#26 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 13 February 2009 - 18:21

View PostWizard, on 11 Feb 2009, 16:41, said:

View PostAJ, on 11 Feb 2009, 16:35, said:

Oh, and on a related topic - hidden moderation (hence the bold above). There have been several threads recently that have been locked without any reasoning at all. Fair enough, there was probably a good reason behind it, but if you're moderating that surely requires honesty if you perform your duties - not locking and jumping off elsewhere. If moderation is performed in a public area, it'd be nice to see some reasoning behind it, or even just being told that the thread has been locked, as has happened until recently. Just a minor gripe - but one wonders why this is happening - as a moderator surely you must be confident/honest enough to show that you're doing your duties in a public area? Note I am not saying that every moderator action has to be written down, but ones that the public can see normally should be noted - it seems only right.

I haven't noticed these, whilst this is not the place, feel free to PM me the ones in particular and I/we will look into it. A locked topic should come with a reason.

Back to issue at hand. I have only ever logged on as invisible during the strike and personally don't see the point as no one here every bothers to bother me 8| /feeling left out :duh:

So THATS who the one "annonymous" member was during the strike the entire time!

I knew it was a staffer :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#27 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:03

There were about six of us most of the time...

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 Kerensky287

Visitor

• 21 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:04

I don't see why you'd sign in as hidden, but I'm sure the people who do have good reasons for doing so. Afraid of stalkers, perhaps...?

I never sign in as hidden on forums, though. I've done in on messenger programs but it's generally because there's somebody I either don't want to talk to or don't want to reveal my presence to. It seems rude, but it's more polite than saying "Dude(tte), I don't want to talk to you right now, GTFO." On forums, you don't have that problem because if someone sends you a PM or sees you online, you can just act like maybe the window was open in the background or it didn't log you out properly or something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users