#26 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:44

RaiDK, on 21 May 2009, 10:27, said:

Golan, on 21 May 2009, 20:17, said:

RaiDK, on 21 May 2009, 10:06, said:

Your conclusive argument goes as far as "There shouldn't be aliens in the game because there weren't aliens in Fallout 2". I've heard that sort of argument too many times to count.

Next time, please do at least read my posts before insulting me by ignoring my argumentation or dismissing it as irrelevant. Thank you.

I'm re-reading now and I'm still seeing "Aliens shouldn't be in Fallout". You don't think Aliens should be in Fallout because they're not in the spirit of the game, yet others apparently do.

You wouldn't say that an analysis of Fallout's setting, as Dr.Strangelove did too, would qualify as a lil' bit more than a simple "it wasn't there, it shouldn't be there, because I say so"? Sure it's always coming down to saying "Aliens shouldn't be in Fallout" - because that is what I'm trying to argue for.
If you want me to go in depth on anything, just tell me to.

I'm sure if you somehow landed yourself the Fallout franchise then you'd probably end up putting some stuff in that someone somewhere wouldn't approve of either. Have fun on your one man crusade to become the saviour of all things Fallout, either way.

Why would I want to have the Fallout franchise only to make a game that is not Fallout-ish? :P
That's bullshit, if I want to create a different game then I do so with a new name and don't stick to some ancient, antiquated franchise restrictions.

What I meant by that is that what you consider to be in the vein of Fallout, others wouldn't. Hence why we're having this discussion now I suppose.

Well then let's have a discussion instead of saying "you're a fanboy so you're WRONG!".

I'm not opposed to having senseless fun in that game, I'm opposed to asking for senseless fun in such a game. That's like asking for more lap dances in The Passion of the Christ (2004).

I always thought the whole point of playing games was to have fun.

Fun is very subjective. Which is why I was talking about senseless fun - again, please do at least read my posts. Thank you.

Since the Fallout games are pretty well centered around killing things (Yes, and talking your way out of things in some cases, I have played Fallout) it's debatable at which point it becomes 'senseless'. Seems all pretty senseless to me.

Killing in post-apocalyptic world (read: constant struggle for survival) doesn't seem very senseless to me.
Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#27 Nem

Director

• Gold Member
  • 1417 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:46

Ugh, this is the equivalent of a Alien faction being added to RA3, Wacky universe or not some things just don't fit.
Hopefully, if I ignore it hard enough it will seize to exist. :P

Edit: I can't ignore it, It hurts that bad.

Edited by Nem, 21 May 2009 - 10:49.

#28 NergiZed

^^^ Pronouced like the battery brand ^^^

• 2992 posts
  • Projects: Shockwave and Rise of the Reds

Posted 21 May 2009 - 17:19

CommanderJB, on 21 May 2009, 4:50, said:

I'm pre-emptively asking you to keep it civil, people. Remember that you all have a right to your own opinions.
Oh, and:

NergiZed, on 21 May 2009, 18:17, said:

Jar Jar Binks and medichlorines might be cannon in Star Wars, but they never get mentioned ever again in the expanded universe.
I regret to inform you that this is not, unfortunately, the case. Jar Jar pops up in several of the Jedi Apprentice novels, and the New Jedi Order is practically plastered with midichlorians.

I can understand why Jar Jar would appear in some of those, but after that time period, gungans and Jar Jar are pretty much never mentioned again.

Um what? I'm on the last book in the NJO series, and I don't remember seeing the word 'midichlorians' anywhere. Just out of curiosity, I searched for the word in the some of the books (I have them all in text form as well) and I didn't come up with anything. Do you mean something else, the Legacy series perhaps? Because NJO doesn't mention it at all.

Sorry for being off-topic, I really have nothing more to add to this discussion/rant. If Bethesda feels like adding aliens then I'll figure out a way to have fun in Fallout with aliens.

#29 AllStarZ

Pretentious Prick

• 7083 posts
  • Projects: Pricking around Pretentiously

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:45

Don't complain they've ruined something before you've actually seen it. Besides, insofar Fallout 2 is concerned, I think that the idea of New Reno is far stupider than aliens.

#30 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:59

FFS Golan, you're not the Uber Kool Fuhrer of Fallout and just because you've played the game doesn't mean you have the right to tell us what's right and what's wrong. If you really have such a problem with the way Fallout is going you should go make your own game.

#31 amazin

E-Studios resident XBOX360 (not computer) player

• 1483 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 14:24

dont be so hard on him, i mean you wouldnt be saying that if he was pissed about them adding aliens into call of duty MW2

#32 KiraSama

Vago Profesional

• 2145 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 15:40

umm not dachamp, on 26 May 2009, 16:24, said:

dont be so hard on him, i mean you wouldnt be saying that if he was pissed about them adding aliens into call of duty MW2

But that will still better than ANOTHER WW2 COD
Posted Image

#33 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 16:22

So you had to dig up a topic almost a week old only to tell me off? Heck, it's not even like I'm the only one thinking that way. But yeah, sure it's me taking this too seriously...

Oh by the way, Hobbesy, should you ever dare giving me that "Fuhrer" bullshit again [meaningful ellipsis here].

Edited by Golan, 26 May 2009 - 16:26.

Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#34 RaiDK

I have an Energon Axe. Your argument is invalid.

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 20:41

umm not dachamp, on 27 May 2009, 0:24, said:

Just like those Zombies in WaW everyone hated so much? :rolleyes:

Also, I'm going to slap the next person who links to tvtropes to make a point.

Edited by RaiDK, 26 May 2009 - 20:41.

View PostMasonicon, on 17 Oct 2009, 13:44, said:

According to Conspiracy theories in internet, sci-fi and fantasy are real!

#35 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 21:00

Golan, on 26 May 2009, 11:22, said:

Oh by the way, Hobbesy, should you ever dare giving me that "Fuhrer" bullshit again [meaningful ellipsis here].

Don't act like you're the god of all things game related and I won't have to.

#36 amazin

E-Studios resident XBOX360 (not computer) player

• 1483 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 23:15

alright folks... just stop

back on topic, i kinda like the idea of aliens... while it kinda ruins the mystery behind that crashed alien ship, it does add an area where they can really make a creative new enviroment... but i am kinda worried that it will play out a bit too much like anchorage

#37 Dr. Strangelove

Grand Poobah and Lord High Everything Else

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts
  • Projects: Where parallels meet.

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:31

AllStarZ, on 26 May 2009, 4:45, said:

Besides, insofar Fallout 2 is concerned, I think that the idea of New Reno is far stupider than aliens.

Yeah, you might have a point there.
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#38 Nem

Director

• Gold Member
  • 1417 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:58

Høbbsey, on 26 May 2009, 17:00, said:

Don't act like you're the god of all things game related and I won't have to.

You can't come into a thread just to spite somebody [Off Topic] for things they said a week ago [Necro], Without expecting retaliation [Flamebaiting].
Don't break the rules and people won't have to point out you're being an arse.
:pnd:

Key:
Rules Broken in Red
Civil Service nobody asked for in Orange

After reading up a bit more about the new DLC I don't think the addition of aliens is that bad though I can understand why somebody would be upset. As soon as I buy another copy of Fallout I will be downloading this along with the rest of the DLC.

#39 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:46

I have really had enough of this bloody topic and it's pointless waste of an argument. I really do not understand why this game causes such friction but in this particular thread it's come to an end.

Play nicely next time.

:pnd:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users