Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 02 February 2011 - 17:53

Watch the whole thing :P.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#31 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 02 February 2011 - 21:26

[quote name='Soul' post='839293' date='2 Feb 2011, 19:53']Watch the whole thing 8|.

[/quote]
haha :P Screw Bell. I don't see how they think they will get away with those rates.

edit: then again, we pay $10 per extra Gb over the limit :P

Edited by Scope, 02 February 2011 - 21:28.

Posted Image

#32 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 22:52

[quote name='Scope' post='839324' date='3 Feb 2011, 8:26'][quote name='Soul' post='839293' date='2 Feb 2011, 19:53']Watch the whole thing 8|.

[/quote]
haha 8| Screw Bell. I don't see how they think they will get away with those rates.

edit: then again, we pay $10 per extra Gb over the limit :P
[/quote]Some ISPs here make you pay between .10c and $1 per megabyte. :P

Posted Image

#33 BeefJeRKy

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 23:26

On a landline? Jebus. I know Blackberry users have it bad here at 1$/MB but for a landline that is HARSH.
Posted Image

#34 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 23:32

Only the really, really dodgy ones that look really cheap but have exorbitant rates otherwise.

Anyone with half a brain stays away, most of the ISPs are pretty decent here, we seem to have far more than the rest of the world so we tend to have a lot of good ones but a lot of dodgy ones as well.

Posted Image

#35 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 00:20

I seriously lol'd @ Canadian Activist :P

#36 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 00:21

View PostScope, on 2 Feb 2011, 23:26, said:

On a landline? Jebus. I know Blackberry users have it bad here at 1$/MB but for a landline that is HARSH.

My sister's Blackberry is £4 per 1MB that she goes over. It's utterly extortionate, and most people don't understand the concept of a fair-usage policy - when someone says you've got unlimited internet access, it's totally misleading. Thus, people get hit massively when they go over. Fortunately my sis doesn't use it for heavy data usage - but I know of several friends who have been royally screwed to the tune of over a thousand pounds because they didn't keep an eye on their data.
For there can be no death without life.

#37 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 00:24

View PostAJ, on 3 Feb 2011, 0:21, said:

My sister's Blackberry is £4 per 1MB that she goes over. It's utterly extortionate, and most people don't understand the concept of a fair-usage policy - when someone says you've got unlimited internet access, it's totally misleading. Thus, people get hit massively when they go over. Fortunately my sis doesn't use it for heavy data usage - but I know of several friends who have been royally screwed to the tune of over a thousand pounds because they didn't keep an eye on their data.

Then that is the service provider raping their consumer. My boss got cut off whilst abroad last year after he ran up a £600 bill in 2 days whilst in the Maldives. At least they shut down his service before his bill became unmanageable. Most decent SP's should have a max cut off point. You can probably set it yourself so your bill will never go above £xxx.xx

#38 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 00:30

To think people can be this stupid. :|

Posted Image

#39 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 00:31

View PostWizard, on 3 Feb 2011, 0:24, said:

View PostAJ, on 3 Feb 2011, 0:21, said:

Then that is the service provider raping their consumer. My boss got cut off whilst abroad last year after he ran up a £600 bill in 2 days whilst in the Maldives. At least they shut down his service before his bill became unmanageable. Most decent SP's should have a max cut off point. You can probably set it yourself so your bill will never go above £xxx.xx

Mhm, that they are indeed. What's interesting is that this is all relatively recent (since I've been at uni). Essentially, now they've put the fair-usage policy on smartphones, and they've become more popular, they appear to have stopped caring quite as much for the consumer. One of my friends even put a cap on her phone of about £10 over her £20-a-month contract, then proceeded to get hit with a £170 bill a few months ago after she went over her data limit. Problem is that this is all totally above-board - the providers have no duty to cap phones, and are allowed to charge whatever the contract states with regards to the data. Fair-usage policies will kill the internet to a degree, imo. But I think that's another topic....
For there can be no death without life.

