. estrogen vs. testosterone), and here are the results:

"It was found that men are perceived to make decisions quickly (82% applies to men, 48% to women), and are risk-oriented (81% applies to men, 53% to women). They tend to be more externally focused, paying "too much attention to what competitors are doing" (56% to men, 43% to women), and short-term oriented (67% to men, 46% to women)."

When there is a large quantity of hormones in a person (as are present when a person is a teenager), they are more apt to make brash/"stir of the moment" decisions. The more hormones a person has, the higher the chance of this.
:sly:
Posted Image
AJ is responsible for this signature masterpiece... if you see him, tell him I say thanks.
Posted Image

#38 Mr. Mylo

The Transporter

• Project Team
  • 2334 posts
  • Projects: CnC Unleashed; CnC The Rise of the Reds

Posted 11 February 2009 - 21:58

Nobody deservers death because he went the wrong paths, but it shouldn't be such a hit in the media.

Mr. Mylo
Posted Image
sig by the_Dr - you are the best
Posted Image
here look at my artwork: KLICK ME
Posted Image

#39 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 14:17

lol your going to love this i was watching the new tonight and a 17 year old girl a red P plater got drunk with friends and lost control of her car and went into a tree and killed her self and her friend is in a critical condition in hospitable and the media being the media is going to make a big sappy thing out of this just you wait! :sly:

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/local/5316399...ad-people-cars/

edit:spelling 8|

Edited by Major Fuckup, 12 February 2009 - 14:18.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users