Fallout 3 DLC

3 replies to this topic

#1 Foxhound

Ain't no rest for the wicked.

• Gold Member
  • 2027 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 19:29

I'm considering getting Fallout 3 for the PC, but I'm concerned about one thing: will the DLC work with Steam? I know you have to use Games for Windows Live, and that's not an issue, but it working or not working with Steam is.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 20:09

I have the Steam version of Fallout 3 and confirm that the DLCs do work - I have Operation Anchorage and Broken Steel and they didn't give me any real problems as such.

#3 Dr. Strangelove

Grand Poobah and Lord High Everything Else

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts
  • Projects: Where parallels meet.

Posted 25 July 2009 - 21:52

The DLCs sometimes require manual installation. They also, like any other mod, greatly increase the frequency of crashes. I'd recommend just getting the first two games.
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#4 Magma

Regular

• 174 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:43

Well, I have all DLC and about 60 different mods and it ain't yet crashed on my new computer. (played about a week) But with my older computer it did crash about once a day. But it ain't Steam version.
Let's just hope that if you buy all DLC it won't crash.... often. :D
Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it... It really is worth fighting for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more.

________________________________________________________________________________
Everyone needs believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.
________________________________________________________________________________
My greatest weapon is my knowledge.... And laser beam eyes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users