31 replies to this topic

#26 ΓΛPTΘΓ

Ecchi Toaster

• Project Team
  • 923 posts
  • Projects: Spam

Posted 19 May 2009 - 20:38

View PostProphet of the Pimps, on 19 May 2009, 20:39, said:

Can some one please explain to me the reason why the UK is getting Dumber and dumber by the day. They are like the source of 50% of the most boneheaded ideas from a Developed nation.

Friking quoted!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome radio

19:44 - Chyros: I'm very harmless

#27 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 20 May 2009 - 00:20

View PostProphet of the Pimps, on 19 May 2009, 20:39, said:

Can some one please explain to me the reason why the UK is getting Dumber and dumber by the day. They are like the source of 50% of the most boneheaded ideas from a Developed nation.

Sadly we are breeding a nation of idiots while most politicians are completely out of touch with the modern / normal world.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:31

View PostProphet of the Pimps, on 19 May 2009, 21:39, said:

Well I would say Germany has a good chance to top the UK in that though...
Posted Image

#29 ultimentra

Professional

• 358 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:10

It is simply put, impossible without extremely advanced and never before seen technologies in computer science, or extremely publicly unacceptable privacy invasion. It simply wont happen, the day it does is the next rebellion in the first/second world. Where did I put my blaster rifle and funky hat?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 Sharpnessism

Custom title!

• Member Test
  • 2871 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 21:08

View PostSquigPie, on 14 May 2009, 16:20, said:

There is no between, we either live in a free or non-free world.

You're definition is flawed, if it is as you say it is, then no one lives in a free world. All states have laws that restrict us in our actions. However, I'd say that my country allows me to live freely. I can open up my own business, I have certain freedoms, including the freedom to say 2+2=5. However, I cannot violate laws without suffering consequences.
Posted Image

#31 LCPL Carrow

You want my guns? Come take 'em!

• 753 posts
  • Projects: ZH Unleashed

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:59

"Those who would give up essential Liberties to gain temporary security, will have neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin

This idea is made of
FAJL
Semper Fidelis

0311 Rifleman

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
Posted Image
Posted Image

<Aqua> 0311 Roflemen.

#32 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 17:36

humanity can never have total freedom (ther'll always be something that manipulates us, our instincts, or the surroundings) But freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=5 (saying something that strives against the normaly accepted answer, like saying that the earth is flat). Slavery is a world were being different (saying that 2+2=5) is evil, and you get punished for it.

Like Hitler with the jews/homosexuals/communists/politically different in any way, Pol Pot with the intellectuals. That kind of stuff

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users