30 replies to this topic

#1 Alexei_Stukov

The Knowledge is the Best Expirience

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days

Posted 05 February 2009 - 20:54

Hello my friends.
Tonight is the night of the USA laser weapons.
Here is the heavy laser system which name I hope you will suggest :D
Posted Image

Hope you will like it and will suggest name for that thing 8|
bye

#2 edsato82

Professional

• 317 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 21:03

JOJOJO Beautiful Beautiful, very interesting unit.
Posted Image Thanks Kid
Posted Image Thanks Abourror

#3 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 05 February 2009 - 21:19

thats certainly very different, great model, skin is a bit off imo

as for name... something realistic sounding would be fitting

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Brad

Quick! STAB YOURSELF FOR SAFETY!

• Member Test
  • 1467 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 21:22

I like the model, highly detailed, and nice skin.
Would be nice to see the laser off the truck and mabye some in-game action :D

As for the name.... Well, my creative mind is currently busy elsewhere, perhaps someone else will suggets one ;D
You almost did, didn't you?

#5 TunguskaM1

Regular

• Project Team
  • 187 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 21:22

Its a very nice unit. The name could be "Leviathan" Laser System or something.

#6 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 21:25

"Beam Truck ready for dispatch" :D

Looks like a interesting unit to use, i like the spare wheel on the side.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#7 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 05 February 2009 - 21:40

Cool unit you made :D.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#8 MR.Kim

Insane Solider

• Member Test
  • 2740 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 21:43

Very nice model indeed.

About name... I don't know. Maybe, P.L.T.(Prism Laser Truck):D.

#9 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 05 February 2009 - 22:20

As for the name, Talon would be appropriate; it's the name of Northrop Grumman's MTHEL concept, though the BAE Vehicle Systems chassis it uses is quite different to the one you have here. Other laser names include Skyguard and the fictional Razor.

As for the unit itself, it's certainly nice; the model's economical but effective, and the skin hits the spot mostly, but as Pav3d has said, I think there are a couple of elements which look just a little out. The front windows for example look too large and shiny and yet featureless; I'd suggest slatted blinds such as those on the M270 MLRS just to make them a little more interesting and a little more 'combat hardened'. I'm also not 100% on the laser emitter itself; the 'barrel' of the reflector seems too squashed, plus it doesn't appear to be able to elevate - can it in fact do this? I'd lean toward something closer to the actual THEL emitter, though it remains, as always, entirely your prerogative.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 NergiZed

^^^ Pronouced like the battery brand ^^^

• 2992 posts
  • Projects: Shockwave and Rise of the Reds

Posted 05 February 2009 - 22:31

Very cool unit, like it lots, and is prolly what a real near-future laser weapon would look like.

I'll ramble off a few names that I think are fitting: 'Gazer', 'Helios', 'Artemis', or 'Wraith' - laser system.

#11 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:02

Call it the "Helios" laser as it burns with the strength of the sun.
Posted Image

#12 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:32

Not very USA-sounding though IMHO.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:39

Looks a bit too much like a transport/supply/equipment truck than a combat vehicle. I mean if it was a stationary defensive-style unit, then sure. But I don't see a thing like this going up against other combat vehicles in any way. =\

-Rorschach

#14 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:38

It will be very powerful laser system so that's why it need big power to supply. Olso the truck is from real life and I think that the skin and the model are good. the turret can turn and the unit need to be deployed. I don't know what some of you mean the skin is a little bit OFF????
The windows are too large? Have you seen the real vehicle ? The skin is almost 100 % closed to the MLRS just the camera is set very close to the model :D
If you have more suggestions lets heard them 8|

#15 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:46

Try dirtying it up and putting slats over the windows would be my initial suggestions. The wheels look way too clean, the windows too shiny.

Also, the skin is HIGHLY symmetrical. I'd say you should do away with some of the symmetry.

-Rorschach

Edited by Rorschach, 06 February 2009 - 05:47.

#16 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:51

View PostAlexei_Stukov, on 6 Feb 2009, 16:38, said:

The windows are too large? Have you seen the real vehicle ?
Yes, I have, but it is as Rorschach says not a combat vehicle but rather a supply carrier. If the vehicle were to be deployed in front-line combat as the example you're using is, then it would almost certainly be 'ruggedised' and hardened with protective features for the crew. Simple blinds to make it harder for the windows to be shot out would seem the obvious example, that's all.
Also, it's obvious the turret can turn, but can it aim up and down? Is it used to attack aircraft and the like?

Edited by CommanderJB, 06 February 2009 - 05:54.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:00

The wheels will be changes because they use russian skin :D Tomorrow I'll create new.
It is only ground attack with big range.

#18 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:04

Cool, no real issues with the turret design then.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:58

Also my point is this unit to be support for the front line. Powerful beam attack from big range but very easy to get killed.

#20 Anubis

Lord of the Underworld

• Project Leader
  • 1259 posts
  • Projects: MGS projects.

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:36

Wow ... excelent ideea using a truck with a laser system. Looks great. My only suggestion is to add grills on every window since it is something highly used by usa vehicles . Something like this : http://www.armyrecognition.com/Amerique_du...MRLS_USA_44.jpg . It would be logical since it offers more protection to the crew and also would add a more militaristic feel to it. Except for the windows everything else looks awsome. Now you need to think of a design for an anti-air laser system :read: .

Edit: name - The Sunflare Laser System ( SLS ).

Edited by Anubis, 06 February 2009 - 09:39.

#21 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:12

I'll see what can I do but in main way it will stay like it is :read:

#22 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 06 February 2009 - 13:34

View PostAlexei_Stukov, on 6 Feb 2009, 5:38, said:

I don't know what some of you mean the skin is a little bit OFF????

One of the windows looks streched, or the refelection is too much
Also there is just not enough shadow which makes it look rather plain, it worked alright for the MRLS since it was a simple model, but since this has more edges and parts imo it isnt fitting
But like I said, I love the model

Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 Alexei_Stukov

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 13:50

OK I'll add more dusty and dirty parts and shadows but not too much :read:

#24 Mr. Mylo

The Transporter

• Project Team
  • 2334 posts
  • Projects: CnC Unleashed; CnC The Rise of the Reds

Posted 06 February 2009 - 13:53

cool unit, more mud is needed and I am not a fan of the windows... anyway keep em coming
Posted Image
sig by the_Dr - you are the best
Posted Image
here look at my artwork: KLICK ME
Posted Image

#25 zatev

Casual

• Project Team
  • 61 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days (INI-coder)

Posted 06 February 2009 - 16:06

It's well done Alexei, I like it

For the name I thought it would be nice to name it after an American General, like the Bradley, the Abrams and the Patton are. So I searched a bit on Wikipedia and came up with Mark Wayne Clark. As far as I know this name is never given to an unit so IMO it could fit well.

...The rules for both chess and war remain the same: attack, defend, capture, and sacrifice. Win at all costs...
...There are 10 types of people, people who can count binairy and those who can not...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users