How do you think the world will end?

77 replies to this topic

#76 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:44

View PostNergiZed, on 11 May 2009, 3:34, said:

There's a chance that the end will be natural, but the universe works a little too slow. Mankind can do the job much faster, as I've heard that they're quite resourceful.

I'd still rate the chances of a meteor hit wiping us out as relatively high (that is, if one hit, not that one hits). There are several scenarios in which a natural disaster could wipe us out without us having any chance to avert it.

View PostNergiZed, on 11 May 2009, 3:34, said:

View PostGolan, on 9 May 2009, 6:36, said:

Seeing how resourceful mankind is, it's probably just a matter of time until we swap the metaphorical wire with a metaphorical noose. Made out of titanium-razor-wire. With poisoned spikes. Knotted to a jet engine with afterburner. Over a pool of Piranhas. While being on fire. In space.

Yeah, that's quite resourceful, breaking the laws of physics takes a sizable amount of resources.

If you manage to get a frigging pool of piranhas into space (and to properly set your inertial system to have a z-axis so you can be above it), taking some oxygen with you shouldn't be all that hard.
That, plus being in space should be enough of a distraction to keep you from imagining what it means to get strangled by razor wire.

Edited by Golan, 11 May 2009 - 08:45.

Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#77 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:04

Also, the thing that strangles you is gravity pulling you down, so how can you even strangle yourself in it?...

But after all, just a metaphor.

So I'm going to keep to my opinion that the world will end when Chuck Norris...uhm..nowait...I...I mean...GOD! THe world will end when God descides it is time.

So maybee tommorow or in a hundred-gazzilionbillionnilliondilliongenehackmanncapiliontrillionmillion-thousand years, we'll see, we'll see...

Edited by SquigPie, 13 May 2009 - 08:06.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#78 ultimentra

Professional

• 358 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:01

I believe what will happen is a future akin to the TV Series firefly, only without the guns from the 1800's. They show a very reasonable future for humanity I think.
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users