Posted 13 April 2011 - 23:11

WEN PROFESSIONAL CARRER.

#502 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 13 April 2011 - 23:18

Once I switch and finish university hopefully, my current uni is a sinking ship (I guess thats what I get for not having A levels) but Im in my second year so its going to be interesting to see if its possible.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#503 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 13:19

i'd love to see those sketches 8|
it's time to wake up

#504 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 18:30

View PostCamille, on 14 Apr 2011, 14:19, said:

i'd love to see those sketches :P

The majority are far too amateurish to show on here im afraid 8|

Posted Image

Posted Image

#505 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 18:52

oh come ooooon 8|

sketches are super interesting, i'm genuinely interested in them :P
it's time to wake up

#506 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 20:22

View PostCamille, on 14 Apr 2011, 19:52, said:

oh come ooooon 8|

sketches are super interesting, i'm genuinely interested in them :D

Very well in that case :P I sifted through them and found some of the passable ones.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#507 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 21:19

cheers pav, the sketches aren't even half as bad as you think they are :P they're somewhat crude but very effective. you've greatly improved from what i saw of you some time ago. your ME influence seeps through those sketches but that's not necessarily a bad thing. all in all i think you'll do great (doing great even) in this branche.

when i finally graduate in a few months i'll be doing the same thing so it's interesting to see your progress. what courses are you exactly following? here in Belgium i can choose between two courses, one that centers more on the game development and one that's more directed at design and the artistic side of things. you can guess which one i'll be choosing :D

god organic modeling is gonna be gruesome 8|

oh and your finished model is awesome, jus saying.
it's time to wake up

#508 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 22:19

View PostCamille, on 14 Apr 2011, 22:19, said:

cheers pav, the sketches aren't even half as bad as you think they are :D they're somewhat crude but very effective. you've greatly improved from what i saw of you some time ago. your ME influence seeps through those sketches but that's not necessarily a bad thing. all in all i think you'll do great (doing great even) in this branche.

Cheers! since the start of the year I try and draw everyday.

when i finally graduate in a few months i'll be doing the same thing so it's interesting to see your progress. what courses are you exactly following? here in Belgium i can choose between two courses, one that centers more on the game development and one that's more directed at design and the artistic side of things. you can guess which one i'll be choosing :D

None of my work here is the product of anything Ive learned at my university, the one I am at is terrible and a piss-poor excuse for a university, I am currently "studying" Game Development and Art. My friend who is at a fantastic uni on the other hand is doing Visual Effects which he tells me covers things like character creation etc. But an animation course covers things like rendering, modeling and (ofc) animation. I would suggest going for the more artistic approach, since it sounds like something you'd be more suited to and something Id rather be doing 8|

god organic modeling is gonna be gruesome :P

Not so much as you would think, Ive only been doing anatomy study for a few months and found myself crudely but comfortably sculpting in mudbox (but nothing Ive been able to complete since it keeps locking up my computer ¬_¬), and Im sure Id be able to do the same in zBrush (Once I get round to getting to grips with its infuriating UI).

oh and your finished model is awesome, jus saying.

Thanks 8|

Posted Image

Posted Image

#509 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 12:20

Some new bits:

3ds to mudbox sculpting.
Posted Image

Another ME typish character, modeling clothes in 3ds max is a nightmare, last time Im doing that :xD:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#510 Encrypted

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:24

Getting better and better 8|. Just out of curiosity, how long does it typically take to create a texture for a model like that, and with that amount of detail?
I only have have one bit of constructive criticism for the ME character model above - The hands, even with the white finger tips, seem a little small in comparision to the rest of the model.

#511 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:07

Its difficult to say with that since I didnt have a sepcific plan to go off, I just made it up as I went along when it came to texturing, so I went through a lot of changes and tests with different colours and patterns so a lot of going back and forth. I couldnt give you a round number altogether, but it takes a few hours per piece of clothing. If I had a piece of coloured concept art to go off of it would have taken a fraction of the time since I would have a clear path to follow (which Is something I eventually hope to produce)

That said since I now have mudbox working properly texturing should take even less time since I can paint straight onto the model and not have to go back and forth between PS and 3ds. My next character I hope to construct entirely in mudbox to get a good grip of the program.

And you're right about his hands, didnt notice that :o

Posted Image

Posted Image

#512 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 00:26

New things

With proper planning I managed to make her in half the time compared to my previous model, and she turned out pretty much how I wanted (which is rare)

Posted Image

Started out today as some messing around, which then became a practice in sculpting a head.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#513 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 00:34

Looks pretty good, but as with some of your previous models I think it suffers from chronic small-hands disorder.

Posted Image

#514 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 00:44

Damnit, I will take extra care with the hands next time, theyre an absolute pain :xD:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#515 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 00:58

I think the easiest way for you would be to remember that the completely opened hand with spread fingers pretty much covers the face.

Posted Image

#516 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 19:30

^Handy tip that, been using it with drawing/modeling.
Here is another space dweller! Some sort of miner/techy, not-so-distant-future-type

Posted Image

Not sure whats next!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#517 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 20:45

Ooh very, very nice although the helmet looks like it'll shatter if she accidentally walked into a space pole or something.
Posted Image

#518 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 21:35

Luls a space pole :) Its made of... space pole resistant material, I forgot to add

Posted Image

Posted Image

#519 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 21:42

Hands look a lot better :)

Would be nice to see the character in a setting and a pose, its hard to judge a model when you don't know the artists context.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#520 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 22:29

Originally she was meant to be floating toward an airlock (which I made beforehand) but the pose and lighting just didnt end up looking as well as I had hoped, so I settled for just a regular render.

Posted Image

Posted Image

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users