The Catholic Church is a Force For Good

29 replies to this topic

#26 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 15 February 2010 - 14:14

Indeed, this would be a case of hate the player not the game. If you were to find out more about Islam, you'll see that it has been horribly misinterpreted particularly by Sheikhs in the West. It's a cultural shock.

Historically btw, during the European Dark Ages , the Arabs made great advances in science and this was always praised by the religious leaders. This knowledge was essential during the renaissance in fact. However, during the Dark Ages imposed by the Ottomans on the Arabs, most of it was lost to Islamic extremism and after the Ottoman rule was removed, the Arabs went back to their tribal ways. I will go as far to say that I believe the Arabs have been historically stupid and unfortunately Islam is the scapegoat the Ottomans set up to take the fall.
Posted Image

#27 Z_mann

Professional

• 327 posts
  • Projects: Zero Hour Unleashed

Posted 19 February 2010 - 23:53

You coming pretty hard at this, aren't you?

Well, there's one thing I'd like ask you, New Guy. And I want you to tell me what you feel, NOT what you think or what you hear or conclude. Have you ever felt the need to be faithful? In any occasion? Maybe then it would be easier to understand those who you label idiots, instead of being ignorant and hateful.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Science is magic, only complicated.

#28 mazzuli

Visitor

• Tester
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 21:12

View PostZ_mann, on 20 Feb 2010, 0:53, said:

You coming pretty hard at this, aren't you?

Well, there's one thing I'd like ask you, New Guy. And I want you to tell me what you feel, NOT what you think or what you hear or conclude. Have you ever felt the need to be faithful? In any occasion? Maybe then it would be easier to understand those who you label idiots, instead of being ignorant and hateful.

Faithful to what or whom? To any religion or imagenary beings? No.
Posted Image

#29 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 21:57

I thought about posting in this thread.

But I hate these kind of discussions,

the lack of respect and maturity turns me off i guess.

But as for my opinion on the matter, I'll post it, and then never come back here.

The Catholic Church is like any organisation, their own skeletons in the closet, their own dark secrets, and they have been through a ridicules amount of corruption over the years.

But are they evil?

Nah, while many bad things have been done in its name, the organisation as it is, is not evil.

As for God, yes, I'm a christian (Lutherian-Protestant though, not catholic). I believe that God is good, but I just can't see why many of his followers have to be so f*cking stupid...

And hello there, mazzuli, Happy to meet you, or well, frankly, not really, since my first impression of you, was that of a racist respectless moron.

Edited by SquigPie, 20 February 2010 - 22:07.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#30 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 22:20

View PostDauth, on 14 Feb 2010, 9:54, said:

*Lots of quotes*

Out of interest, did you read, process and think about what I posted before venting your spleen once more? The extremist violence is the result of versions of Islam conflicting, who gave them the battlelines? Yes Islam demeans women but I don't see many female Bishops/Popes, do you?

I'm guessing you'd brick up walls around any Islamic state and leave them in your "Stone Age" for the rest of time, as opposed to offering a hand and trying to slowly break down the suspicions. You may not be an extremist Muslim, frankly, you're worse.

I will not deny that mazzuli has been just a tad insensitive here, but you still know better.

And you Squigpie, you start by saying:

View PostSquigPie, on 20 Feb 2010, 21:57, said:

the lack of respect and maturity turns me off i guess.

and then go on to say:

And hello there, mazzuli, Happy to meet you, or well, frankly, not really, since my first impression of you, was that of a racist respectless moron.

Ironic don't you think?

You do not bash members. Either of you.

Furthemore this discussion has devolved into a petty squabble over the comparisons of Muslims and Christianity. If you want a discussion like that people, I suggest you go and make the topic yourself. As it is, I think this topic has run it's natural course, considering the debate isn't even properly available online anymore.
:P
For there can be no death without life.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users