Getting Wiki to send a confirmation letter

10 replies to this topic

#1 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:36

Alright, I've been trying for 3 months, trying to get Wiki to send a confirmation letter. But it just WON'T come! Is there anyway I can get Wiki to send me this? I know this may not be the right place, but I can't think of elsewhere.

#2 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:05

Moved to Fallout Studios Divisions forum as this is where wiki issues are dealt with.
In regards to the issue itself, (a) by 'confirmation letter' do you mean the e-mail with the link to validate your Fallout Studios Data Bunker account, and (b) if so, are you sure it's not getting caught up in a spam filter?

Edited by CommanderJB, 12 April 2009 - 06:05.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:27

A is correct.

I'm using Hotmail, and I think it shouldn't be blocking Wiki's mails as spam filter, but IDK. How do you check the spam filter anyway?

#4 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:58

The "junk" folder contains messages that hotmail thinks is spam.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:46

Admiral FCS please PM me the details of your account that you wish to be activated. I can force it through for you.

#6 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 21:07

IDK why, but the account is still "not authenticated". Why would this happen? >.>

#7 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 21:14

I have confirmed the email for the account General FCS, if you registered with an incorrect email this would be a problem.

#8 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 22:35

The email? It is the correct one... And I'm still not getting one for my inbox...

Well, if it's still not working, how can I de-register the account?

#9 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 22:38

Try logging in, see what happens. If its still an issue then we need to look in depth. Other than that get a new account and double check the email before submitting it. Also check your spam filters.

#10 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 22:45

Spam filter has nothing, junk box has nothing, and still not authenticated.

I think I'll need a new account, and delete the old one.

#11 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 23:26

Old accounts are really awkward to remove, probably best to leave it dormant.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users