Dreams

34 replies to this topic

#26 Nid

Human Being number 80446219302

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 17:49

My dreams always seem a bit ambitious for them to come true, making the concept of dejavu rather rare to me.
However, things arent always impossible.
I've dreamed things happening between me and a girl who lives on the other side of the country and I have only met her once or twice I think. But if it happens one day, well, I'll be bamboozled.

Edited by Nidmeister, 14 February 2009 - 17:50.

Posted Image

#27 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:11

I get the deja vu thing, seeing things in a dream exactly as they are, then seeing them in RL days, weeks ect later alot. I have also had one of those dreams you described Major, I could feel everything and it felt entirely real, so real in fact that when I woke up I thought the RL was the dream, because in the dream I had just gone to sleep.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:36

In most dreams you actually do think if it's realy unless you are a trained lucid dreamer. I have attempted to get that far but it requires too much practise and I am too much of a lazy person when sleeping to try and control my sleep.

It is fun to do though if it happens randomly.
Posted Image

#29 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:59

View PostInsomniac!, on 15 Feb 2009, 10:11, said:

I get the deja vu thing, seeing things in a dream exactly as they are, then seeing them in RL days, weeks ect later alot. I have also had one of those dreams you described Major, I could feel everything and it felt entirely real, so real in fact that when I woke up I thought the RL was the dream, because in the dream I had just gone to sleep.

yer waking up is plain eerie i find it hard when i have a dream like that it takes a few minutes to realize that im awake
but the thing with my rampage dream i loosely described but this dream happened before christmas and i can remember every detail from when i left the freeway to when i stopped in the intersection near the ADFR building and let loose

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#30 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 16:09

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 15 Feb 2009, 12:59, said:

yer waking up is plain eerie i find it hard when i have a dream like that it takes a few minutes to realize that im awake
Ha, once, I woke up, and thinking I was actually going to bed instead of waking up, I set my alarm clock to some random time and then stepped into bed again, fully oblivious of the fact I just climbed out of bed.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#31 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 16:24

I woke up thinking that I missed school, around 6PM. I sat up and went OHSHI- For a few minutes I reasoned with myself how did I sleep from 12AM to 6PM without my parents and sisters waking me up. Then I realized when I reached home I fell asleep on the floor of the living room...sigh.
Posted Image

#32 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 13:38

View PostChyros, on 16 Feb 2009, 1:09, said:

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 15 Feb 2009, 12:59, said:

Ha, once, I woke up, and thinking I was actually going to bed instead of waking up, I set my alarm clock to some random time and then stepped into bed again, fully oblivious of the fact I just climbed out of bed.

when i woke from by the time i had realized it i was in the kitchen drinking some water.... wait im in the kitchen drinking water wtf lol
and may i say LOL sleeping on the living room floor ad least you may had some comfort from carpet what you never should try is driving home from the pub drunk and decide to go to sleep on the bonnet of your car no matter how warm it is because when i woke up in pain at roughly 4:30am from being tangled in my roo bar and having the blood circulation cut from my right arm and leg i had to wriggle and squirm and bend joins that i didn't think possible only to fall on my head on the hard concrete floor which gave me a splitting head ache when the alcohol didn't XD

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#33 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:47

View PostAftershock, on 15 Feb 2009, 2:36, said:

In most dreams you actually do think if it's realy unless you are a trained lucid dreamer. I have attempted to get that far but it requires too much practise and I am too much of a lazy person when sleeping to try and control my sleep.

It is fun to do though if it happens randomly.

Lucid dreaming is pretty awesome, but being a "trained" one feels more like a novelty than anything else.
----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#34 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 14:41

yer just lay there and think of somethin and fall asleep thinking of it if that makes u dream lol XD

#35 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 17 February 2009 - 23:35

Yeah today I "fell" into a dream. I was thinking about a possible scenario in summer and sort of "stumbled" into sleep and ended up nearly missing my econ class (i.e. I had to skip Breakfast).
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users