Your greatest fears

53 replies to this topic

#1 Z_mann

Professional

• 327 posts
  • Projects: Zero Hour Unleashed

Posted 30 March 2009 - 19:20

To put it simply: what in life do you fear the most, and how do you fight it?

Edited by Z_mann, 30 March 2009 - 19:20.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Science is magic, only complicated.

#2 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 00:00

Being in a straitjacket or a cell I cannot move in. That's my biggest fear.

I don't really have to cope with it in life though, and only rarely even think about it. I'm not claustrophobic either. But not being able to physically move while being completely helpless is definitely my biggest fear.

Didn't we have a topic like this, though? Can't find it but it feels like a deja vu.

Edited by Chyros, 31 March 2009 - 00:01.

TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 Overdose

Nice Guy Syndrome

• Gold Member
  • 4146 posts
  • Projects: SWR Projects

Posted 31 March 2009 - 00:02

I'm actually quite fond of straight jackets and confined places. Especially if the walls are cushioned for my own protection.
Posted Image

#4 Pandut

Abdomen and some dried fish.

• Project Team
  • 1261 posts
  • Projects: Frontlines and European Conflict

Posted 31 March 2009 - 00:17

My worst fear is dead things.

I mean dead dead things, living dead things I'm alright with.

It's just the things that are dead, and stay dead that scare me the most. Necrophobia I think its called...
Formerly Sobek

#5 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:41

Eternity. The concept of it in general. I can sit and ponder it for... eternity, and eventually it just becomes scary given the enormity of the idea.

-Rorschach

#6 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:18

I would say one of my greatest fears is the unknown. Anything that I do not comprehend can cause me quite a deal of anguish.
Posted Image

#7 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:47

i would have to say my greatest fear is dying alone.
i love the unknown, exploring it and seeing, getting out of your comfort zone and into danger it is a great rush and gets the adrenaline flowing

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#8 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 19:21

There's nothing to fear but fear itself.

Yeah, I know it's kinda cliché and seems like a smart-ass comment, frankly that's not even wrong as it oversimplifies the situation drastically, but seriously, that's sort of the rational conclusion when looking back at my life and seeing what it really was that ever truly hurt me. Now, it seems to be kind of abstract and lame when compared to death, eternal torment in hell, *-phobia, pain, invalidism etc.
Not that I could claim to be even remotely close to being old enough to have seen it all, but I've had my fair share of seeing other people hurt, wounded, mutilated or dead. Sure it's not a nice thing, but once you meet people who did suffer from such things and still enjoy their lives (death excluded), sometimes even more than healthy people, you can really just smack yourself for having feared this.
Now, the afterlife could hold tons of nasty surprises. But really, you don't and can't know what'll really happen. So either accept this and don't mind, or succumb your life to the fear that something bad might await you.
Well, not much to say about phobias and somesuch - guess we all know that height isn't bad in itself, seclusion is not and the rest of stupid phobia-stuff that wikipedia lists isn't either. No, the really dangerous thing about phobias is the fear itself.

It's fear that maims you, fear that traps you, fear that puts you down.
Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#9 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 20:33

I fear everything and nothing. Fear will strike me at any moment depending on the situation but thinking about it I always find the positive side and break that fear. I fear death but at the same time I face the fact that my time will eventually end and that given the moment I'd rather be dead than live for ever (as Rorschach said the concept of eternity does strike fear even at me too but on the positive side I got more then enough time to do whatever I want to)
Posted Image

#10 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 20:47

Heights.

I get vertigo when I jump off buildings in Left 4 Dead!

#11 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:36

View PostTehKiller, on 7 Apr 2009, 4:33, said:

I fear everything and nothing. Fear will strike me at any moment depending on the situation but thinking about it I always find the positive side and break that fear. I fear death but at the same time I face the fact that my time will eventually end and that given the moment I'd rather be dead than live for ever (as Rorschach said the concept of eternity does strike fear even at me too but on the positive side I got more then enough time to do whatever I want to)

living for ever would be horrible out living your friends and their kids the their kids kids ect and being all old and shriveled XD

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#12 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:44

Cockroaches and Christmas Beetles.

