Command & Conquer 4

459 replies to this topic

#1 Amdrial

Naval Wrenchineer

• Project Leader
  • 3047 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 14:01

Right, so I was browsing across the C&C community sites just a minute ago and I found out every single major site had to say something about C&C4. It seems EA spilled the beans and gave us some answers on Gamespot and Business Wire.

Anyway, just head right over to the following sites for more information regarding C&C4.
http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/go...amp;newsLang=en
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/comman...%3B1&page=1

I never expected them to release C&C games in such quick succesion, leaving other games to eventually die out, and not giving mods a chance to shine in older games since veryone moves on to newer games. I'm starting to miss the times in which we were all anticipating C&C3, only to be let down by the fact it's gameplay was a bit on the horrendous side.

---

First info from the article, thanks to CnCSaga and CNCDen for directing me there.

-Kane contacts GDI after all hope is lost due to the Tiberium contamination, forming the "Tiberium network control", which allows to control Tiberium spread, as well as turn it into an inexpensive power source- but of course, the extremists of both parties don't agree with this shift, sparking a new war
-FMVs won't consist of much asinine babbling in front of bluecsreens, there should be much more action ahead
-Our character will play an important role in the story, but FMVs remain 1st person
-Much more mature and stern tone
-Crawler produces all our units, and is upgradeable as our standard units are
-Lost crawlers are instantly replaced, and you can choose between offensive, defensive or engineer classes
-Tiberium will be collected by refineries you erect yourself at pre-determined spots
-All SP and MP matches will net you experience points to unlock new tech
-Oil derricks as secondary income (Unconfirmed!)

Magazine Scans are HERE.

Admiral

Edited by Amdrial, 21 August 2009 - 19:18.

Posted Image
The above signature was made by TheDR.
Posted Image

#2 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3868 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 14:04

All in one 'mobile' base ? Just don't do that game.

Just thought about it again, I mean ' no ' by if they plan only one structure producing all things and its 'mobile', like in Dawn of War 2, it sucked.

Edited by Turian, 09 July 2009 - 14:11.

#3 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 14:06

Doesn't look that much different compared to C&C3.

It is however good that they haven't bastardised it in the same way they did to Red Alert 3.

Edited by Alias, 09 July 2009 - 14:06.

Posted Image

#4 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 09 July 2009 - 14:17

It starting to look like it's all mech based. Normally I wouldn't have a problem with this, but it's just not C&C w/o a couple tanks on each side.
Posted Image

#5 Brad

Quick! STAB YOURSELF FOR SAFETY!

• Member Test
  • 1467 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 15:13

I must say, it's visual appearance has not changed at all.
The new units, some of them, uncreative and I personally think mechs are overused.
All in all, I'm having second thoughts about this game.

I am however, happy that they have increased the player limit up to 10 players in one game.

Edited by Brad, 09 July 2009 - 15:17.

You almost did, didn't you?

#6 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 09 July 2009 - 15:15

Looks like trash, why dont they just concentrate on making C&C3 better? This could just be an expansion

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Kichō

文昭皇后

• Tester
  • 2140 posts
  • Projects: NLS + Situation Zero

Posted 09 July 2009 - 15:20

Pav3d, on 9 Jul 2009, 16:15, said:

Looks like trash, why dont they just concentrate on making C&C3 better? This could just be an expansion

Kanes Wrath was outsourced to another company, and it's very unlikely they'll add more missions/units to TW.
Posted Image

#8 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 15:25

I agree that it looks like a TW expansion/mod. The walkers look extremely cheap (just look at the polycount and skin quality) and the engine is most definitely another SAGE or at least very heavily based on it.

Edited by Golan, 09 July 2009 - 15:28.

Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#9 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 15:49

Too bad it's not a hoax.
Posted Image

#10 Dr. Knickers

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 506 posts
  • Projects: CnC 3: ConRed, CORE

Posted 09 July 2009 - 16:04

Eugh. I can't be the only one who thinks that the game looks like crap as it is right now.

Hopefully, they'll overhaul the graphics...
Posted Image

#11 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 16:04

Shock, on 9 Jul 2009, 15:49, said:

Too bad it's not a hoax.

So true.

By the way, they have updated C&C.com for even more high octane kindergarten action! Check it out now! Yeeeeeeeeeehaaaa*critical sarcasm failure detected*

Edited by Golan, 09 July 2009 - 16:08.

Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#12 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 17:02

Anyone else think that Raj looks like Jeff Goldbloom? Kane also looks like a Sith rip-off from Star Wars... I used to adore Tiberian Sun and the Kane story line, but now, well now it's just too much.

Edited by Warboss Nooka, 09 July 2009 - 17:11.

Posted Image

#13 Kichō

文昭皇后

• Tester
  • 2140 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 17:03

Warboss Nooka, on 9 Jul 2009, 18:02, said:

Anyone else think that Raj looks like Jeff Goldbloom? Kane also looks like a Sith rip-off from Star Wars... I used to adore Tiberium Sun and the Kane story line, but now, well now it's just too much.

