6 replies to this topic

#1 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 12 November 2009 - 16:08

Hello folks.

Today's Update is purely about Orcas, showing off practically all the GDI Aircraft.

Firstly there is the Orca Gunship:
Posted Image
Name: Mark III Orca Gunship
Cost: 1300 Build time: 15s
Armament: 6 Hellfire IV Missiles, 1 Gatling cannon.

Description: After the Second Tiberian War, GDI command realized they need a versatile, agile and deadly aircraft to take the place of the by the time already antiquated Orca Fighter. The result is the Mark III Orca Gunship, the first a new series of Orcas. Tests have shown tremendous firepower against ground targets, but it was vulnerable against hostile air-air capable aircraft, such as Nod's Banshee. Since this could not be solved without sacrificing some of the firepower, the Mark V Orca Fighter was created.
---
And here is the Orca Fighter:
Posted Image
Name: Mark IV Orca Fighter
Cost: 1000 Build time: 12s
Armament: 6 Razorteeth Missiles

Description: The Mark IV is meant to be a complement to the Mark III, adding Anti-Air firepower to the new set of Orcas. The Mark IV is a lot more agile than the Gunship, but has strong Anti-Air capabilities with its 6 Air-Air guided missiles it can hit hard on hostile aircraft. Additionally it can be upgraded with two additional missiles, adding even more to its deadliness. But be aware, the Fighter has near to no armor, and is vulnerable to AAA fire.
---
Thirdly, the Orca Bomber.
Posted Image
Name: Mark V Orca Bomber
Cost: 1800 Build time: 25s
Armament: 4 Hornet FABs

Description: Designated as Mark V, the Orca Bomber represents the latest addition to the Orca series. It also represents the slow-poke of all the Orcas, due to its heavy armor it cannot move fast, also can only attack ground targets. It is specially effective against buildings or slow ground targets, for the bombs only have limited tracking capability, although a very large area of effect, being fuel air bombs. Instantly kills infantry, deals heavy damage to buildings and vehicles.
---
Fourth, the Orca Dropship, also known as V-42 Air Freighter.
Posted Image
Name: V-42 Air Freighter
Cost: -not buildable
Armament: -n/a-

Description: The V-42 is the GDI's heavy lift aircraft. It can carry around several heavy units, in fact, it is used to bring the Mammoth MKII onto the battlefield. It is the old Dropship's replacement, it is smaller, faster, not as vulnerable to Ion Storms, and has a 50% bigger cargo capacity, and has seen nearly every single major GDI Operation since its introduction in 2038.
---
And last but not least, the Carryall.
Posted Image
Name: V42 CA Carryall
Cost: 2000 Build time: 30s
Armament: -n/a-

Description: A modified version of the V-42, the V-42 CA "Carryall" is slighly smaller, even faster, and heavier armored than the Dropship. It can carry most GDI ground units, beside the Mammoth MKII. Some people compare the Dropship and Carryall with Buses and Taxis, whereas the Carryall would be the Taxi and the Dropship the Bus, for the simple reason that the Carryall is used directly on the battlefield while the Dropship only carries units behind the frontlines.
-----
That would be it for today, stay tuned for the next update :pimp:

Edited by Sargeant Rho, 12 November 2009 - 16:11.

#2 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 12 November 2009 - 16:52

Loving them Orcas dude :pimp:.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#3 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 16:53

I love the Orca Bomber and the V-42s, but the...thrusters/engines are just too...how do I put it...large/big/fat/bulky/something :pimp: The Orcas also have a very strange design...
Posted Image

#4 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 12 November 2009 - 19:30

Wow, some pretty stuff there, especially the Gunship and the Carryall. :D
Good job mate, keep up the good work. :pimp:

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#5 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 12 November 2009 - 19:34

Nice, i like the dropship n carriers the most, great designs

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Strategia

Mwuahahahahahahah

• 3154 posts
  • Projects: Minecraft, TCMM, sleep

Posted 13 November 2009 - 00:21

I LOVE these things. Excellent Orcas mate :pimp:

#7 Warbz

IRC is just a multiplayer notepad.

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 17:18

Can't help but think that the fighter is the one that looks least able to fulfill it's role.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users