Armored Core

31 replies to this topic

#26 Zero

Commander&Chief of the Order of the Black Knights

• 581 posts
  • Projects: None, unfortunately

Posted 03 June 2009 - 21:03

Oh, I remembered what the guncannon was!

Okay, remember the Virtue Gundam from 00, it works along the same concept. A guncannon is essentially two VERY powerful high-laser cannons mounted on the hands. Furthermore, it has a special effect! By activating it's auxillary use (down on directional pad), you combine the two guncannons, making an Energy-Bazooka that fires in one of two modes. The right fire mode allows you to fire a long range (Somewhere in between Sniper Rifle and Sniper Cannon range) laser burst, OR a considerably mediocre range ball of energy that flies slowly but explodes on contact sending hot plasma EVERYWHERE. The Bazooka mode (the ball of plasma) has a huge AoE but is easy to dodge due to its slow speed as well as unable to damage anything too far from the epicenter by any considerable amount. Also, after shooting the Energy Bazooka or the Combine Guncannon you MUST wait a LONG recharge time and CAN NOT change weapons during this time. It has infinite ammo, but can overheat if too many rounds are fired continuously in either mode.

Now, an MGS inspiration (saw it in Gundam SEED too), the High-Frequency Blade. It is an upgrade applicable to most blade weapons of larger than high Shortsword blade size. It raises either the attack OR the rate of fire, however, it also lowers the opposite by the same amount, as well as adding a little extra weight and an energy drain status previously unexistent to the solid blades.

Now, we move on to the Sniper Head and the Sniper Core. The Sniper Head acts much like the head of Dynames from 00, when you enter Sniper Mode (which I will describe someday) the top part of the head falls a little and reveals a large scope which you switches you into a long-range FPS mode for sniping. The head-mounted scope allows about 3x the range of sight of a normal head and when you get out of Sniper Mode, the headpiece rises back into place to cover the camera. Then, of course, their is the Sniper Core. Nothing special, it is simply a core with attachments for ALL possible sniper weapons that radically improve aim and recoil control.

Sniper Mode: To achieve Sniper Mode you MUST have the Node attached, an FCS for it, AND it is only compatible with Sniper Class Weapons. In it you simply enter an FCS mode and can shoot enemies at longer range than normal as if it were any other normal FPS, however, you CAN NOT move at ALL. It is counted as an auxillary system.

And finally, blader mode... Ahhh...blader mode. Simply put, blader mode is a toggling effect. When turned on it disables ALL ranged weaponry except for a select few that are VERY short ranged and specialized. On the other hand, however, you gain permanent lock on a chosen target when you lock on, and now it will FOLLOW the target as it moves around. In other words, you can NEVER break the lock. To use this you must have an FCS (mostly only blader FCSs have this, but some other ones do to, including long-ranges FCSs) as well as the appropriate node. I am deciding whether or not to make this an auxillary system, however, I doubt I will as it is VERY specialized and takes skill to use to the point where only a pro could use it well, and THAT would discourage its use as well as that some auxillaries are suited to it. HOWEVER, you CANNOT use this along with Sniper Mode as the two will not cooperate together.

And now to move on, Sight&Detection Systems.
-Night Vision (see in dark in greenish sight, large amounts of light will render it useless)
-Thermal Vision (see heat, limited by range and heat-shielded obstacles, can "see" through all other obstacles)
-Sonar (Uses sound waves, LARGE detection, works both on both ground&sea, but is easy to disrupt with noise interference)
-Radar (Same as always, basic with not that much at fault but shorter range than Sonar)
-X-Ray (Sees through soft objects such as sand dunes or most buildings but some buildings, bridges, and enemies will stop it, showing their figure in a pure white color against the ligh-bluish-purple background, which can also cause interference)

Now to more Weapon Cores, also count as Auxillary Systems.
-MG
-120mm Cannon
-80mm Cannon
-100mm Cannon
-Energy Cannon
-Missiles (almost every variety except high explosive)

Edited by Zero, 03 June 2009 - 21:12.

Posted Image
Posted Image
[indent]Garrod "Newtype Killer" Ran[/indent]

#27 Rich19

I challenge thee!

• 1478 posts
  • Projects: Duelling

Posted 06 June 2009 - 13:02

I hate to seem negative but ideas are a dime a dozen, especially when the ideas are based off the AC series. If you want a game out of this you are going to have to make it entirely yourself, and if you're still set on doing that then your time would be better spent at this stage getting an engine together and working out what you can and cannot do with it. Ideas can come later when you have a base to work from.

#28 Zero

Commander&Chief of the Order of the Black Knights

• 581 posts
  • Projects: None, unfortunately

Posted 08 June 2009 - 19:17

View PostRich19, on 6 Jun 2009, 14:02, said:

I hate to seem negative but ideas are a dime a dozen, especially when the ideas are based off the AC series. If you want a game out of this you are going to have to make it entirely yourself, and if you're still set on doing that then your time would be better spent at this stage getting an engine together and working out what you can and cannot do with it. Ideas can come later when you have a base to work from.

Well, I'm a man of ideas, and since I CAN'T program and such, I'd do MUCH better as a writer and idealizer, it's all I can do. So I'm posting it up here, at the worst it won't be used at all, ever. Eh, no big deal.
Posted Image
Posted Image
[indent]Garrod "Newtype Killer" Ran[/indent]

#29 Star Dragon

• 16 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:37

Don't let that get you down. (most of his posts seem negative anyway on the board) :cool:

Most gamers at one time or another get the urge to make a game or even just a mod. (not that they ever do).

I salute you however. You're sitting down and writing what's in, what's out, and why. Plus a back story to boot!

Good for you. Now if you ever do get in a position where an engine comes along that suits your main goal you still might need to alter your work to fit the scope of the engine, but that's called sacrifice.

As for me, over the last seven years I've xome from the OPPOSITE direction. I've worked on resources based on a sparse outline. I don;t have a massive back story, I don't have definite lists of weapons or ships, or even main characters.

Someday, I will have to do exactly what you are doing. For now, I could post screenie after screenie and it would be pointless. A game with no story, just content, is not worth talking about.

Does that make the method each of us is following right or wrong?

Nope. We are both alone and no one can dictate how we proceed, or the timetable we put into it.

So good luck!

And for arguments sake, if you could buy the rights no one could say crap. :rolleyes:

I have no such illusions and keep my efforts to Mods and Fanfiction, that's enough for me.
(That's my 2c on the matter)
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a wide target selection!" - Brig Gen Star Dragon...

Posted Image

#30 Rich19

I challenge thee!

• 1478 posts
  • Projects: Duelling

Posted 10 June 2009 - 17:07

View PostStar Dragon, on 10 Jun 2009, 10:37, said:

(most of his posts seem negative anyway on the board) :P

I beg your pardon?

#31 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 10 June 2009 - 17:37

Well look at your avvie Rich :P
Posted Image

#32 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 17:49

View PostRich19, on 10 Jun 2009, 18:07, said:

View PostStar Dragon, on 10 Jun 2009, 10:37, said:

(most of his posts seem negative anyway on the board) :P

I beg your pardon?

I would certainly not class Rich as a negative person - for the most part he's a very useful person - generally good fun, and only negative or critical where necessary.

I will echo Rich however, in that it probably will never see real daylight. That said it's a good expression of your thoughts/ideas etc, which i respect you for posting.
For there can be no death without life.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users