How to buy Fallout 3 DLC's through GFWL Marketplace

6 replies to this topic

#1 allon

• 11 posts
  • Projects: None

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:15

i've searched this part of the forum and couldn't find any relating topics so please don't get mad at me.

anyway,i've started playing fallout 3 (got trough steam from friend as a gift) and i'm really enjoying the game. love to sneak enemies from behind and
give them a critical headshot with my oversized sniper. anyway, i'm interested in buying those DLC's for fallout 3 but it seems that you have to buy them
at the games for windows live (GFWL) marketplace using points. i don't have points and the only way to get points is by buying them. now here's my question, since the
only 2 options for buying points are through creditcard (don't own one) and so called 'gamer cards' i would appreciate it if somebody could show me how those cards look like since
i've seen a lot of those other cards but with 'xbox live' on it so i'm not sure wether that will work as well for the GFWL marketplace. and i'm also asking a fellow dutchmen on where you can buy those cards online (paying method: ideal). thanks for your help.

~Allon

--------

If there's a similair topic on the forum somewhere (couldn't find one) please put a link of it here and please close this one and i apologize for the problems then.
Loneliness is this world's worst kind of pain
Posted Image
How do you call 50.000 infected lawyers? Bull frickin horseshit

#2 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:01

Well the Microsoft points used on XBOX live also work for GFWL as well. So technically your GFWL account also serves as an XBOX live account and any points you purchase on one will be available on the other.
Posted Image

#3 allon

• 11 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:20

Oh really, didn't know that. thanks for the help.
if i'm correct, this is a one i could use ?

http://www.zuiderpark-games.nl/v2/product_...roducts_id=9401
Posted Image

#4 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:30

I'd check everything against this page for the moment until Microsoft get their act together. http://points.micros...Portal/Buy.aspx

#5 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:35

Well you might want to double check the XBOX website for what I said but that is indeed the points card I was talking about.
Posted Image

#6 allon

• 11 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:57

Thanks for the help. i really appreciate it. i'll call the store just to be sure.
Posted Image

#7 NergiZed

^^^ Pronouced like the battery brand ^^^

• 2992 posts
  • Projects: Shockwave and Rise of the Reds

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:54

Heh, this is why I've 'acquired' every single one of my DLCs up to this point. It's just so bloody complicated dl-ing it from MS. I'll buy the physical copies when they come out, thank you very much! (I think the first one is already out, I'll prolly get that in the next two weeks).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users