98 replies to this topic

#26 Su8perkillr

See the red light on your chest?

• 559 posts
  • Projects: Losing the game

Posted 19 August 2009 - 21:49

View PostNikola Tesla, on 19 Aug 2009, 17:18, said:

View Postsu8perkillr, on 19 Aug 2009, 11:32, said:

u mean just like contra had generals powers to build war factories and shit?

Stop comparing to Contra FFS..
This is Crazy Mod's forum, and you're discrediting all ideas by making them 'stolen' from Contra...

no, that isnt what im saying. i was just asking about the build style. because it would be lotsa more fun when they would be paradropped or something like that. and u should stop seeing things that arent there.
Posted Image

#27 xX-GENOCYDE-Xx

Visitor

• 27 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:57

for toxin if possible add some form of sprinkler as a base defense that on cue does some form of spraying like toxin tractor's contaminate ability

Edited by DrDeath613, 20 August 2009 - 06:58.

Posted Image Its all in the Body Count

#28 Su8perkillr

• 559 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:27

hmm... it would be handy. but i already use my scud launcher for that, and if it was a base defence, stinger sites (if they are still in use) should get invincibility to toxin, what ruins it when u play against another tox general
Posted Image

#29 HHKelevra

Casual

• 51 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 17:06

A Gatling weapon idea:

More or less a normal gatling tank, however every few shots, one of the gatling's barrels detaches and launches towards the target, basically becoming a small homing rocket.

As a secondary function, it can launch all of the barrels at once. But doing so prevents if from shooting until the barrels 'reload'

Edited by HHKelevra, 20 August 2009 - 17:16.

Posted Image

#30 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 20 August 2009 - 17:37

View PostDrDeath613, on 20 Aug 2009, 2:57, said:

for toxin if possible add some form of sprinkler as a base defense that on cue does some form of spraying like toxin tractor's contaminate ability

This idea actually has some merit. It could be set up like the GLA's mine general ability, but instead of being an ability, it would be a structure. They could be stealth as well (simulating the fact that sprinklers pop up to spray water, or in this case toxins).
Posted Image

#31 xX-GENOCYDE-Xx

Visitor

• 27 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 00:32

yes exactly and you could have some form of hold fire option and a proximity fuse so it doesnt go get itself killed against tanks

#32 Pandut

Abdomen and some dried fish.

• Project Team
  • 1261 posts
  • Projects: Frontlines and European Conflict

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:11

How about' for the Tank general, a large tank with a fat barrel, that shoots tanks?

A Tank that shoots tanks :P
Formerly Sobek

#33 GDIZOCOM

Amateur

• 104 posts
  • Projects: Something

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:12

My suggestion for Lazer....

How about A HUGE LAZER TANK WITH 50 lazer turrets?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:43

Not really codeable, maximum of two turrets, IIRC.
Posted Image

#35 xX-GENOCYDE-Xx

Visitor

• 27 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:18

my suggestion for laser a big laser pointer that does constant damage to anything it is currently pointed at.

Edited by DrDeath613, 23 August 2009 - 07:24.

#36 St1lton

• 8 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 17:54

View PostDestiny, on 9 Aug 2009, 2:29, said:

Laser:
Giant focusing lens mounted on a tank?
Unit with a HUGEASS laser and EXCESSIVE BLOOM but only stuns them?
Death Star

Superweapon:
Doomsday clock mounted on a tank/vehicle...ticks and explodes the enemy (Invisible projectile, set amount of damage) after a few seconds?

Infantry:
A giant Red Guard/Minigunner/Infantry? It'll look epic walking on enemy units :P Dunno, seems sorta cliche.

Tank:
A water TANK that shoots jets of water at things, pushing them backwards slowly...? (This was the origin of the tank's name, tank...you know 8|)

Nuke:
Shines a spotlight with a Trefoil on a target, then some spawned/offmap/whatever you call it nuclear weapon flies in and wham?

Toxin:
Toxic donut launcher, upon impact the toxins spawned have many different colors?

Actualy i think a death star would be a really cool super weapon for the laser general :P

#37 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:06

To make it some what believable, you'd need some sort of building to represent that you now have the Death Star for a super weapon. Perhaps a shuttle landing bay/pad could be used to represent the ferrying of those officials needed to fire the weapon on the Death Star.
Posted Image

#38 xX-GENOCYDE-Xx

Visitor

• 27 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:53

View PostWarboss Nooka, on 26 Aug 2009, 2:06, said:

To make it some what believable, you'd need some sort of building to represent that you now have the Death Star for a super weapon. Perhaps a shuttle landing bay/pad could be used to represent the ferrying of those officials needed to fire the weapon on the Death Star.

