Being a man

58 replies to this topic

#51 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 16:26

What kind of situation have you ever been in that allowed you to fight for the greater good, or to better "the people"? :D

Edited by Golan, 23 April 2009 - 16:33.

Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#52 SorataZ

Professional

• 347 posts
  • Projects: For the hunt I sharpen my claws.

Posted 23 April 2009 - 16:38

Probably one of those situations where a girl gets attacked by some hip hoppers with guns and knifes and you stand there thinking 'Damn what can I do?', happened to me once when I was in the bus at night and I could not help either...

#53 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 23 April 2009 - 19:22

I would say my feelings or self preservation kick in far faster than feelings of justice. Playing the hero often gets you hurt...
Posted Image

#54 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 22:13

And the tug with guns and knives probably won't have problems to down an annoying male when they are as relentless to assail defenceless females...

So unless you are Transporters' Jason Statham, most people would probably not act the hero.
Posted Image

#55 ultimentra

Professional

• 358 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 23:32

I am not talking about being a hero, excuse my words if it seemed that way. I just hate it when people are selfish. Its true that all of us are in one way or another and in varying amounts, but I know some people who take it to an extreme.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#56 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:18

View PostScope, on 24 Apr 2009, 3:22, said:

Playing the hero often gets you hurt...

thats why i like being an anti-hero in most situations the anti-hero doesn't do much work to get the results needed nor does he put him self in harms way and take advantage of every opportunity that prevents its self.

talking about heroism what would you do in this situation?
a homeless guy is on the floor getting kicked and beaten by a junkie on withdrawal what would you do?

me i wouldn't necessarily jump in straight away i would let the beating continue while i find something really solid in the immediate area like a brick to belt the junkie. thats what i would do. what would you do jump in risking life and limb for the homeless guy or go some other way?

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#57 ultimentra

Professional

• 358 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:43

What I would do is heavily subjective. It all depends on who, what, and how much is in the immediate area.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#58 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:25

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 25 Apr 2009, 3:18, said:

View PostScope, on 24 Apr 2009, 3:22, said:

Playing the hero often gets you hurt...

thats why i like being an anti-hero in most situations the anti-hero doesn't do much work to get the results needed nor does he put him self in harms way and take advantage of every opportunity that prevents its self.

talking about heroism what would you do in this situation?
a homeless guy is on the floor getting kicked and beaten by a junkie on withdrawal what would you do?

me i wouldn't necessarily jump in straight away i would let the beating continue while i find something really solid in the immediate area like a brick to belt the junkie. thats what i would do. what would you do jump in risking life and limb for the homeless guy or go some other way?

Seeing that you apparently don't have any experience with such things, using a brick to fight someone who is initially focused on another target (if you can pull it off) would most likely result in you killing him by either smashing his intestines or splattering his brain all over the wall.

If you feel that in this world there might be a situation in which you are required to help someone by physically fighting, why not exercise yourself and train hand-to-hand combat? There are several legal martial art styles that are geared towards such situations instead of competitive fights, like Krav Maga.

Edited by Golan, 25 April 2009 - 08:26.

Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#59 SorataZ

Professional

• 347 posts
  • Projects: For the hunt I sharpen my claws.

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:45

You could also call the police or use a taser ot something... as long as do you have one and do not kill them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users