Am I missing a game here? Also you should of seen aged Kane in a Tiberium portrait...
Posted Image

#14 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 17:12

I fix'd it :read: It's been a long time since I've played TiberiAN Sun...or even remembered the name of it. |8
Posted Image

#15 Nem

Director

• Gold Member
  • 1417 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 17:22

As I said before if this new title was in fact C&C4 the graphics wouldn't look much better. If there is anything I'm concerned about its the lazy recoloring of the old logo and:

However, the biggest surprise on the vehicular end would be what we call the Crawler, our class-specific, all-in-one mobile base that doubles as a powerful frontline combat unit. One of our goals with Command & Conquer 4 was to come up with a more flexible, streamlined approach to base building, and the Crawler was the end result of that investigation. Rather than construct a series of structures to build and modify your army--as you would have in previous C&C titles--everything you can create, be it unit, structure, power, or upgrade, comes from your Crawler.

It seems to me the classic cnc build style will not be present in the base game. We can only hope they will have a separate game mode that includes it for moddings sake.

#16 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 17:38

Putting everything into the Crawler does simplify things, but it also means that the player MUST defend it at all costs, because the loss of it means game over (unless the player has a back up).
Posted Image

#17 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 17:41

Warboss Nooka, on 9 Jul 2009, 18:38, said:

Putting everything into the Crawler does simplify things, but it also means that the player MUST defend it at all costs, because the loss of it means game over (unless the player has a back up).

I would reckon that there will be no backup, and yes this does mean there will be lots of issues unless EA come up with something rather brilliant.

Frankly, the game look poor, and there are far better things I can spend my money on. Oh, and modding Nem? Pipe dream at the very best.
For there can be no death without life.

#18 Kaido

The one who screams.

• Member Test
  • 898 posts
  • Projects: Nothin'

Posted 09 July 2009 - 17:42

C&C 3, There was avatar
C&C 3 Kane's Warth had that giant epic unit (forgot the name)
Ra3 had one faction with mech units
C&C 4, the whole game of mechs? <.< cuz it seems like so

Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 Kichō

文昭皇后

• Tester
  • 2140 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 17:44

AJ, on 9 Jul 2009, 18:41, said:

Oh, and modding Nem? Pipe dream at the very best.

You make it out as if modding wont be in, no modding = another Kanes Wrath.

@Drag, Well look back on TS and come back to me, GDI had mechs and no one complained, to be honest I don't care if there is or isnt.

Edited by Zhen, 09 July 2009 - 17:45.

Posted Image

#20 Kaido

The one who screams.

• Member Test
  • 898 posts
  • Projects: Nothin'

Posted 09 July 2009 - 17:46

Zhen, on 9 Jul 2009, 19:44, said:

@Drag, Well look back on TS and come back to me, GDI had mechs and no one complained, to be honest I don't care if there is or isnt.

Well then it was "normal" but now...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#21 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 17:49

Zhen, on 9 Jul 2009, 18:44, said:

It will likely be as poor, and as difficult to do as C&C3 and RA3. While INIs wont be coming back, the modding support that EA churns out now doesn't really help that much, and doesn't let a community flourish around it, especially not when by the time you have modded one of their games, the next one is already out.
For there can be no death without life.

#22 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 18:27

Drag#!, on 9 Jul 2009, 13:42, said:

C&C 3, There was avatar
C&C 3 Kane's Warth had that giant epic unit (forgot the name)
Ra3 had one faction with mech units
C&C 4, the whole game of mechs? <.< cuz it seems like so

Don't forget that TS had the Titan and the Mammoth Mk. II. RA 3 gave Japan the mechs (aka Gundam look-a-likes).
Posted Image

#23 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 09 July 2009 - 19:00

From Nod I've only seen one Mech, and GDI isn't all mechs either, although I'd like it, it fits their style.

#24 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3868 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 19:06

I've made another conclusion, they put all these mech stuff to take attention of the people which ' not interested ' in C&C, so it means more customers say :' Omg look at those mechs * buys it *, and they are almost sure those who take older versions of C&C will buy it anyway, as I personally do, inside all C&C series, only RA3 disappointed me, it was good to complete it ' once ' though. C&C 3 were better than RA3 but still not good as I hope it to be, so I hope again and I hope it doesn't fail.

#25 Admiral Wesley

Semi-Pro

• 295 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 19:29

The reason why there are so many mechs in the game is because it's EA's response for the CnC community getting all pissed off that CnC 3 didn't have any mechs like in Tiberian Sun. I just hope that it's not ALL mechs, but half-and-half would be OK. From what I've seen so far (Not much) I think that CNC4 is looking a little bit like BF2142.

EDIT: By half-and-half, I mean that part of the arsenal for a faction should be mechs, and part should be traditional machines (Tanks, Aircraft, APCS, etc.)

Edited by General Wesley, 09 July 2009 - 19:35.

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users