Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 confirmed

691 replies to this topic

#1 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:35

http://au.pc.ign.com...6/966508p1.html
And the more interesting bit, the reveal trailer:
http://www.gametrail...ayer/47178.html

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 E.V.E.

Femme Fatale Of The Army

• Gold Member
  • 6564 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:40

Great News!
That will be sooner than I expected and the Teaser is good looking aswell.

Soon the time will come where I can knife Thezzy's and Stinger's Azzes ... again!

- E.V.E.

Posted Image

#3 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:43

I liked the trailer. Also interesting release date :P
Posted Image

#4 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:58

CoD4 was great. Even if they just manage to make this one just as good, I'll be happy. To hell with M1 Garands and MP40s.
Since I might not be around to buy it myself, I'll just tell my mates to get me an English copy for my birthday.

Edited by Rayburn, 26 March 2009 - 08:14.

#5 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:22

Oooooh yeeeeaaaaaaaah

Really great news

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Wanderer

Lurking around since 2005

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:52

It's refreshing to see some modern fps games too, not just futuristic or WW2. COD4 managed to really nail the gameplay. The ability to make your own loadout, choose your perks makes it really fun :P and the fact that things aren't 100% bulletproof makes playing even more interesting. there is nothing more satisfying than drilling through a piece of concrete to hit a running guy in the head.
I'm really looking forward to getting MW2 and to start collecting and trying out different things

Edited by Wanderer, 26 March 2009 - 08:53.

#7 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:00

The trailer was... obscure, to say the least.

But it sure as hell was stylish and slick. The new logos are already looking awesome.
----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#8 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:41

This just in: Perks ruined the game beyond repair

I just love how stupid these people are. Makes me appreciate the politeness and maturity of this place anytime.

#9 RaiDK

I have an Energon Axe. Your argument is invalid.

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:48

Perks were, in my mind, the best thing to happen to multiplayer gaming since the loadout screen. So much customisation in multiplayer!

That being said, CoD4's weren't super balanced. But that can be fixed.

View PostMasonicon, on 17 Oct 2009, 13:44, said:

According to Conspiracy theories in internet, sci-fi and fantasy are real!

#10 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:52

I never bothered playing anything other than hardcore mode because Juggernaut doesn't mean shite there.
The only thing that pisses me off is Martyr. Never used it myself but damn, it's so bloody cheap.

Actually, it'd be a great step forward if they just removed bunny hopping and drop shooting.

Edited by Rayburn, 26 March 2009 - 10:53.

#11 RaiDK

I have an Energon Axe. Your argument is invalid.

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:09

Martyrdom was insane. It'd be ok if the grenade had like a 10 second timer, but as was it was pretty well a suicide bomber perk.

View PostMasonicon, on 17 Oct 2009, 13:44, said:

According to Conspiracy theories in internet, sci-fi and fantasy are real!

#12 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:12

To begin with, Martyrdom should only be triggered if you haven't thrown both of your two grenades yet.

Edited by Rayburn, 26 March 2009 - 11:13.

#13 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:15

Did I hear Daniel Craig?

I could've swore it was him speaking in that trailer...

#14 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:04

The probability I will get MW2 is maximally huge in all dimensions :P .

View PostRayburn, on 26 Mar 2009, 12:41, said:

This just in: Perks ruined the game beyond repair

I just love how stupid these people are. Makes me appreciate the politeness and maturity of this place anytime.
I do agree with him that Stopping Power and Juggernaut, or any perks for that matter that modify base weapon damage, should be removed. There simply isn't a good reason to choose anything else, and they kill the game somewhat. Especially for snipers. If they pull that "ooh, you can't one-shot me, I'm a juggernaut!" bullshit again, I will be... annoyed.

View PostRayburn, on 26 Mar 2009, 12:52, said:

I never bothered playing anything other than hardcore mode because Juggernaut doesn't mean shite there.
The only thing that pisses me off is Martyr. Never used it myself but damn, it's so bloody cheap.

Actually, it'd be a great step forward if they just removed bunny hopping and drop shooting.
Martyrdom is one of the least effective 3rd perks in the game, actually. It's near-worthless except in some gametypes like domination or headquarters. The effect can be quite easily replicated by just grabbing a nade before you die, which I always do. Doesn't cost you your 3rd perk and still puts the heat on. I agree fully on the bunny hopping thing though, they make me wanna revive the Bunnies Must Die Foundation.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:10

Of course Martyrdom isn't really 'effective'; it's more of the annoying variety because some people BELIEVE it's effective which results in many people using it which increases the risk of getting killed by it through some dumb error (Get out of my way, stupid teammate, there's a grena- *dead*). As for Stopping Power and Juggernaut, they don't mean much in HC mode because most weapons simply kill you in =<4 hits anyway, with or without it.

