On dreams

8 replies to this topic

#1 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:50

So I did the rare trick of remembering one of my dreams this morning, in fact nearly four hours later its still quite fresh in my brain. This is probably due to some severe confusion.

As the educated of you may know, there is a generally accepted theory that when we see other 'characters' in dreams they can be condensed from several people we know in real life. The reason this dream has stuck with me is that I have no idea where this character came from.

So any other weird and wonderful dream related content?

Some more psychology for those who care.

Freud (who while a lot mental) did have some good ideas about dreams, he hated the 'Dream books' since understanding someone's dreams can only be done when you know someone very well. I think this one was me sorting out my day but it still seems very very odd.

Ok I've rambled, decode this topic if you can and respond :lol:

#2 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 22 August 2009 - 06:21

man just stop right there the more you think about stuff like that the more u want to know and soon enough you will be 50 and still have gotten no where with it just enjoy the dream :P

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#3 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 13:27

i've often found people in my dreams to be either persons i am very emotionally attached to or odd mock-ups of other people and myself. i dream in third person so i can often see the central character of the dream being me in an older/younger state with some character traits that belong to people i know. that said, i think it's really hard to be absolutely sure of what/who you've seen in a dream :P

relating to what you said, i think it is possible for the human brain to create 'blank' characters so this person you didn't know could very well be a fabrication. that or you just don't remember who it was/you forgot who the person was. or maybe it's even someone you deliberately don't want to remember or don't want to recognize for certain reasons, the brain is after all an odd and unpredictable engine.
it's time to wake up

#4 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:51

There is also the slim possibility that you've met or seen this person, but are unable to readily recall having met or seen them.

Several questions to ask yourself:

1). How did this character behave? Who do you know that acts like this?

2). How old do you think the character was? Who do you know that is of this age?

3).What did the character's voice sound like? Was it like anyone you know?

4). Did the character look similar to anyone you've seen in a photograph or met somewhere (wedding, Uni, around town)?
Posted Image

#5 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:23

Warboss Nooka, on 24 Aug 2009, 5:51, said:

There is also the slim possibility that you've met or seen this person, but are unable to readily recall having met or seen them.

Several questions to ask yourself:

1). How did this character behave? Who do you know that acts like this?

2). How old do you think the character was? Who do you know that is of this age?

3).What did the character's voice sound like? Was it like anyone you know?

4). Did the character look similar to anyone you've seen in a photograph or met somewhere (wedding, Uni, around town)?
All good questions but I have managed to figure it out. Still an odd source for a dream though....

#6 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:39

I dreamt that I got permabanned from the Fallout Studios Forums over something with "RP not living up to expectations".

Odd thing was that it was Gorb (a mod on another forum, whom I've never had any trouble with) who banned me.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#7 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:00

Dauth, on 24 Aug 2009, 3:23, said:

All good questions but I have managed to figure it out. Still an odd source for a dream though....

Good to hear mate.

If you thought yours was odd, listen to this. Two nights ago I had a dream (that I still remember to a point), that I had the whole way through once, but there was a part that I kept repeating, and did so at least 4-5 times before the night was through.
Posted Image

#8 Mbob61

I may or may not be iron man!

• Project Team
  • 3068 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:51

I dream every night about the most crazy stuff imaginable.
I would be seriously surprised if they mean anything as they are totally crazy most of the time.

Mike

Edited by Mbob61, 24 August 2009 - 12:52.

Thanks to Pav3d for the awesome sigs
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 18:14

I am sure its something related to brain not soul, even though I believe in soul, it is because almost all of my dreams contains people or places I know, but events occur so random that it sometimes fuck up my mind, for example : I've seen a colossal creature which is so scary a few days before, but that was so ' simple ' yet it managed to scare me, no horns and stuff which you will see on movies or games, I certainly not seen such a creature in real life experiences ( movies, games etc ) but how mind makes this thing up, I can't possibly know that, its just so random...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users