USA media update 04

30 replies to this topic

#26 Someone

Casual

• 70 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 20:06

Wow. One of the best Generals mod units I have seen. This is what the game is all about – units that may be fictional, but something you would expect to see in the near future. Alexei_Stukov, your talents astonish me more and more with each update :P .

View Postzatev, on 6 Feb 2009, 17:06, said:

For the name I thought it would be nice to name it after an American General, like the Bradley, the Abrams and the Patton are. So I searched a bit on Wikipedia and came up with Mark Wayne Clark. As far as I know this name is never given to an unit so IMO it could fit well.

I would not recommend that. As far as I know, only American tanks and IFVs are named after USA generals (and only after cavalry generals at that).

I think that “Helios” would be appropriate; so would “Apollo”.
“Tonatiuh”, an Aztec sun god, is another possible name.
“Phoenix”, although not a sun god, seems like an appropriate title for a “laser artillery” unit.
If you like the idea of naming the unit after a sun deity but do not like the current suggestions, see this link provides a list of sun gods from various parts of the world.

Other possible names:

“Talon”, as suggested by CommanderJB, seems interesting.
For some reason, the word “Scar” came to mind when thinking of a name for the unit – perhaps because it “scars” anyone that challenge it :read: ?

Edited by Someone, 06 February 2009 - 20:07.

#27 WNxMastrefubu

Man, myth, and legend

• 1136 posts
  • Projects: diji

Posted 06 February 2009 - 22:54

Amazing model! as for name, Mobile "Flash" Laser operating system is my idea
Attached Image

#28 Alexei_Stukov

The Knowledge is the Best Expirience

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:09

here is the redone vehicle :read:

Attached File(s)

#29 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:32

Even better than before - the rest of the skin is absolutely perfect now. Great stuff.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 partyzanpaulzy

Professional

• 316 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 13:59

:omfg:
Posted Image
(I'm making RA2YR mod, check Revora Forums for more info)
Posted Image
Posted Image
+ equivalents :p

#31 Alexei_Stukov

The Knowledge is the Best Expirience

• Project Leader
  • 833 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:43

Today you will see a new update :omfg:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users