I can take any other bug/arachnid/snake but those two specifically piss me off. I really have no idea why, but they just send shivers up my spine. :(

Posted Image

#13 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:45

Ive said it here before, but I fucking hate wasps

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 13:03

View PostAlias, on 7 Apr 2009, 20:44, said:

I can take any other bug/arachnid/snake but those two specifically piss me off. I really have no idea why, but they just send shivers up my spine. :(

not knowing what Christmas Beetles when until i just googled them they look nasty little things. and if you ever capture a cockroach put it in a microwave :)

#15 Nid

Human Being number 80446219302

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 14:15

I have a huge problem with moths, and to a certain extent, butterflies.
Posted Image

#16 Overdose

Nice Guy Syndrome

• Gold Member
  • 4146 posts
  • Projects: SWR Projects

Posted 07 April 2009 - 15:21

View PostNidmeister, on 7 Apr 2009, 11:15, said:

Me as well. It doesn't help the fact we have some freaking huge moths here in Brazil.

Edited by Overdose, 07 April 2009 - 15:22.

Posted Image

#17 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 18:59

View PostAlias, on 7 Apr 2009, 13:44, said:

Alright those mofos actually striked fear at me but now they strike only disgust (when you are in fear of roaches you dont think of trying to squash em...now lets just say that from experience of squashing groupations of roaches I would not hesitate to squash a dozen of roaches)
Posted Image

#18 BillyChaka

The word is law. The law is love.

• Member Test
  • 4358 posts
  • Projects: stayin' alive

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:24

The fear of not being accepted. That's pretty great to me.

That is my fear.

Posted Image

Ion Cannon in IRC said:

[19:11] <+IonCannnon> Basically, billychaka is a heartless bastard.

#19 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:10

View PostNidmeister, on 7 Apr 2009, 22:15, said:

yes no one suspects the butterfly

#20 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 08 April 2009 - 16:24

I fear the stupid will outnumber the intelligent, that people with no talents will be worshipped and that society will break down. Oh wait, thats already happened.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#21 Mathias

we dont need i to c

• 3831 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 17:14

Disease. I'm a terrible hypochondriac. The despair of having a heart attack or terminal cancer is pretty much the worst I can imagine.
Lifes a shit.. deal w/ it..its impossible to have a good day wow fuck this gay earth much??
Posted Image
Ask me questions about audio technical matters or DAWs!

#22 Comr4de

DO IT MAGGOT

• Gold Member
  • 5630 posts
  • Projects: SWR Productions

Posted 08 April 2009 - 18:15

View PostMathias, on 8 Apr 2009, 12:14, said:

Disease. I'm a terrible hypochondriac. The despair of having a heart attack or terminal cancer is pretty much the worst I can imagine.

You and me both.

I'm really the same, especially when it come true.

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome
Posted Image

#23 Ghostrider

Duly Appointed Federal Marshal

• Project Team
  • 991 posts
  • Projects: The Pants Party, Irradiated Inc.

Posted 08 April 2009 - 18:30

Heights are probably my biggest fear, but if I'm secured at a high level I'm totally fine. For example, if I'm looking out of a plane's window, I'm totally fine, but if I were on a tall building looking over the edge I get freaked out. :cry:
Posted Image
AJ is responsible for this signature masterpiece... if you see him, tell him I say thanks.
Posted Image

#24 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 18:37

spiders.

all sizes and shapes. there's something about the way they move and their overall anatomy. even looking at a picture can make me break out in cold sweat and back off from the computer screen/book immediately.
it's time to wake up

#25 Erik

Feels green.

• Project Leader
  • 978 posts
  • Projects: ZH: Frontlines

Posted 08 April 2009 - 19:22

Room 101.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users