Overlord games on sale!

3 replies to this topic

#1 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:02

Ok, while we all agree Steam isn't cheap, sometimes developers and publishers use it to provide us with their games with magnificent discounts.

Steam now provides the original Overlord game for a measly 1,50, the expansion for 2,50 and the sequel for 7.50.

Though theres no reason to buy that, as the entire package is only 8.75. Two games and one expansion probably guaranteed to give you 50+ hours of nice gameplay. Time to resurrect my Overlord fetish.

Alongside this thread, I vote for opening a Steam discount thread, so that whenever things like this pop up, they can be posted on the forums.

Edited by Shock, 13 November 2009 - 09:03.

Posted Image

#2 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:32

No need to vote for a discount thread, feel free to start it and we'll pin it. We have had quite a few of these topics now so it'll be useful.

@ topic, not much of an RPG'er, but I hear that OL is quite good. May take a look anyway.

#3 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 18:41

Might as well keep this thread for some Overlord discussion.
I played the Demo of number 2 and i didn't find it very RPGish, it was just running in and destroying stuff, does it get more RPGish later on?
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#4 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 23:44

Not really like a true rpg. The fun factor of this game is the minions and the humor. You do get stronger in the game in a lot of varied points and although the player choice is limited and some upgrades linear with the story, i found it very enjoyable and satisfying. Certainly you will need to upgrade to progress.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users