Maybe it instead of the laser itd be the ship itself that comes hurtling towards earth

#39 St1lton

• 8 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:38

View PostWarboss Nooka, on 26 Aug 2009, 2:06, said:

:P naaaa it wouldn't be that hard all you will need to do is make some sort of ball thing thats looks like the death star that hovers around (like a heli), build it at air field maby make it the siz of.... maby like a big comanchy (i dont know how to spell)
and then stick a big muver fuckin lazer on it
and maby for voices you could take a load of lines from the movie eg/ the emporer going "fire at will commander"

#40 HHKelevra

Casual

• 51 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 13:52

Or the unit itself could just be a huge shadow.
Posted Image

#41 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 14:32

The only thing with your idea coolbob, is that essentially, you'll have a mobile superweapon, and if I remember right, Jordan won't include mobile SW's.
Posted Image

#42 xX-GENOCYDE-Xx

Visitor

• 27 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 15:24

View PostWarboss Nooka, on 26 Aug 2009, 14:32, said:

The only thing with your idea coolbob, is that essentially, you'll have a mobile superweapon, and if I remember right, Jordan won't include mobile SW's.

Yeah he really shouldnt Contra did and all i got outta that was a wack of death hands consistently bombing me :P

#43 St1lton

• 8 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 17:55

View PostWarboss Nooka, on 26 Aug 2009, 14:32, said:

eerrr im not quite sure what ur on about thats what the super units are basicly
it would be a super unit like all the others
u would have to make it really slow of course (i think all the other super units are the same speed nuke (gattlin/lead beam)
and of corse make the lasre toned down a bit so it would be in the same league as the other super units

#44 St1lton

• 8 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:20

another idea for laser general
make the lazer comaros be able to build at comand center so it can be be a like a cool recon unit at the begining of the game :P
:P

#45 Su8perkillr

• 559 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 13:54

D: double post

but Jordan is probably going to give the cameros the ability to be build at special capturable structures. it work just like in CNC3 with mutant squads.
Posted Image

#46 source code

Casual

• 50 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 22:15

ill try to come up with a origional lazer gen idea as soon as i can.

but for the sw gen u might add a magnet tank wich pull a specific unit towards it (the opposite effect of a fan truck) this might come to you as why the hell would i want units INTO my base but it might creat a tactical advantage (first some damage as it hits the magnet with some force if its codeable) but killing 20 tanks one by one is a lot easier that them 20 at a time you can have a lamevee (humvee with 5 missile defenders) ready to kill it at once or what anbout those pesky artillery pieces. bring them up close so you can blow the **** out of them with you short range tanks

EDIT: for the laser general; a radio frequency jammer tank/vehicle the targeted vehicle stays in working order but cannot be commanded anymore so for example if its going to do move form a to b it will stop at b and stay there unless you stop fireing at it.

Edited by source code, 01 September 2009 - 09:44.

#47 Su8perkillr

• 559 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 14:25

magnet tank: its a fun unit, and i think it would make a great base defence if it could have 1hit 1 kill mines around it, that spawn back every 10 seconds, as a patriot replacement. maybe add a sniper tower or a shotgun bunker as a base defence to, because ur else chanceless against infants.

radio frequency jammer: hacker tank maybe? it would be fun if u could hack the enemy unit to work for you untill u stop firing @ it.
Posted Image

#48 source code

Casual

• 50 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 15:05

View Postsu8perkillr, on 1 Sep 2009, 15:25, said:

radio frequency jammer: hacker tank maybe? it would be fun if u could hack the enemy unit to work for you untill u stop firing @ it.

what do you mean? like taking it over? |8

#49 Jordan

Crazy Modder

• Gold Member
  • 2704 posts
  • Projects: C&C Crazy Mod Leader

Posted 01 September 2009 - 16:25

You cannot make a magnetron-like unit in Zero Hour. There is no negative/reverse shockwave either, so don't even ask.

A hacker tank would be very fun, but there is no proper mind control logic in Zero Hour. However, you can make a missile which hijacks the target, but it will be permanent, so it'll be hard to balance, but fun nonetheless.

Not sure about a Death Star however. Could leave me wide open for copyright infringement, not really sure how that all works. Plus, you'd never see it anyways.

-Jordan
C&C Crazy Mod Version 0.55
^^^^The True Crazy Mod Starts Here^^^^
Posted Image

#50 Su8perkillr

• 559 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 17:07

View PostJordan, on 1 Sep 2009, 18:25, said:

A hacker tank would be very fun, but there is no proper mind control logic in Zero Hour. However, you can make a missile which hijacks the target, but it will be permanent, so it'll be hard to balance, but fun nonetheless.

-Jordan

hijacker guided missile silo nyone? i think that like a silo for GLA, which shoots missiles with hijackers on it. hijacking enemy attacks ^^ this is gonna give a lot of fun |8
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users