#40 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:25

[quote name='Alias' post='839368' date='3 Feb 2011, 0:30']

To think people can be this stupid. :|[/quote]

Yes because FOX news tells the truth, what a load of fucking bollocks. I seriously think America could help itself by removing such people..
Posted Image

Posted Image

#41 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:19

[quote name='Ion Cannon!' post='839381' date='3 Feb 2011, 4:25'][quote name='Alias' post='839368' date='3 Feb 2011, 0:30']

Yes because FOX news tells the truth, what a load of fucking bollocks. I seriously think America could help itself by removing such people..
[/quote]I couldn't parody him better than he speaks normally. I seriously thought people would've grown wiser after McNamara and the Vietnam war :P .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#42 BeefJeRKy

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 22:54

[quote name='Alias' post='839368' date='3 Feb 2011, 2:30']

All despicable lies to promote fearmongering in the United States against Islam and to use it as a scapegoat. Glenn Beck doesn't know shit about what's going on in Egypt. I have friends there on the ground and the revolution is anything but Islamic. Yes the Muslim Brotherhood supports it but the majority of the protesters just want to see Mubarak leave. Among other things, our new Prime Minister is not affiliated with Hezbollah and cannot enforce Shari'a law as that would be unconstitutional. Ah why am I even bothering... Glenn Beck is the faeces of US political news reporting along with Rush Limbaugh, [M]Ann Coulter, and Bill O'Reilly.
Posted Image

#43 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 00:33

The Muslim Brotherhood isn't as bad as they clam, it's just dumb fear mongering.
Posted ImagePosted Image

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#44 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:08

[quote name='Scope' post='839496' date='4 Feb 2011, 9:54'][quote name='Alias' post='839368' date='3 Feb 2011, 2:30']

All despicable lies to promote fearmongering in the United States against Islam and to use it as a scapegoat. Glenn Beck doesn't know shit about what's going on in Egypt. I have friends there on the ground and the revolution is anything but Islamic. Yes the Muslim Brotherhood supports it but the majority of the protesters just want to see Mubarak leave. Among other things, our new Prime Minister is not affiliated with Hezbollah and cannot enforce Shari'a law as that would be unconstitutional. Ah why am I even bothering... Glenn Beck is the faeces of US political news reporting along with Rush Limbaugh, [M]Ann Coulter, and Bill O'Reilly.
[/quote]Not to mention the fact he somehow thinks Shi'as will submit to the authority of the Sunnis and vice versa.

Posted Image

#45 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:11

What exactly is the difference between Sunni and Shia again? They always seem to be at odds (sorta like Catholics and Protestants).

And no, don't throw a wikipedia link at me, I don't want to read endless walls of formal text.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#46 BeefJeRKy

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:39

View PostSquigPie, on 4 Feb 2011, 9:11, said:

What exactly is the difference between Sunni and Shia again? They always seem to be at odds (sorta like Catholics and Protestants).

And no, don't throw a wikipedia link at me, I don't want to read endless walls of formal text.

Long story short, the Sunnis believe that the leadership in Islam should have been elected from those capable of the job. Shiites believed that the rule should have passed on from the Prophet Muhammad to his cousin Ali. In the end it's mostly politics, though I would say that Shiites tend to have better rights for women in terms of inheritance and who gets to raise the children after a divorce etc.. There are also some differences in prayer ritual and the like. I would say it is akin to the Protestant-Catholic split in Christianity.
Posted Image

#47 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 19:09

-del-

Edited by Kris, 27 February 2017 - 09:18.

#48 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 20:59

Don't see any of them burning the Canadian flag, guess were in the clear D8.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#49 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:15

Awwww maaan, they're burning Dannebrog! Stupid bastards :(

Still, this hobby of theirs must be good for the Flag salesmen D8

On a more serious note. I don't think that the problem is muslims, more likely it's the fundamentalists and fanaticists that rile eachother up, vocal minority you know.

Edited by SquigPie, 06 April 2011 - 06:17.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#50 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:01

The USA flag isn't burnt yet, I can still save it!
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users