Edited by Rayburn, 26 March 2009 - 12:15.

#16 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:16

ProMods are teh shitz...no dumbass Juggernauts or martys or some other crap....all you got is Extreme Condition and Stopping power (but it aint worth a thing as the weapon stats are all changed)

also it would be damn annoying if they made the AK74u the same way as they did now (fucking OPed...same goes with the P90)

Edited by TehKiller, 26 March 2009 - 12:17.

Posted Image

#17 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:26

That teaser was pretty cool, can't wait to see more.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#18 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:49

View PostRayburn, on 26 Mar 2009, 14:10, said:

Of course Martyrdom isn't really 'effective'; it's more of the annoying variety because some people BELIEVE it's effective which results in many people using it which increases the risk of getting killed by it through some dumb error (Get out of my way, stupid teammate, there's a grena- *dead*).
Yah, that's definitely true :P .

View PostRayburn, on 26 Mar 2009, 14:10, said:

As for Stopping Power and Juggernaut, they don't mean much in HC mode because most weapons simply kill you in =<4 hits anyway, with or without it.
True, but I wouldn't ever wanna play HC. Especially in CoD4 the HC balance is incredibly fucked up.

View PostTehKiller, on 26 Mar 2009, 14:16, said:

ProMods are teh shitz...no dumbass Juggernauts or martys or some other crap....all you got is Extreme Condition and Stopping power (but it aint worth a thing as the weapon stats are all changed)
Wasn't ProMod all about the modified hit place modifiers? Legs don't hurt nowhere near as bad as chest etc? That could really be left behind IMO, only headshots and non-headshots was a good call from IW IMO.

View PostTehKiller, on 26 Mar 2009, 14:16, said:

also it would be damn annoying if they made the AK74u the same way as they did now (fucking OPed...same goes with the P90)
AK74u >> P90 though. Though I agree they both could use a nerf.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 13:14

The P90 was definately a bit overpowered. Not sure about the mini-AK, though but I may
be a bit biased since I loved using that thing with a silencer + Double Tap + Dead Silence.

One thing I definitely want to see in MW2 is an Uzi and I'm not talking about that pussy
micro-version, nooo, I'm talking about the REAL Uzi which is so much more iconic.

Edited by Rayburn, 26 March 2009 - 13:15.

#20 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 26 March 2009 - 16:24

*adds game to upcoming game list*
I'll get this one, no doubt.
Posted Image

#21 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 17:13

View PostRayburn, on 26 Mar 2009, 15:14, said:

Not sure about the mini-AK, though but I may
be a bit biased since I loved using that thing with a silencer + Double Tap + Dead Silence.
It was basically identical to the MP5 except it has less recoil and that only in vertical direction, and had full walling (like assault rifles and machine guns). It was bugged to lose accuracy when equipped with certain attachments, though.

View PostRayburn, on 26 Mar 2009, 15:14, said:

One thing I definitely want to see in MW2 is an Uzi and I'm not talking about that pussy
micro-version, nooo, I'm talking about the REAL Uzi which is so much more iconic.
The CoD4 one was indeed extremely bland, IMO. Until I modded it to fire at 1200 RPM 8| .

Edited by Chyros, 26 March 2009 - 17:13.

TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 DerKrieger

Hillbilly Gun Nut

• 1758 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 20:06

Nice!

This is a quite interesting read:
http://ps3.ign.com/a...6/966592p1.html

Apparently MW2 may be set in Brazil.
Note that the Russian voice over at the end of the trailer says "Revolution is impossible without a revolutionary situation."

Edited by DerKrieger, 26 March 2009 - 20:19.

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 26 March 2009 - 20:17

View PostDerKrieger, on 26 Mar 2009, 16:06, said:

Nice!

This is a quite interesting read:
http://ps3.ign.com/a...6/966592p1.html

Apparently MW2 may be set in Brazil.

Uh oh, better warn Overdose.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#24 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 20:21

*hopes for tropical environments and stealthy jungle warfare*

Edited by Rayburn, 26 March 2009 - 20:22.

#25 DerKrieger

Hillbilly Gun Nut

• 1758 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 20:32

I'd think that Indonesia/the Philippines would be a better setting for a jungle, given the activity of groups like Abu Sayyaf, but Brazil is certainly new.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users