New Fallout Annouced

17 replies to this topic

#1 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 17:22

A new Fallout has been announced with the same role-playing game experience of Fallout 3 just in a different location, Las Vegas.

However this game is being made by Bethesda, its being made by Obsidian Entertainment, who are the development studio that rose from the ashes of Black Isle Studios and they made Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II, Neverwinter Nights and Alpha Protocol.
This project is not going to effect what Bethesda's is working on (TES5) and its going to come out for the PC, PS3 and 360 next year.

Sounds pretty good but i will have to wait and see for more info to pass my judgment.

Source: http://kotaku.com/52...llout-announced.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#2 Lord Atlantis

I am Iron Man

• 3807 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 17:35

Fascinating. I wonder why they chose to make a new game rather than make it another DLC.
Posted Image

#3 NergiZed

^^^ Pronouced like the battery brand ^^^

• 2992 posts
  • Projects: Shockwave and Rise of the Reds

Posted 20 April 2009 - 17:39

Posted Image

HYES!!

Instant buy!

I hope for new weapons and stuffs for me to plunder. I also wish that the my Old Fallout 3 file can be playing in New Vegas somehow.

Edited by NergiZed, 20 April 2009 - 17:40.

#4 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 17:46

I can't see how a rehash of a previous game is "new", but anyway.

Posted Image

#5 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 17:54

NO...just NO

Obsidian screwed up KotOR II so badly I still got nightmares. I just cant see this in any other way.
Posted Image

#6 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 20 April 2009 - 17:59

View PostTehKiller, on 20 Apr 2009, 18:54, said:

NO...just NO

Obsidian screwed up KotOR II so badly I still got nightmares. I just cant see this in any other way.

Thats because they were rushed by publishers. Other games they have done, such as NwN2 were excellent. KotOR2 was also restored via a mod to what it should have been and included all the cut content that should have been in the game anyway.

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 20 April 2009 - 18:00.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 18:54

I wouldn't trust anyone else other than the original developers with this franchise.

I won't be getting my hopes up. :(

#8 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 19:01

View PostIon Cannon!, on 20 Apr 2009, 18:59, said:

View PostTehKiller, on 20 Apr 2009, 18:54, said:

NO...just NO

Thats because they were rushed by publishers. Other games they have done, such as NwN2 were excellent. KotOR2 was also restored via a mod to what it should have been and included all the cut content that should have been in the game anyway.

I'm still to make my mind up on the DLC and Fallout 3, it's not as good as Fallout 2 but is still a Fallout game, perhaps with everything added it might be good again.

As for NWN2, that had the single worst game engine I have ever encountered. My PC was new and cost £1000 in the summer when I spent £15 on NWN2. It lagged. I can tank DOW to max settings and have it work beautifully, as is true for RA3, but NWN just kept spitting me out because it couldn't handle multi core processors. NWN 1 was good as were the expansions, but the sequel, put it this way, I won't buy NWN 3.

#9 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 20 April 2009 - 19:03

Obsidian Entertainment is formed from the majority of Black Isle. The rest formed troika games. Black Isle developed the original Fallout and its sequel Fallout 2. So it is as close to being in the hands of the original developers as it could be.

@Dauth, I had no such issues with NwN2. Loved it, loved developing my own world with the toolset and also loved the PW's (Persistant Worlds) that people made online.

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 20 April 2009 - 19:06.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 19:05

View PostStinger, on 20 Apr 2009, 18:54, said:

I wouldn't trust anyone else other than the original developers with this franchise.

I won't be getting my hopes up. :(

Wait, what? Black Isle developed Fallout 2 and was a sub-division of Interplay, which developed Fallout 1. Obsidian Entertainment is as to Black Isle close as any company today can be.
Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#11 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 19:24

What I should have said is that I have more faith in Bethesda than any of those other development houses - just as I have more faith in Infinity Award than Treyarch when it comes to the development the Call of Duty franchise.

Edited by Stinger, 20 April 2009 - 19:46.

#12 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 22:10

I'm very skeptical about the replayability of this. FO3 was extremely much fun the first time, and since, I have never felt the urge to play it again. Even with multiple approaches etc. it's still very unreplayable IMO.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 Dr. Strangelove

Grand Poobah and Lord High Everything Else

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts
  • Projects: Where parallels meet.

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:20

YES! JUST YES! This could only be better if either Troika was making it or Van Buren was being released!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#14 RaiDK

I have an Energon Axe. Your argument is invalid.

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:33

I'm yet to see a single reason why outsourcing sequels is a good idea.

View PostMasonicon, on 17 Oct 2009, 13:44, said:

According to Conspiracy theories in internet, sci-fi and fantasy are real!

#15 Dr. Strangelove

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:46

View PostRaiDK, on 21 Apr 2009, 2:33, said:

I'm yet to see a single reason why outsourcing sequels is a good idea.

A very good argument against Fallout 3.
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#16 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:53

Strictly speaking, Fallout 3 was outsourced and this one will be handled in-house again. Also, strictly speaking, Fallout 3 itself is a spin-off, not a sequel. This makes this new game, strictly speaking, a sequel to F2, not F3.

Also, I fail to see how anyone can see the empty, dull, repetitive world of of Fallout 3 as a sign for Bethesda's superiority over the Obsidian guys.

Edited by Golan, 21 April 2009 - 14:24.

Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#17 Dr. Strangelove

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:25

View PostGolan, on 21 Apr 2009, 11:53, said:

Strictly speaking, Fallout 3 was outsourced and this one will be handled in-house again. Also, strictly speaking, Fallout 3 itself is a spin-off, not a sequel. This makes this new game, strictly speaking, a sequel to F2, not F3.

Also, I fail to see how anyone can see the empty, dull, repetitive world of of Fallout 3 as a sign for Bethesda's superiority over the Obsidian guys.

Finally! Someone who agrees with me!
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#18 MR.Kim

Insane Solider

• Member Test
  • 2740 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 04:58

Very interesting. Well, I guess wait & see about that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users