About Cutting Edge War Machines

37 replies to this topic

#26 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:22

If you can't be bothered to read the responses even in your own thread then I wouldn't bother coming on the forums at all. But because I'm feeling friendly I'll restate my argument in simple terms in the hope it will penetrate.
We do not have nanotechnology available for military application at the moment. By the time we do, none of those vehicles or weapons will be in existence, because they will be decades at the minimum out of date. The one exception to this is the 'hovertank' because they don't exist, but I doubt you'll ever see a conventional fictional hovertank either nanotech or no because they're impossible or impractical to make and will remain so for the foreseeable future.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 05:36

^ I think he's still suffering from the illusion that Hollywood nanotech = real life nanotech.
He'd probably like to pretend that F-22s carry nano-payload Sidewinders which engulf the target
plane in a grey blob and transform it into a fridge filled with meatloaf made of pilot or something.

Edited by Rayburn, 26 June 2009 - 05:52.

#28 tank50us

Professional

• 345 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:19

or he thinks that nano machines replenish the missiles in Ace Combat, but last I checked, it's a GAME which means it is NOT real. yes it would be interesting to see those vehicles equipped with it, but that can just sit in the part of you mind labeled "Not gonna happen in my lifetime" None of us will be around when that technology becomes available, and when it does, the aircraft/tanks/weapons equipped will easily kick the snot out of anything today. Period. Finished. END OF STORY. Now, please, leave us in peace.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dauth edit: Sig removed for height violation.

#29 Rich19

I challenge thee!

• 1478 posts
  • Projects: Duelling

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:22

Hey Everyone What Would Happen If You Upgraded The F-22 Raptor, RAH-66 Comanche, F-35 Lightning II, Stryker, Hovertank, RQ-4 Global Hawk, V-22 Osprey, Foster-Miller TALON SWORDS, SR-X Aurora, RQ-1 Predator, etc With METAL? Or Maybe Try Upgrading The F-22 Raptor, RAH-66 Comanche, F-35 Lightning II, Stryker, Hovertank, RQ-4 Global Hawk, V-22 Osprey, Foster-Miller TALON SWORDS, SR-X Aurora, RQ-1 Predator, etc With COMPUTERS. What About Upgrading The F-22 Raptor, RAH-66 Comanche, F-35 Lightning II, Stryker, Hovertank, RQ-4 Global Hawk, V-22 Osprey, Foster-Miller TALON SWORDS, SR-X Aurora, RQ-1 Predator, etc With WEAPONS?

Honestly, your question is the same. If you're just going to keep repeating the same bloody list of things like a broken record instead of actually engaging with people and responding to what they say, kindly bugger off and do your trolling on another forum.

Edited by Rich19, 26 June 2009 - 09:59.

#30 tank50us

Professional

• 345 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 17:01

before any us get so pissed that we lock this guys coords for a Kenetic Strike, or start saying things that can get us banned, someone close this thread, PLEASE.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dauth edit: Sig removed for height violation.

#31 Warbz

IRC is just a multiplayer notepad.

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 17:36

View PostCommanderJB, on 24 Jun 2009, 10:15, said:

View PostDauth, on 24 Jun 2009, 17:30, said:

View PostRayburn, on 24 Jun 2009, 8:00, said:

Why are you posting the same enumeration of military vehicles for the third time, buddy? (twice here, once on SWR)
CmdrJB put it best: By the time nanotechnology will have any serious impact, all the Raptors, Lightnings and Strykers will be museum pieces.

Maybe did a tl:dr on JB?

Though JB is right in this case. Also more bot like behaviour will see me treat you like a bot.
While I wouldn't blame him if that was right, Dauth, I rather suspect that he found the list somewhere and is using it because he thinks it makes him look like he knows a lot about military technology.

It doesn't look like he knows a lot about anything. Especially communication.

Posted Image

#32 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 20:37

I'm not going to lock it, if you want to ignore this guy then you can. Just discuss the topic at hand.

#33 Masonicon

Casual

• 58 posts
  • Projects: 2012: Independence day

Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:09

What Happen if Those Fighting Machines like F-22 Raptor, RAH-66 Comanche, F-35 Lightning II, Stryker, M1A2 Abrams, RQ-4 Global Hawk, V-22 Osprey, Foster-Miller TALON SWORDS, SR-X Aurora, RQ-1 Predator, B-2 Spirit, etc goes online with Crew's Nanosuit?

#34 Zeke

The X General

• Project Team
  • 3504 posts
  • Projects: Deep Impact (formerly EC)

Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:46

I like where this thread is going / Sarcasm

#35 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:12

View PostMasonicon, on 27 Jun 2009, 11:09, said:

What Happen if Those Fighting Machines like F-22 Raptor, RAH-66 Comanche, F-35 Lightning II, Stryker, M1A2 Abrams, RQ-4 Global Hawk, V-22 Osprey, Foster-Miller TALON SWORDS, SR-X Aurora, RQ-1 Predator, B-2 Spirit, etc goes online with Crew's Nanosuit?

They'll wonder why they have to use the same vehicles as their grandfathers.

Edited by Rayburn, 27 June 2009 - 10:15.

#36 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 11:57

that is some disturbingly funny shit right there :D

is this guy for real? like, ain't he a bot?
it's time to wake up

#37 Rich19

I challenge thee!

• 1478 posts
  • Projects: Duelling

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:03

View PostMasonicon, on 27 Jun 2009, 10:09, said:

The crew will realise they are in the FICTIONAL game Crysis and go nuts as a result.

Spoiler

#38 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 27 June 2009 - 15:45

Enough of this. Masonicon, you are spamming and bordering on trolling. If you post about these machines again there will be consequences.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users