Mortecha's art thread

4 replies to this topic

#1 Mortecha

Semi-Pro

• Project Team
  • 241 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 16:38

Just a thread to view, comment and creatively criticize my works.

Well first off, I have my very own Rhineland Heavy Bomber for a RA3 mod I am personally developing, just something small on the side so to speak. This piece of art is my first attempt at colour with Photoshop. I hope you like it:P

Posted Image

#2 Mortecha

Semi-Pro

• Project Team
  • 241 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:21

I have fixed it up alittle, the perspective was slightly off and there was not that much shading.

Posted Image

I kind of wanted to give that WW2ish german impression but bring their designs into the crazy world/timeline of RA. Rhineland won't be an evil faction, quite on the contrary but every country that forms the Alliance should still be unique.

The anti air/ground defence turrets are computurized and are linked to the gunner. As this unit travels over the terrain to its target it will automatically shoot ground and air enemy targets. The guns themselves are duel 3 barreled 14mm vulcan cannons. The front turret can only fire in a 120 degree arc to the front but the AA turret can fire in a full 360 degrees. Even though it has massive engines, it still travels relatively slow due to its bulk and armament capacities. It is also a higher tier unit and is very expensive to produce.

Edited by Mortecha, 03 November 2009 - 05:54.

#3 Brad

Quick! STAB YOURSELF FOR SAFETY!

• Member Test
  • 1467 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 18:51

I like the concept, and I can see how some parts of the plane are inspired from the WW2 era, as you said. Overall, I would say that it is looking good.

What is that 'claw' thingy sticking out of the front if I may ask?

It may help with your design if you make a sketch to show underneath the plane aswell, just a suggestion.
You almost did, didn't you?

#4 Mortecha

Semi-Pro

• Project Team
  • 241 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 00:19

The front thing is an antenna or something, It just looked good when I first drew it up on paper.

I like the suggestion of seeing underneath the aircraft, I might just do that.

#5 Mortecha

Semi-Pro

• Project Team
  • 241 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:52

Long time no update:P

Its been pretty busy for me this year, with Uni, sorting out visa paperwork for my fiance's visa and Job. But there is always abit of time here and there to do some more artwork.

Anyway here is some art I have been working on. I have yet to finish that bomber too.

Posted Image

Edited by Mortecha, 02 September 2010 - 05:55.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users